You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Report abuse

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
hi does anybody know how to report abuse whilst playing poker,I never usually get involved but last nite after knocking somebody out of a poxy £3 6 max tourney my full house beating his nut flush he typed I hope u die in a house fire abit harsh don't you think should I name and shame ???

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Report abuse:
    hi does anybody know how to report abuse whilst playing poker,I never usually get involved but last nite after knocking somebody out of a poxy £3 6 max tourney my full house beating his nut flush he typed I hope u die in a house fire abit harsh don't you think should I name and shame ???
    Posted by millwise11
    No names.

Customer care.

Good luck.
  • edited May 2015
    NO Do not name and shame. if you have experienced
    abuse in the chat box report it to customer care.

Give them details of which tourney you were playing 
    and i believe they can revue the chat 

Regards Alan (plo8 champ)

• edited May 2015

Whats your view on someone using the c word in chat slip.

daggers

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Report abuse:
    Whats your view on someone using the c word in chat slip. daggers
    Posted by daggers747
    Maybe I shouldn't address this...

It's unacceptable to abuse someone with that word, Daggers, and the incident to which you are referring does not fit into this category.
  • edited May 2015

I think it is not an acceptable word on the forum under any circumstances.

Chat abuse in many forms is on the increase, this is a friendly site lets all set standards
    and keep it fun.

Daggers

• edited May 2015
    Daggers - you're taking things out of context, and your generalisation that the jocular use of a curse word directed at someone (me) who accepted it as banter, is somehow as offensive as someone saying to the opening poster that they should die in a house fire, is quite absurd.
  • edited May 2015
    People have different standards of what is acceptable. If the person who is being abused feels it goes to far then they should report it irrespective of others viewpoints.
  • edited May 2015
    I am certainly no prude slip but your defense of the use of the c word in any context
    on this forum I find very disappointing.

daggers
  • edited May 2015
    People have different standards of what is acceptable. If the person who is being abused feels it goes to far then they should report it irrespective of others viewpoints.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Agreed.
  • edited May 2015
    I am certainly no prude slip but your defense of the use of the c word in any context on this forum I find very disappointing. daggers
    Posted by daggers747
    I am not defending its usage.

The opening poster had been abused in the chat box in the manner described. Whether I like or abhor the expletive used in the conversation you are talking about is irrelevant - its use was not a case of chat abuse. I should know because I was the subject of it.