You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday High Roller "Tonight"

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
In Response to Sunday High Roller Help! :D:
Hey guys just won a free seat in to this Sundays high roller event Never played this Before way to high for my price range so Im very happy and gratefull ! But anyone know the starting chips amount is  and the Prize pool roughtly Thanks In Advance ! :D
Posted by whitebeast
If you click on the tournament lobby in the MTT section, it will give you all the info you need pretty much.

I think it tends to get around 160 runners at the moment, so a 16k prizepool with around £4.3k for the win, and a min cash worth about £220. Looking at 18 paid for 160 or so runners I think it is.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    THey guys just won a free seat in to this Sundays high roller event Never played this Before way to high for my price range so Im very happy and gratefull ! But anyone know the starting chips amount is  and the Prize pool roughtly

Thanks In Advance ! :D
  • edited May 2015
    Cheers ! And also with free entrys like this if you un register from it do you get the cash vaule or Just loose the seat ?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday High Roller Help! :D:
    Cheers ! And also with free entrys like this if you un register from it do you get the cash vaule or Just loose the seat ?
    Posted by whitebeast
    I imagine you'd lose it. They might be able to swap if you can't play this Sunday, otherwise just go for it and enjoy the experience, nice tournament to play when there is no financial pressure on you!

Plus 100 points, so you'll qualify for the Mayhem freeroll on Monday evening.
  • edited May 2015
    :O yeah 100 points I forgot about that ! Yeah Never played anything so high got to be on top form :D I perfer large starting stacks and blinds more you can do if that makes sence :D
  • edited May 2015
    :O yeah 100 points I forgot about that ! Yeah Never played anything so high got to be on top form :D I perfer large starting stacks and blinds more you can do if that makes sence :D
    Posted by whitebeast
    Yeah it makes perfect sense. With larger stacks you can go out, walk the dog, read the paper, make a brew and still have a playable stack when you sit down

Gl though just enjoy it! It is a great structure, I've heard that you can fold your way to the money. Just ask Maxally.
  • edited May 2015
    :O Waller if that is the case then wow So tempting ! :D Free £110 + haha :D
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday High Roller Help! :D : Yeah it makes perfect sense. With larger stacks you can go out, walk the dog, read the paper, make a brew and still have a playable stack when you sit down Gl though just enjoy it! It is a great structure, I've heard that you can fold your way to the money. Just ask Maxally.
    Posted by waller02

Thanks mate ! If that is the case then Im gonna play tight as I would rather have min cash than nothing when Its costed me nothing to play haha :D
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday High Roller Help! :D : Thanks mate ! If that is the case then Im gonna play tight as I would rather have min cash than nothing when Its costed me nothing to play haha :D
    Posted by whitebeast
    Seriously though, wish I could give you some advice on how to approach the roller...............but I have a 0% record in it haha

You're in for free, so just treat it the same as you would if it was £2 deepstack. Best of luck!
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday High Roller Help! :D : Seriously though, wish I could give you some advice on how to approach the roller...............but I have a 0% record in it haha You're in for free, so just treat it the same as you would if it was £2 deepstack. Best of luck!
    Posted by waller02

Yeah 1000% roll on sunday ! :D
  • edited May 2015
    dont let the money take over dont look at the lobby until ya near the bubble my advice would be play tight early stages suss out the players on your table take notes on there actions best of luck to ya
  • edited May 2015
    dont let the money take over dont look at the lobby until ya near the bubble my advice would be play tight early stages suss out the players on your table take notes on there actions best of luck to ya
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Thanks for advise ! Yeah I am going to play very tight on this one I am normally very loose however with the blinds being 15 mintues its worth it be tight I think :D + Yeah Normally do not take notes as tables shuffle every 10 hands or so with people leaving but with it being 10k and 15 mins blinds it going to be same people on table for a while So I will ! :D
  • edited May 2015
    I have no idea but I am very excited and confident for tonight super roller I normally am not with lower amound tournys I Normally play but I think its the fact it was a free seat and its going to be full of VERY good players being highest buy in I feel like I got nothing to lose and I know im going to do well for some reason and play the best I can. Better be carfull guys Whitebeast is coming for your chips :D
  • edited May 2015
    Best of luck this evening. Really hope you enjoy yourself this eve.

