You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker notes and colours

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi,

I sometimes jot  down  notes ingame  when i spot a player doing something noteworthy.

I also try to tag them a colour, but only 2 colours, I use Red to mean they should be avoided, i.e. they usually have a hand and wont be giving money away, and green to mean go get them i.e. loose , they  part with cash readily.

Im obviously under using the colour tags.
What do other players use the other colours for ?

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to poker notes and colours:
    Hi, I sometimes jot  down  notes ingame  when i spot a player doing something noteworthy. I also try to tag them a colour, but only 2 colours, I use Red to mean they should be avoided, i.e. they usually have a hand and wont be giving money away, and green to mean go get them i.e. loose , they  part with cash readily. Im obviously under using the colour tags. What do other players use the other colours for ?
    Posted by mumsie
    Hi mumsie, great question, I often wonder the same although I do use all 4 it would be interesting to know what others do.

I use roughly the same method as you but I split the 2 into 2 to try and differentiate styles of play going on past form to help me with tough decisions.

So I split good players into 2 groups and the same with bad, well not necessarily good and bad that's a bit black and white, really it's all about styles of play, the colours on their own would not be any where near as helpfully without notes.

Imo a good player is not necessarily a 'rock', only playing premiums, sets and made flop hands. It's post flop play that distinguishes this so therefore notes on betting patterns are vital. 

Will be very interested as to what others post as I'm sure I need to improve the content of my notes.

All the best James

EDIT obviously pre flop play very important too. knowing what range of holdings players will 3xbet,4xbet etc with is handy, this is tricky as don't usually get to showdown, so be sure to take not when they do but in the meantime I find notes on frequency of 3xbet, 4xbet and also frequency of folds in these spots very helpful

2nd edit .... erm ok there are 6 colours lol. same rules apply not going to edit whole post

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: poker notes and colours:
    In Response to poker notes and colours : Hi mumsie, great question, I often wonder the same although I do use all 4 it would be interesting to know what others do. I use roughly the same method as you but I split the 2 into 2 to try and differentiate styles of play going on past form to help me with tough decisions. So I split good players into 2 groups and the same with bad, well not necessarily good and bad that's a bit black and white, really it's all about styles of play, the colours on their own would not be any where near as helpfully without notes. Imo a good player is not necessarily a 'rock', only playing premiums, sets and made flop hands. It's post flop play that distinguishes this so therefore notes on betting patterns are vital.  Will be very interested as to what others post as I'm sure I need to improve the content of my notes. All the best James EDIT obviously pre flop play very important too. knowing what range of holdings players will 3xbet,4xbet etc with is handy, this is tricky as don't usually get to showdown, so be sure to take not when they do but in the meantime I find notes on frequency of 3xbet, 4xbet and also frequency of folds in these spots very helpful
    Posted by LmfaoAllin

Thanks for the reply
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to poker notes and colours:
    Hi, I sometimes jot  down  notes ingame  when i spot a player doing something noteworthy. I also try to tag them a colour, but only 2 colours, I use Red to mean they should be avoided, i.e. they usually have a hand and wont be giving money away, and green to mean go get them i.e. loose , they  part with cash readily. Im obviously under using the colour tags. What do other players use the other colours for ?
    Posted by mumsie
    Exactly the same as you mumsie, apart from I also have orange for the players that I'm unsure of i.e They play a good solid game one day and then awful on another day. A bit like me really haha
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to poker notes and colours : Exactly the same as you mumsie, apart from I also have orange for the players that I'm unsure of i.e They play a good solid game one day and then awful on another day. A bit like me really haha
    Posted by waller02

do I have a colour Ryan? ;)

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: poker notes and colours : do I have a colour Ryan? ;)
    Posted by samantha25
    Or me :)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: poker notes and colours : do I have a colour Ryan? ;)
    Posted by samantha25
    I forgot to mention that I tag any attractive females with the colour blue. So yeah your colour is red.

And tom, one of the deepy arch enemies......use your imagination :)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: poker notes and colours : I forgot to mention that I tag any attractive females with the colour blue. So yeah your colour is red. And tom, one of the deepy arch enemies......use your imagination :)
    Posted by waller02
    Not may attractive girls in the poker world.

Except Liv, of course.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: poker notes and colours : I forgot to mention that I tag any attractive females with the colour blue. So yeah your colour is red. And tom, one of the deepy arch enemies......use your imagination :)
    Posted by waller02
    Fail lol.........I meant green
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: poker notes and colours : Fail lol.........I meant green
    Posted by waller02
    Change it to red every 4th week for a few days?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: poker notes and colours : Change it to red every 4th week for a few days?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    So wrong, yet so right.

Back to the topic in question..........
  • edited May 2015
    I use red yellow green mainly, like a standard traffic light system.

>fish
    >average
    >regs/winners