You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TKO II The omaha leg.

edited January 2010 in Sky Poker Tournaments
  After the thrilling and overwhelming victory in leg 1 spearheaded by our great and fearles leader the great Tikay himself. It seems that from reading the posts flying around that Team LML(Lisa's Moaning Losers?) are very confident of winning the Omaha leg.Well maybe they are right.

Looking at the players on team Tikay, how could we possibly compete with all the knowledge and experience of the team LML players. Of course the fact that most of the knowledge they have has been taught to them by Tikay or one of his loyal servants.

So LML bring it on. With luck you will be on a table with one of the Team Tikay greats. After it is all said and done you will only be able to do one thing. Watch all your chips disappear to one of the Tikay army whilst still trying to figure out what hand you actually had.

Team Tikay's Official Colin

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to TKO II The omaha leg.:
      After the thrilling and overwhelming victory in leg 1 spearheaded by our great and fearles leader the great Tikay himself. It seems that from reading the posts flying around that Team LML(Lisa's Moaning Losers?) are very confident of winning the Omaha leg.Well maybe they are right.   Looking at the players on team Tikay, how could we possibly compete with all the knowledge and experience of the team LML players. Of course the fact that most of the knowledge they have has been taught to them by Tikay or one of his loyal servants.   So LML bring it on. With luck you will be on a table with one of the Team Tikay greats. After it is all said and done you will only be able to do one thing. Watch all your chips disappear to one of the Tikay army whilst still trying to figure out what hand you actually had.  Team Tikay's Official Colin
    Posted by Talon
    I've bought a book on Omaha today - so watch this space.  I'm expecting great things. Lol

Jan x
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to TKO II The omaha leg.:
      After the thrilling and overwhelming victory in leg 1 spearheaded by our great and fearles leader the great Tikay himself. It seems that from reading the posts flying around that Team LML(Lisa's Moaning Losers?) are very confident of winning the Omaha leg.Well maybe they are right.   Looking at the players on team Tikay, how could we possibly compete with all the knowledge and experience of the team LML players. Of course the fact that most of the knowledge they have has been taught to them by Tikay or one of his loyal servants.   So LML bring it on. With luck you will be on a table with one of the Team Tikay greats. After it is all said and done you will only be able to do one thing. Watch all your chips disappear to one of the Tikay army whilst still trying to figure out what hand you actually had.  Team Tikay's Official Colin
    Posted by Talon
    That's fighting talk, that is.
    Bring it on.

P.S. Look up "overwhelming" in a dictionary - it obviously doesn't mean what you think it does.  :-)
  • edited January 2010
    Looking forward to this.

For a start it will last longer than the six hands i played Tuesday against 4 away players and one shove monkey. 

PL OMAHA i would imagine half the field won't turn up because they either don't know the game or can't shove with any two (or four) cards. 
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: TKO II The omaha leg.:
    In Response to TKO II The omaha leg. : That's fighting talk, that is. Bring it on. P.S. Look up "overwhelming" in a dictionary - it obviously doesn't mean what you think it does.  :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
      I looked up overwhelm and it said it was what i did to you on Tuesday when we shared a table
  • edited January 2010
    I'm hoping that the Sky Team will set up a few low level (£1.00 or £2.00 buyins) Omaha tournaments to give those players who have never played Omaha before a chance to play a few hands before Tuesday.

By the way, thanks Talon for the excellent blogs, I actually managed to last a whole hour in an Omaha game the other day thanks to your excellent tips and advice, didn't cash but I am saving my first Omaha cash for Tuesday:).

And before anyone says anything NO I wasn't sitting out the whole game lol, I actually managed to win a few hands:)

Steve
  • edited January 2010
    Nice post Talon. MereNovice is a very good omaha player but not to worry he will probably sleep through it :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: TKO II The omaha leg. :   I looked up overwhelm and it said it was what i did to you on Tuesday when we shared a table
    Posted by Talon
    It means "nick his chips while he's not there" then?

• edited January 2010
    Nice post Talon. MereNovice is a very good omaha player but not to worry he will probably sleep through it :)
    Posted by MADMOO

Awwwwwwwww, thanks - I think.   :-)
  • edited January 2010
    Looking forward to this one.. I'm loving the low stakes (£2.25 DYM) NLO at the moment
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to TKO II The omaha leg. : That's fighting talk, that is. Bring it on. P.S. Look up "overwhelming" in a dictionary - it obviously doesn't mean what you think it does.  :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    OED. overwhelming - like what Team tikay is, innit

OED - underwhelming - as in Team Lisa, e.g., ploppers
  • edited January 2010
    as most of the vets are in team tk and the omaha mtt,s are filled with tks faithful.there is no doubt it will be 2_0 come next tues. sorry lisa you have no chance,if a miracle happens i will enter the tk sleep stack and listen to tk talk about steam trains etc .regards (praying you dont get miracle ) brett 
  • edited January 2010
    omaha here we come yeeeeeehaaaaaa 2-0
  • edited January 2010
    Easy peasy.

Hopefully the website may not mess up for me this time, and i'll get to play.