My advise.......

Don't go broke early levels with top pair top kicker hands. People love to play suited connector type hands early doors. 10k is a lot of chips, but can quickly be bled away - is great structure.

Keep us updated :)
  • edited May 2015

Tight early is actually a really decent strategy, not least 'cos it's the opposite to what most people do. The other great thing to do, which is also opposite to what most people do, is to open up later on. Maybe when the blinds get to 300/600 you ought to have gradually eased through the gears.

If you do play super-tight and you've barely played or won a hand by 9.30pm you'll still have over 7000 chips and with the blinds still pretty low you'll have loads of play.

Best of luck (unless you're on my table).
  • edited May 2015
    Can't really add much in terms of advice on top of what other's have already said, just forget the BI and try to make good decisions in the situations you're given, simplez

Best of luck tonight Beast.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday High Roller "Tonight":
     Tight early is actually a really decent strategy, not least 'cos it's the opposite to what most people do. The other great thing to do, which is also opposite to what most people do, is to open up later on. Maybe when the blinds get to 300/600 you ought to have gradually eased through the gears.  If you do play super-tight and you've barely played or won a hand by 9.30pm you'll still have over 7000 chips and with the blinds still pretty low you'll have loads of play.  Best of luck (unless you're on my table).
    Posted by NChanning
    i.e. tikay's strategy. :-)
  • edited May 2015
    macacgirl1 won a seat into a UKOPS high roller event, and she doesn't even play mtts as she was a PLO8 dym player.

here is her write-up after coming 6th and winning over £2,000 - gl to u2

I should have known really on the FT that I was facing a monster hand, a min raise from that position, but with JJ and only 10 Big Blinds left, I kinda think I did the right thing by getting the lot in. In fact I'm sure it was the right thing to do. I didn't get that far to just try and ladder another place, I wanted to win the thing! So I gottem in hoping I was flipping or that I'd be lucky. Nevermind. 
    It was really interesting to play the game actually. My plan played itself out perfectly. I knew there'd be some serious players there and that I couldn't outplay them, I knew they'd use sharky and see that I wasn't a tournament player, so I played it super passive for 30 minutes, let em take my blinds, didn't defend once. Luckily after an hour or so I found top set on the flop, managed to double up and knock out one poor soul who hit middle set and that set me going. Played super passive again for an hour, let em steal my blinds, then hit another big hand to knock someone else out.  After that, my plan of creating a super tight image obviously worked as I was at-it left right and centre! I didn't have a genuine hand for another two and a half hours, but every twenty minutes or so I went for it.  Only 'orrible situation was when I was moved to a table with the top 4 stacks and me when I was about position 9 or 10 out of 15, I knew I'd be the target but luckily only had to defend blinds a couple of times whilst I had junk and before I knew it, I was moved to new table as we were down to 12 players left. Yet again, before I knew it, it was FT. so, Mission accomplished and win £100 from freerolls challenge completed!
    Thanks Neil, I think you're being too kind, I was lucky to be honest. I had to throw a couple of three barrel bluffs into the mix in the last couple of hours just to stick around and luckily I never got looked up come the river.
  • edited May 2015
    Good afternoon Whitebeast.
    GOOD LUCK TONIGHT.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2015
  • edited May 2015

Good luck tonight, enjoy it.

