You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

delay before your bad beat?

edited May 2015 in The Poker Clinic

so again I get the bad beat my aq all in against kq big stack and doing fine till the river when the miracle king comes , but here my point there was a slight pause before revealing the king now is this just me? or is it for dramatic effect ? or was it just a bad connection? just seemed a slight pause before I got the usual bad beat when all going all in , didn't notice it when another poor guy got whacked by runner runner but wasn't pay much attention just seems harsh to have a delay when u get beat ,u know u expect it , just wondering

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Sometimes the software struggles to find the card that will beat you. Then of course it has to decide which king to choose...........hearts or diamonds, hearts or diamonds. This will lead to an inevitable delay.

I have heard that this glitch is being worked on though so the miracle card should be dealt a lot faster in future. Sky apologise for any time wasted during this delay.
  • edited May 2015
    Great reply ^^^
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to delay before your bad beat?:
    so again I get the bad beat my aq all in against kq big stack and doing fine till the river when the miracle king comes , but here my point there was a slight pause before revealing the king now is this just me? or is it for dramatic effect ? or was it just a bad connection? just seemed a slight pause before I got the usual bad beat when all going all in , didn't notice it when another poor guy got whacked by runner runner but wasn't pay much attention just seems harsh to have a delay when u get beat ,u know u expect it , just wondering
    Posted by fliddyfish
    Just give the game up and move on.
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by fliddyfish
    Don't know if you're familiar with computers or not, but they are quite fast. If the software designers didn't incorporate delays the whole process of 'post all-in dealing/show-down' would be carried out so quickly no one would ever see it.
    Are you getting to the bottom of your stupid question barrel?
  • edited May 2015
    this thread has brightened up my morning, lol @ 'bottom of your stupid question barrel'......I definitely need to incorporate that into my every day chat.
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by fliddyfish
    Don't get it all-in pre-flop. If you keep just 1 chip behind then this never happens as the game plays out normally (it doesn't trigger the 'all-in' algorithm). There will be sceptics of course, but don't listen to them. 
    Next time you have AQ v KQ, try it and I guarantee you'll win about 74% of the time.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: delay before your bad beat?:
    this thread has brightened up my morning, lol @ 'bottom of your stupid question barrel'......I definitely need to incorporate that into my every day chat.
    Posted by HENDRIK62

This is just as hilarious as the Bottom of your stupid question barrel.