You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Collusion... Some people never learn

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
Think the two people I played last night in a £5 dym have been living under a rock for last month.

Two alias names the same bar two extra ZZ on end instead of 1. Every time short and they on SB v BB raise, reraise call, short has 1/2 blind behind and the bb auto folds the flop.

Then u look at stats and one guy opened account that night and played 6 of 6 with that guy :) do they think will not get caught. 
Thumbs up for sky help as was there to chat at 3am! I just hope both players are banned, got to stamp them out! If I was boss for day I would publish how many people get banned each month, act as a deterant if nothing else.

Hopefully get refunded my bug in, spent next two games warning others of them, but at 3am beer seems a prominent feature haha

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I'm glad you reported it Matt, I would definitely want my buy in back at the very least, plus anyone else that they played against last night.
  • edited May 2015
    I was in a game with these two last night. Very suspicious and hopefully Sky will look into it.
  • edited May 2015

was it two players or one player with two accounts ?
    I have heard it can be done
    I have played in many games where I have thought that there was collusion But only in DYMs
    I never play DYMs any more
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Collusion... Some people never learn:
    Think the two people I played last night in a £5 dym have been living under a rock for last month. Two alias names the same bar two extra ZZ on end instead of 1. Every time short and they on SB v BB raise, reraise call, short has 1/2 blind behind and the bb auto folds the flop. Then u look at stats and one guy opened account that night and played 6 of 6 with that guy :) do they think will not get caught.  Thumbs up for sky help as was there to chat at 3am! I just hope both players are banned, got to stamp them out! If I was boss for day I would publish how many people get banned each month, act as a deterant if nothing else. Hopefully get refunded my bug in, spent next two games warning others of them, but at 3am beer seems a prominent feature haha
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Genius.
    If you're planning on doing this kind of thing then that's the way to start...

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion... Some people never learn:
    In Response to Collusion... Some people never learn : Genius. If you're planning on doing this kind of thing then that's the way to start...
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I have considered starting an account under the name of MattBatez.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion... Some people never learn : I have considered starting an account under the name of MattBatez.
    Posted by Slipwater
    They would spot that in short order :)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion... Some people never learn : They would spot that in short order :)
    Posted by Essexphil
    Epic!
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Collusion... Some people never learn:
    Think the two people I played last night in a £5 dym have been living under a rock for last month. Two alias names the same bar two extra ZZ on end instead of 1. Every time short and they on SB v BB raise, reraise call, short has 1/2 blind behind and the bb auto folds the flop. Then u look at stats and one guy opened account that night and played 6 of 6 with that guy :) do they think will not get caught.  Thumbs up for sky help as was there to chat at 3am! I just hope both players are banned, got to stamp them out! If I was boss for day I would publish how many people get banned each month, act as a deterant if nothing else. Hopefully get refunded my bug in, spent next two games warning others of them, but at 3am beer seems a prominent feature haha
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Glad you reported them,I agree that some form of information should be posted periodically but I guess it may have the opposite effect and scare people off.
    Hope the lowlife is banned for life.
  • edited May 2015
    Watched last night and same "two" guys playing together, registering within seconds. Looking at stats he seems to of picked up a friend and when you watch it looks very fishey, with not one hand being played against each other. As per previous post, played all but 1 game since joining sky with same name person and all but 2 vs second person.

So out of 13 games, 12 played with one player and 10 with other.

Really hope I don't see them playing again, 12 games corrupted means effected, assuming guy 3 is a coincidence, is 48 players done over! 

I know it is BAnk holiday but surely it is simple too investigate and box off. I hate to see people done over and be powerless to do anything more. 
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion... They are still at it and seems to be 3 people:
    Watched last night and same "two" guys playing together, registering within seconds. Looking at stats he seems to of picked up a friend and when you watch it looks very fishey, with not one hand being played against each other. As per previous post, played all but 1 game since joining sky with same name person and all but 2 vs second person. So out of 13 games, 12 played with one player and 10 with other. Really hope I don't see them playing again, 12 games corrupted means effected, assuming guy 3 is a coincidence, is 48 players done over!  I know it is BAnk holiday but surely it is simple too investigate and box off. I hate to see people done over and be powerless to do anything more. 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    I think that is the most frustrating thing, if you have reported this to customer care.

I certainly will not be playing any NLH DYMs if I see players in the lobby with names ending in z or zz.

I would also be fearful of starting a DYM lobby, in case these two were the last to register.
  • edited May 2015
    Another night, another hit for the "squad" in the dym world. To make matters worse, they won a decent amount in the free role too!

Is def 3 people involved, clear as day what is going on.

Why is it this site takes action against someone posting a naughty word or speaking their mind on the community but when there is down right cheating going on it is happy to let them carry on???

My list of people who been affected by these getting longer - amount to refund getting bigger.
  • edited May 2015
    I certainly have started watching the table more closely since this post and yes I do agree there is quite a few colluding. I know the regs now who play and have a laugh with and I know they wouldn't do that. Think there should be mods on each tourney to sort out all of this. Some people will sat too many mods are needed. Not the case. On each tourney you could have a contact mod button to take you straight there and inform them of suspected collusion. That way they can watch the table closely without giving away that they are there. Then they will have the proof to instigate an investigation into the players. 
  • edited May 2015
    I certainly have started watching the table more closely since this post and yes I do agree there is quite a few colluding. I know the regs now who play and have a laugh with and I know they wouldn't do that. Think there should be mods on each tourney to sort out all of this. Some people will sat too many mods are needed. Not the case. On each tourney you could have a contact mod button to take you straight there and inform them of suspected collusion. That way they can watch the table closely without giving away that they are there. Then they will have the proof to instigate an investigation into the players. 
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Think about the cost of what your suggesting. Someone gets paid to be on hand in case collusion happens then has to watch the game while it plays out. Think of the cost of this against the rake sky get for that game. For the actual number of times where suspect play goes on you can just send in details to sky and get them to look at the hands.

Quite often people get bad play and collusion mixed up. Some people make plays which look like collusion when in fact it is people playing hands really bad (mainly thinking DYMs/sats here). The most obvious collusion is over a reasonable number of games where players play together and suspect play goes on.

Whilst players should always keep an eye out for suspect play, there isn't a massive problem with collusion. Players should just be aware of the games that are more likely to have collusion in them and act accordingly.
  • edited May 2015
    Another night, another hit for the "squad" in the dym world. To make matters worse, they won a decent amount in the free role too! Is def 3 people involved, clear as day what is going on. Why is it this site takes action against someone posting a naughty word or speaking their mind on the community but when there is down right cheating going on it is happy to let them carry on??? My list of people who been affected by these getting longer - amount to refund getting bigger.
    Posted by Nuggy962

Sorry, but is this aimed at Hitsquad or is that unintentional?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion... They are still at it and seems to be 3 people : Sorry, but is this aimed at Hitsquad or is that unintentional?
    Posted by luvBWFC
    No no no no!!

Sorry, no, did not mean to imply that at all. Is a random group of player(s) I have been monitoring.

Nothing to do with any teams at all, simply a small sample of bad eggs in an otherwise great basket. 

Glad you mentioned it, if you thought it, others may of too and I can assure you in no way was I making a link to the team Hit squad.

Matt

• edited May 2015
    Thanks for clarification Matt!
  • edited May 2015
    Hi,

This matter has now been dealt with.

All the best,

Dan