You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

From Trash to Cash

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi Dev, good to see you still alive and kicking! :)
Good luck!

Comments

• edited April 2015
    2015.....The story so far;

January; nothing much happening poker wise
                 off the tables... more trash talk
    February; Started playing micro cash @888
    March; as above
    April; as above  
    profit to date; $187.88 (approx. £120)
    withdrawn $141.41  current b/r $46.47 (from zero)
    Started off playing 1c/2c (2-6 tables)
    now playing 2 tables @ 2c/4c
    plan; move up to 3c/6c when b/r hits $60 (1 table)
            move up to 5c/10c when b/r hits $100 (1 table)
    Why post as you are no longer playing at Sky Poker?
    good point. Thought it might be of some interest to one or two.
    What next? Any chance of playing here again?
    Not right now but never say never I guess.
    How about another challenge then? or returning to DYM's?
    I'm always up for a challenge but right now it's more about fun than anything else
    as to DYM's? maybe, but as long as I'm winning at cash I'll carry on I think, as I know the sky's the limit.. ha ha.

ok, that's all for now.
    Good luck with your own goals & best wishes,
    Dev.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: From Trash to Cash:
    Hi Dev, good to see you still alive and kicking! :) Good luck!
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thanks mrsD x
  • edited April 2015
    GL with your cash challenge Ian.
    Best wishes
    Mick

PS
    If you want a fresh challenge on here why not try PLO8 DYM's.
    Good little community of players and all good fun.
  • edited April 2015
    Interesting idea
    A bit like me going on Tescos forum and saying

"I'm not keen on Tesco, i much prefer other supermarkets . I've decided to keep a thread on here letting you all know about my shopping exploits at Waitrose"
  • edited April 2015
    Interesting idea A bit like me going on Tescos forum and saying "I'm not keen on Tesco, i much prefer other supermarkets . I've decided to keep a thread on here letting you all know about my shopping exploits at Waitrose"
    Posted by Jac35
    Quotes... before divadaddyjac deletes :)

Not even laughing!!
  • edited April 2015
    Interesting idea A bit like me going on Tescos forum and saying "I'm not keen on Tesco, i much prefer other supermarkets . I've decided to keep a thread on here letting you all know about my shopping exploits at Waitrose"
    Posted by Jac35

guess you can afford £75 fines when you shop there!

Oh, and GL dev ;)
  • edited April 2015
    Welcome back(ish) Dev

Not sure about your supermarket analogy Jac - Do supermarkets have forums? Is Skypoker the "Tescos" of the online world and 888 the Waitrose? Who would be Aldi/Lidl? 
  • edited April 2015
    Welcome back(ish) Dev Not sure about your supermarket analogy Jac - Do supermarkets have forums? Is Skypoker the "Tescos" of the online world and 888 the Waitrose? Who would be Aldi/Lidl? 
    Posted by Phantom66
    Tbh I have no idea if Tesco have a forum, Phantom. I take your point though. I'll try again. There must be car forums?

It's a bit like going on the Rover forum and saying you don't like Rovers. However, you're going to keep a thread saying how much you love tazzing around in your Saab
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks Mick.... no idea how to play plo8 m8, may be something to think about one day though -:)
    Cheers Jac...great posts as always.
    Cheers Sam
    Thanks Phantom
  • edited April 2015

Did this recently...my first attempt at a portrait, am hoping to do more but poker as usual comes first...sigh.
  • edited April 2015
    Hmmm Rover a Britsh institution, loved by some and derided by others, taken over by foreign investors? That could work.

How about football, say you were a Villa fan, reg on a Villa forum and moved to say Ballmouth and kept posting about well Ballmouth were doing?

People like the forum and the community here and long may that continue imo.

A good example of someone playing elsewhere and making good contributions here was TeddyBloat albeit not for a while. 

Keep contributing Dev, look forward to the picture viewing.
  • edited April 2015
    Hmmm Rover a Britsh institution, loved by some and derided by others, taken over by foreign investors? That could work. How about football, say you were a Villa fan, reg on a Villa forum and moved to say Ballmouth and kept posting about well Ballmouth were doing? People like the forum and the community here and long may that continue imo. A good example of someone playing elsewhere and making good contributions here was TeddyBloat albeit not for a while.  Keep contributing Dev, look forward to the picture viewing.
    Posted by Phantom66

The only decent thing rover produced was the mini and dogs TBF.

