You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Accidental Raising

Hey guys,

Please please please please could you add some sort of safety measure to avoid accidental raises.

I was typing in another window, and what I was typing ended in 01.

I was typing quick, and whilst typing my game window became active, and without knowing the 01 was typed into the raise box and I hit enter before I even knew what was going on.

Turns out I've now raised from to 24001, from blinds 600/1200 with 83o and I'm called and obviously lose.

Could you adjust the game windows so that you need to actually 'click' the raise number box rather than it just typing automatically. I am guessing the autofill box on the page is the raise box, making the autofill box the chat box would have stopped that happening and I'd still be playing!

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Accidental Raising:
    Hey guys, Please please please please could you add some sort of safety measure to avoid accidental raises. I was typing in another window, and what I was typing ended in 01. I was typing quick, and whilst typing my game window became active, and without knowing the 01 was typed into the raise box and I hit enter before I even knew what was going on. Turns out I've now raised from to 24001, from blinds 600/1200 with 83o and I'm called and obviously lose. Could you adjust the game windows so that you need to actually 'click' the raise number box rather than it just typing automatically. I am guessing the autofill box on the page is the raise box, making the autofill box the chat box would have stopped that happening and I'd still be playing! Thanks
    Posted by Shakeylake
    Hi shakes

Sorry to say this has been case for years, numerous threads on it but as changing says, software cost money and won't give the site payback so won't happen. 
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Accidental Raising:
    Hey guys, Please please please please could you add some sort of safety measure to avoid accidental raises. I was typing in another window, and what I was typing ended in 01. I was typing quick, and whilst typing my game window became active, and without knowing the 01 was typed into the raise box and I hit enter before I even knew what was going on. Turns out I've now raised from to 24001, from blinds 600/1200 with 83o and I'm called and obviously lose. Could you adjust the game windows so that you need to actually 'click' the raise number box rather than it just typing automatically. I am guessing the autofill box on the page is the raise box, making the autofill box the chat box would have stopped that happening and I'd still be playing! Thanks
    Posted by Shakeylake
    I know exactly what you mean. So many times I've raised when I didn't want nor intend to. Problem is, once raised it would be foolish not to then have a play and make the most of the raise.

I understand this can also happen in poker too.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Accidental Raising:
    In Response to Accidental Raising : I know exactly what you mean. So many times I've raised when I didn't want nor intend to. Problem is, once raised it would be foolish not to then have a play and make the most of the raise. I understand this can also happen in poker too.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Just get it all in before the flop....

Are we talking full ring game here fella???
  • edited May 2015
    Yes this is one of the problems with the software, another ont the same theme is having the action buttons in the same place as the advance action buttons. An example you are in the BB with 9 7s and decide to see a flop for cheap if allowed and press the advance button saying check, but it changes to call as you press it and the player UTG had gone all in, and the rest had pressed their fold buttons, so you now are all in. As mentioned previously changing the software would cost money so probably will not happen. As I frequently multi- table, I have often typed in a chat box on one table only to find it appears on another table which sometimes may not be appropriate.
  • edited May 2015
    I have just seen this, had exactly this issue last night, was chitter chattering away on one of 4 tables (so it wasn't cluttered) and see that I havent actually typed anything in the chatbox, but I have raised 2k on another table (at 50/100) with 2 4 off........luckily no one looked me up!!!!

Need to stop being such a chatterbox :-)))
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Accidental Raising:
    Yes this is one of the problems with the software, another ont the same theme is having the action buttons in the same place as the advance action buttons. An example you are in the BB with 9 7s and decide to see a flop for cheap if allowed and press the advance button saying check, but it changes to call as you press it and the player UTG had gone all in, and the rest had pressed their fold buttons, so you now are all in. As mentioned previously changing the software would cost money so probably will not happen. As I frequently multi- table, I have often typed in a chat box on one table only to find it appears on another table which sometimes may not be appropriate.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    and this is a big problem when playing on a mobile as due to lag its important to use the advance buttons a lot