You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Private tournaments

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
Why do Sky not just register players who meet requirements for private tournaments, rather than find the need to use passwords.I find it unfair that players who meet these requirements are unfairly treated, all it takes is for the password to be given out and anyone can enter. Passed on to friends, family, poker buddies, its just not fair.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Private tournaments:
    Why do Sky not just register players who meet requirements for private tournaments, rather than find the need to use passwords.I find it unfair that players who meet these requirements are unfairly treated, all it takes is for the password to be given out and anyone can enter. Passed on to friends, family, poker buddies, its just not fair.
    Posted by DOYLEBRUNS
    A very good question..... WHY ????.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Private tournaments:
    In Response to Private tournaments : A very good question..... WHY ????.
    Posted by STEVEMAX
    Anyone.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Private tournaments : Anyone.
    Posted by DOYLEBRUNS
    I did express by concerns to Sky and they said its a very valid point and would look into it.Obviously not with the way people are registering for the sky bet freeroll tonight. 
  • edited May 2015
    The reason it's filling up now is because no email was sent Monday and the text was sent out about an hour ago, but I agree they should use the same principles as they do with the freerolls that you need to earn points in the last 24 hours.
  • edited May 2015
    The reason it's filling up now is because no email was sent Monday and the text was sent out about an hour ago, but I agree they should use the same principles as they do with the freerolls that you need to earn points in the last 24 hours.
    Posted by Snuffer[/
    #So all of sudden people just join because they receive texts, and dont check there e-mails for almost a week.I understand the pronciple of what you are saying , but you are also saying 70 only joined because they checked there e-mails.And the rest joined by text, really not having it.
  • edited May 2015
    Sky stated on another thread that they haven't sent an email out this week. I didn't receive one, did you?
  • edited May 2015
    Sky stated on another thread that they haven't sent an email out this week. I didn't receive one, did you?
    Posted by Snuffer
    Indeedy.  First time they've not done that as far as I know. 
    (I've not received the promised Sunday text yet either).
  • edited May 2015
    I had a similar arguement with Sky approx 7 years ago when a private tournament that I and others had effectively paid entrance for was made password protected. It had several times the legitmate runners and some on the tables openly admitted they had got the password from their friends at Sky. I considered this was Sky taking my money and giving it to others. Despite numerous complaints by myself and others, Sky basically said it was nothing to do with them. I suspect I would get a better response these days as custumer service has improved a lot since then. Just to let you know they have been looking nto it for over 7 years.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Private tournaments : Indeedy.  First time they've not done that as far as I know.  (I've not received the promised Sunday text yet either).
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Got the text at 1pm, might want to contact CC.
  • edited May 2015
    wats the password

PS last longer please