You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker points!

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
What is the point in having hundreds of poker points if there are no games where you can really use them? I seem to be building loads of points and dont get a chance to actually  buy into any games with them. There used to be loads of games i could buy in to now it seems to be less and less... Any chance of some more points buy in games or even some big points buy in games like there used to be now and again where it was like 50 points to but in or 100 to buy in.... a 500 point buy in game would be good as well for everyone that earns lots of points...

Comments

• edited May 2015

They are like the large breasts of the woman across the desk, interviewing you: you know they are there, you can see them. You just can’t, you know, reach out and touch them.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: poker points!:
    They are like the large breasts of the woman across the desk, interviewing you: you know they are there, you can see them. You just can’t, you know, reach out and touch them.
    Posted by Slipwater
    To be fair, you can... you just risk losing a lot more than a handful of poxy poker points if you do.
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by Slipwater
    You can't??? As anology from above surely you have earned the right to erm perhaps go blublublublublub,just by being in the room
  • edited May 2015
    Sigh.

There's always someone who will divert a well-intentioned thread at a moment's notice.
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by Slipwater
    lol you are right its extremely frustrating! amazing comparison! why dont they do something about it!? who is the person to contact regarding this? are we not able to set up a private freerole using high staked points to win a prize or something...
  • edited May 2015
    with these points they should have a sky poker store that u can buy merchandize like 10k points for a poker shirt 5k points for a cap u get the drift
  • edited May 2015
    People have already had the value of the poker points.
  • edited May 2015
    It's surprising what you can do with them if you put your mind to it.

http://bit.ly/1ekh1Nn

#JustSaying
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to poker points!:
    What is the point in having hundreds of poker points if there are no games where you can really use them? I seem to be building loads of points and dont get a chance to actually  buy into any games with them. There used to be loads of games i could buy in to now it seems to be less and less... Any chance of some more points buy in games or even some big points buy in games like there used to be now and again where it was like 50 points to but in or 100 to buy in.... a 500 point buy in game would be good as well for everyone that earns lots of points...
    Posted by jonny964
    Who said there was any point to having hundreds of points. They have already served their purpose. When you aquired them you was given cash back every month depending on how many points you got. There are some recreational players who play little and for low stakes, and find it difficult to gain the 10 points required for a freeroll, and there other players who can easily aquire them and to such an extent they find they have a surplus for the freerolls. I myself have enough to play in every freeroll for the next few years if I wish.

They provide incentive for lower level players in that they can earn enough for the freeroll, and for the higher level players incentive in the form of cash back. There is of course a good promotional argument for having some higher point buy in freerolls as well to try and encourage more play across the range of players and thus increase rake for the site.
  • edited May 2015
    People have already had the value of the poker points.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ^
    Ridiculous.
    For years there was no 'Cash for Points'  - points were used for Primo entries, for example, and some people accumulated thousands or even tens of thousands of points on the assumption they could be used. 
    This issue has been discussed many times on here and is a running sore. I don't think it will ever be resolved.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: poker points! : ^ Ridiculous. For years there was no 'Cash for Points'  - points were used for Primo entries, for example, and some people accumulated thousands or even tens of thousands of points on the assumption they could be used.  This issue has been discussed many times on here and is a running sore. I don't think it will ever be resolved.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Fair enough, but that hasn't been the case for a long long time. So people have been getting the value of the points for at least a couple of years I think.

The points are just there. I don't think it will be resolved cos I don't think there is necessarily anything to resolve.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: poker points! : Fair enough, but that hasn't been the case for a long long time. So people have been getting the value of the points for at least a couple of years I think. The points are just there. I don't think it will be resolved cos I don't think there is necessarily anything to resolve.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

+1