You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Father Ted`s Raffle...

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat

I think Mr Orford is doing a show on Sky Sports 4 tonight so I'm pretty sure he didn't get a P45. I don't personally know the full details of Richard's business in terms of what contracts he has but I think he is a self-employed TV presenter who sometimes does work for BSkyB. That is a separate company to Sky Betting and Gaming who operate Sky Poker.

I have read your post a few times though and I'm slightly confused by the "light-hearted" part. Ryan Spittles is a professional poker player who often works as a freelance for BSkyB  as an analyser on their poker programmes. He is an excellent player in my experience and he has played thousands of tournaments on the site. Would it not be more suspicious if he never won any?

The "just having a laugh" tone in your post comes across as passive-aggressive.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Should have read post out loud before posting....
  • edited May 2015

5 years & 15,000 games

29 skypoker anchors and analysts

Win played    1st
    1 scotty77 2,465 31
    2 yoyo 1,571 15
    3 2Guys1Acct 201 3
    4 ricorford 172 1
    5 lolufold 171 1
    6 mbsfntb_jb 29 1
    7 CMoorman 4 1
    8 Djinnrummy 163  
    9 tikay1 118  
    10 mrstarch1 110  
    11 tedgiddzo 59  
    12 tikay10 54  
    13 richorford 48  
    14 lechoss 47  
    15 laura_c 43  
    16 beardyjohn 29  
    17 NChanning 28  
    18 j-hartigan 28  
    19 joestapes 23  
    20 CaIIMeMayB 20  
    21 IANFRAZER 18  
    22 StuRutter 10  
    23 lisa_marie 9  
    24 carlo 6  
    25 NeilBBP 3  
    26 missfowler 2  
    27 jules_sowa 2  
    28 fowles 1  
    29 sarah_c 1  

• edited May 2015
    Thanks aussie09, that is very informative, Mrstarch was a regular good pundit too.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Father Ted`s Raffle...:
    Not really knowing what passive aggresive means, heard Det Goren use it on Criminal Intent....I was trying to be light hearted, I was on the rail the night Mr Orford won his decent bounty hunter, and it was at the same time Sky Poker stopped ch861 and he took all the banter about redunacy and p45 in great humour, and Ryan is a top pro and good analyst. I meant who are the other pros and pundits, Your table name is a bit of a givaway, and nice to know when you have the top players in your midst.        Nothing to do with who works where and for what, Suppose using comedy from 20yrs ago missed, apologies, no offence meant.
    Posted by poncake
    Father Ted is the finest sitcom ever produced, and is absolutely timeless. I don't think using that as an example was the problem.

Perhaps if the bulk of your recent posts weren't filled with negativity about Sky Poker, then maybe people wouldn't assume your post to be a dig at the site, which was my initial reaction.
  • edited May 2015

It's when you have something you want to say that maybe carries resentment or a negative feeling but you try and avoid confrontation by dressing it up in an unassertive way maybe by "having a laugh".

I would say that you started the thread because it's a problem for you. Would you prefer the presenters and analysts not to play? What about the camera men, sound people, researchers? People that work at Sky News? Sky Sports? In the canteen? How far would you take it?

I think either you should accuse someone or not really but if I can try and reassure you I will mention that direct employees of Sky Poker who work in an office in Leeds are not allowed to play on Sky Poker. The people you mentioned are all self-employed.
  • edited May 2015
            5 years in 10,000 games     29 skypoker anchors and analysts                     Win played     1st 1 scotty77 2,465 31 2 yoyo 1,571 15 3 2Guys1Acct 201 3 4 ricorford 172 1 5 lolufold 171 1 6 mbsfntb_jb 29 1 7 CMoorman 4 1 8 Djinnrummy 163   9 tikay1 118   10 mrstarch1 110   11 tedgiddzo 59   12 tikay10 54   13 richorford 48   14 lechoss 47   15 laura_c 43   16 beardyjohn 29   17 NChanning 28   18 j-hartigan 28   19 joestapes 23   20 CaIIMeMayB 20   21 IANFRAZER 18   22 StuRutter 10   23 lisa_marie 9   24 carlo 6   25 NeilBBP 3   26 missfowler 2   27 jules_sowa 2   28 fowles 1   29 sarah_c 1  
    Posted by aussie09

Nice info Rob as per. But 29?....I only count 27 there ;)

*edit - forgot Neil....make that 26.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Father Ted`s Raffle... : Nice info Rob as per. But 29?....I only count 27 there ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY

cheers alan.

who is invisible to you?  who are you ignoring?

• edited May 2015

is number 23 invisible? 

anything to do with your retinas and that dress?

i understand.

chin up.

• edited May 2015
    Re above, I think it is a bonus playing against the pros, presenters, and did not wish to offend anyone, re negativty, I couple of posts which were personel game issues which have always been resolved.
            I realise what I saw as humorous post may come across as a bit of a smart ****..again no offence. I believe Sky Poker is the best and fairest pokersite, fast payouts, good tournies for all levels, good forum. When I get humped out a game (often), it is because I was a numpty, when I win (rarely) I was great / lucky or the poker gods gave me my turn.
         I will take my time posting in future, not half as funny written down as in my head.
  • edited May 2015

there are

richorford and his twin ricorford,
    tikay1 and his dad tikay10
    fowles and her more beautiful sister missfowler
    nchanning and his alterego neilbbp

so that means you will arrive at 29-4 = 25

• edited May 2015
    is number 23 invisible?  anything to do with your retinas and that dress? i understand. chin up.
    Posted by aussie09

;) Nothing like that mate. Just trying to highlight those who appear twice in the list.

.....I will just go back to my memories of that dress now.
  • edited May 2015

are there any other presenters or analysts that i missed?

trevor harris, richard prew, dave bland, mbanin, that irish guy J-P, matt broughton  ...

who else and what alias.

• edited May 2015
    I'm a bit surprised how few wins there are between them all tbh, given some of the quality on that list.

Didn't Tikay win the Open once*, I'm sure I saw that on 861 (although may be so long ago it was 'before records began')

* Before I get trolled for this post, I want to make clear that I am in no way either linking, or not linking, the two statements above...
  • edited May 2015
    So the sole win of 'ricorford' was the 2.20 then?
  • edited May 2015
    So the sole win of 'ricorford' was the 2.20 then?
    Posted by Slipwater

no, it was the £55 at 9pm on 18 march.