I think Grumps point was merely the kinda rubz, maybe had Dear Dev not mentioned the 'other site' and just his cash goals, that would have gone down better.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: From Trash to Cash : Tbh I have no idea if Tesco have a forum, Phantom. I take your point though. I'll try again. There must be car forums? It's a bit like going on the Rover forum and saying you don't like Rovers. However, you're going to keep a thread saying how much you love tazzing around in your Saab
    Posted by Jac35
    Just sharing the mental image I now have of Dev 'tazzing around' in a Saab. I can't suffer alone.

That should do it
  • edited April 2015
    Hmmm Rover a Britsh institution, loved by some and derided by others, taken over by foreign investors? That could work. How about football, say you were a Villa fan, reg on a Villa forum and moved to say Ballmouth and kept posting about well Ballmouth were doing? People like the forum and the community here and long may that continue imo. A good example of someone playing elsewhere and making good contributions here was TeddyBloat albeit not for a while.  Keep contributing Dev, look forward to the picture viewing.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I guess one of the upsides is that when he derides idiots for getting lucky no-one here will be directly insulted.

Best of luck Dev, keep it fun.
  • edited April 2015

I am sure the majority of regs on here play games elsewhere, so really don't see the harm.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: From Trash to Cash : The only decent thing rover produced was the mini and dogs TBF. I think Grumps point was merely the kinda rubz, maybe had Dear Dev not mentioned the 'other site' and just his cash goals, that would have gone down better.
    Posted by samantha25
    Mini - iconic obviously

I thought the Rovers post Honda tie up were pretty decent and the "Land" and "Range" weren't too shabby in their class.

I could mention a few old car wrecks like the Allegro etc  .... but choosing to keep it positive
  • edited April 2015
    Nice pic Dev - looks like a cross between Terence Trent D'Arby and Farrah Fawcett.
  • edited April 2015
    Nice pic Dev - looks like a cross between Terence Trent D'Arby and Farrah Fawcett.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Is that your ideal woman Slip?
  • edited April 2015
    Cheers Slip & Mike...
    no worries will do.

Gotta go... 2 freerolls to play 1x$300 & 1x$1000

have fun everyone :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: From Trash to Cash : Is that your ideal woman Slip?
    Posted by Phantom66
    You kidding?

What's not to like? ;)
  • edited May 2015
    b/r up to $68.04 (from zero)
    still playing 2 tables @ 2c/4c...  got to give 3c/6c a go soon(2p/4p in your land) :)
    good luck all,
    dev
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: From Trash to Cash : Tbh I have no idea if Tesco have a forum, Phantom. I take your point though. I'll try again. There must be car forums? It's a bit like going on the Rover forum and saying you don't like Rovers. However, you're going to keep a thread saying how much you love tazzing around in your Saab
    Posted by Jac35
    and we all have friends like that, don't we? 
    still we let them off with their little foibles as we enjoy their company. It's all about being part of a community imho.

and yes, dev, when you fancy a new challenge then come and give the plo8 dyms here a go, but for now gl in your 888 cash adventures.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi all,
    quick up-date;
    not played for the last month as I needed a break, did get up to around £100 profit in total, (with bonuses, freerolls, cash, etc) over @888 so not too bad.
    was crushing 2c/4c, struggled @ 3c/6c(2p/4p)...as expected lol
    b/r now is back to zero, withdrawn all profit. If/when I start again I'll rebuild from zero playing freerolls then 1c/2c & work back up...again.
    No plans on playing right now, would come back to sky & play micro cash, but rake is to high for my liking.
    never say never though, I guess.
    anyway...
    Back painting so will post a few up in the order they were painted.
    hope you like them.
    Best wishes,
    Ian.

'Horses in Snow'

'Horses'

'Arabian Beauties'

this is the one I am working on right now...so cute.
    'You found me'

• edited June 2015
    Good evening all.
    Has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack yet.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited July 2015
    played 2 freerolls won 30c & 60c

b/r 90c

won 30c freeroll  won 67c 1x1c/2c

b/r $1.87  $6.17