• edited May 2015
    Best of luck this evening. Really hope you enjoy yourself this eve. My advise....... Don't go broke early levels with top pair top kicker hands. People love to play suited connector type hands early doors. 10k is a lot of chips, but can quickly be bled away - is great structure. Keep us updated :)
    Posted by Nuggy962

Thanks ! Yeah there is no way im going out early the only way I would if I lost E.g Quads to straight flush A massive hand. I will keep you updated Thanks again ! :D
  • edited May 2015
     Tight early is actually a really decent strategy, not least 'cos it's the opposite to what most people do. The other great thing to do, which is also opposite to what most people do, is to open up later on. Maybe when the blinds get to 300/600 you ought to have gradually eased through the gears.  If you do play super-tight and you've barely played or won a hand by 9.30pm you'll still have over 7000 chips and with the blinds still pretty low you'll have loads of play.  Best of luck (unless you're on my table).
    Posted by NChanning

I hope im there at 300/600 aha and yeah I might plat tight but I still want to build my stack up and up ect and Thanks you + I hope im not on your table Untill the Final table :D
  • edited May 2015
    Can't really add much in terms of advice on top of what other's have already said, just forget the BI and try to make good decisions in the situations you're given, simplez Best of luck tonight Beast.
    Posted by Lambert180

Thanks Lambert !! :D
  • edited May 2015
    macacgirl1 won a seat into a UKOPS high roller event, and she doesn't even play mtts as she was a PLO8 dym player. here is her write-up after coming 6th and winning over £2,000 - gl to u2 I should have known really on the FT that I was facing a monster hand, a min raise from that position, but with JJ and only 10 Big Blinds left, I kinda think I did the right thing by getting the lot in. In fact I'm sure it was the right thing to do. I didn't get that far to just try and ladder another place, I wanted to win the thing! So I gottem in hoping I was flipping or that I'd be lucky. Nevermind.  It was really interesting to play the game actually. My plan played itself out perfectly. I knew there'd be some serious players there and that I couldn't outplay them, I knew they'd use sharky and see that I wasn't a tournament player, so I played it super passive for 30 minutes, let em take my blinds, didn't defend once. Luckily after an hour or so I found top set on the flop, managed to double up and knock out one poor soul who hit middle set and that set me going. Played super passive again for an hour, let em steal my blinds, then hit another big hand to knock someone else out.  After that, my plan of creating a super tight image obviously worked as I was at-it left right and centre! I didn't have a genuine hand for another two and a half hours, but every twenty minutes or so I went for it.  Only 'orrible situation was when I was moved to a table with the top 4 stacks and me when I was about position 9 or 10 out of 15, I knew I'd be the target but luckily only had to defend blinds a couple of times whilst I had junk and before I knew it, I was moved to new table as we were down to 12 players left. Yet again, before I knew it, it was FT. so, Mission accomplished and win £100 from freerolls challenge completed! Thanks Neil, I think you're being too kind, I was lucky to be honest. I had to throw a couple of three barrel bluffs into the mix in the last couple of hours just to stick around and luckily I never got looked up come the river.
    Posted by GELDY

Thanks mate Good read !! :D

• edited May 2015
    Good afternoon Whitebeast. GOOD LUCK TONIGHT. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397

Eveneing Rainman ! Thnaks Rainman !! :D
  • edited May 2015
    Good luck!
    Posted by mrsduck

Thyanks Mrs duck Quack Quack <3 
  • edited May 2015
    UPDATE

First 30 mins of tourn I played very tight had around 10-11K after that I started getting in to stupid hands and went down to about 8K then I dropped fown to 2.5k Where i pushed all in with A-4  He had 9-9 Flop 4-7-8 turn was J River was A. So I survived with so luck from sky. was up to 5k where I went back and fourth from 2k-7k. Then I just had JQ In big blind "250"They then
    Raise 600.00
    and I called "350"

Flop was 

Q

They checked

Then   I

Bet 1000.00

They called 

Turn was

whitebeast All-in 6325.00

P
    ****** Call 6325.00 

Pot was 16575.00

RIVER was a 9 

whitebeast
    Q
    J

They Show

So Im now at 16k and average is 15k. As long as you got a chip you still got a chance ! :D
  • edited May 2015
    Update now got 24k average is 22k :D   30/76
  • edited May 2015
    Update now got 24k average is 22k :D   30/76
    Posted by whitebeast
    glgl!
  • edited May 2015
    just took a look in the lobby and you're doing very nicely!!

Keep It Up, very best of luck!!

mac