You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how i leave the tournament

edited May 2015 in The Poker Clinic
early days dealt pp js raise 4 x bb
2 caller  low stack and  big stack
flop 2s 3d 6 hearts
so small stack goes all in for 500 , big stack calls , as I have 2400 like a complete tool I go all in hoping the big stack realises he way behind and folds but no he calls
small stack all in has 10 3 spades
large stack has a 6
I have jj
the turn comes 9 spades
river 6 spades

so wonderfully the miracle of the river knocks me out

played badly? apparently looking through the poker books no played it exactly as should of .
shame sky doesn't believe in what books say and like to reward the long shot

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to how i leave the tournament:
    early days dealt pp js raise 4 x bb 2 caller  low stack and  big stack flop 2s 3d 6 hearts so small stack goes all in for 500 , big stack calls , as I have 2400 like a complete tool I go all in hoping the big stack realises he way behind and folds but no he calls small stack all in has 10 3 spades large stack has a 6 I have jj the turn comes 9 spades river 6 spades so wonderfully the miracle of the river knocks me out played badly? apparently looking through the poker books no played it exactly as should of . shame sky doesn't believe in what books say and like to reward the long shot
    Posted by fliddyfish
    So lets look at this miracle.

You get it in on the flop, all good. But you have to swerve a 10, a 3, a 6 and an Ace, twice. Someone might correct me but I think you're only 60% fave on this flop, so 4/10 times you will lose.

Then the turn brings a flush draw, so to win the pot outright you have to swerve all them cards above plus all the spades. Unfortunately for you the river puts you out, but miracle? Far from it.

You need to realise a few things. You don't want the big stack to fold when you have him in poor shape. Do you want him to fold when he's behind and only call when he's beating JJ? You want people to make mistakes vs you. What happens after that is down to the poker Gods.

Your mentality is all wrong, and is probably holding you back. You can either moan about perceived bad beats, which is commonplace from you, or look at things differently, maybe post a few hands to get some feedback.

The hand above looks fine from what I can gather and I'm sure how most people on the site would play it in a similar fashion. But your attitude and mentality is all wrong. If you can't alter these 2 things, you might as well sack off the game. 
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: how i leave the tournament:
    In Response to how i leave the tournament : So lets look at this miracle. You get it in on the flop, all good. But you have to swerve a 10, a 3, a 6 and an Ace, twice. Someone might correct me but I think you're only 60% fave on this flop, so 4/10 times you will lose. Then the turn brings a flush draw, so to win the pot outright you have to swerve all them cards above plus all the spades. Unfortunately for you the river puts you out, but miracle? Far from it. You need to realise a few things. You don't want the big stack to fold when you have him in poor shape. Do you want him to fold when he's behind and only call when he's beating JJ? You want people to make mistakes vs you. What happens after that is down to the poker Gods. Your mentality is all wrong, and is probably holding you back. You can either moan about perceived bad beats, which is commonplace from you, or look at things differently, maybe post a few hands to get some feedback. The hand above looks fine from what I can gather and I'm sure how most people on the site would play it in a similar fashion. But your attitude and mentality is all wrong. If you can't alter these 2 things, you might as well sack off the game. 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Big +1

Read and digest.
  • edited May 2015

how i leave the tournament???????

Well when i lose i usually just click on close