You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Football league season over how did your antipost bets do?

edited May 2015 in Betting Chat
I had Middlesboro,Mk Dons and Northampton in a e.w. yankee

thought I was going to cover my costs with 2 places until Boro choke at the death

so in £18 down on that

seem to remember somebody tipping Burton (might have been father v) and bristol city were gettable.
But cant believe anybody would have had Bournemouth for the championship. 

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I did City, Wigan (pathetic), Preston & Burton Albion in a e/w L15.

So 1 winner & a place with city to come. They've tried their hardest to throw away second place but Arsenal's loss last night means its back in their hands. Fingers crossed they'll hold on to give me a small profit :)
  • edited May 2015
    I had Middlesborough, Bristol C and Bury and was due a 4 figure payout if they all made the top 3 so was gutted that Boro let me down right at the end.

I did 10 antepost bets all together and 9 let me down, but i did have Matt Tubbs for league 2 top scorer at 18/1 so did sneak a bit of profit still.
  • edited May 2015
    I had e/w singles plus accumulators on Norwich, Bristol City & Bury with Chelsea to win in the accumulators. Got two winners & two placed.

My biggest bets were on Forest to finish top half (8/11) - Lost, Reading to finish bottom half (11/10) - WON & Brighton to finish bottom half (10/11) - WON and top six finishes:

Norwich 8/11 - WON
    Derby 4/5 - Lost
    Bristol City 4/5 - WON
    Preston Evens - WON
    Burton 5/4 - WON
    Bury 4/5 - WON

Had all doubles & trebles so made a tidy profit with 5 out of 6. Got 5 out of 6 the previous season with DErby, Reading, Brentford, Preston, Fleetwood & Chesterfield. Think this is a bet worth considering for serious punters.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Football league season over how did your antipost bets do?:
    I had e/w singles plus accumulators on Norwich, Bristol City & Bury with Chelsea to win in the accumulators. Got two winners & two placed. My biggest bets were on Forest to finish top half (8/11) - Lost, Reading to finish bottom half (11/10) - WON & Brighton to finish bottom half (10/11) - WON and top six finishes: Norwich 8/11 - WON Derby 4/5 - Lost Bristol City 4/5 - WON Preston Evens - WON Burton 5/4 - WON Bury 4/5 - WON Had all doubles & trebles so made a tidy profit with 5 out of 6. Got 5 out of 6 the previous season with DErby, Reading, Brentford, Preston, Fleetwood & Chesterfield. Think this is a bet worth considering for serious punters.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Great stuff! Be sure to share your selections for next season :)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Football league season over how did your antipost bets do?:
    I had Middlesboro,Mk Dons and Northampton in a e.w. yankee thought I was going to cover my costs with 2 places until Boro choke at the death so in £18 down on that seem to remember somebody tipping Burton (might have been father v) and bristol city were gettable. But cant believe anybody would have had Bournemouth for the championship. 
    Posted by BADBOY985
    All set for next season with Ricky Holmes!!!! A big thank you to AA for giving him to us for free!
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Football league season over how did your antipost bets do? : Great stuff! Be sure to share your selections for next season :)
    Posted by goldnballz
    Generally, I like to go for proven teams. Norwich was a punt that they would be good enough and wouldn't fall apart as many relegated sides do. I won't be backing QPR next season.

At this stage, teams like Ipswich & Derby look like decent bets but I usually leave it until a day or two before the season starts.
  • edited May 2015
    Im liking the look of Wolves for next year, Providing they keep hold of Afobe and continue to invest in their squad they should be in the running, if i can get near to 20/1 then id be lumping on that
  • edited May 2015
    good only bet i done was aguerro top goalscorer ante post at 6/1
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Football league season over how did your antipost bets do? : All set for next season with Ricky Holmes!!!! A big thank you to AA for giving him to us for free!
    Posted by splashies
    To be honest was never a big fan of Holmes always works hard but not always much end product. 
    See were favorites for the league again. 
    Cooks already got rid off 9 players and saying anything apart from automatic promotion is a failure.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Football league season over how did your antipost bets do? : To be honest was never a big fan of Holmes always works hard but not always much end product.  See were favorites for the league again.  Cooks already got rid off 9 players and saying anything apart from automatic promotion is a failure.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I've been watching league 2 football for most of my 28 years and Holmes is one of the best players in the 4th tier I've ever seen.

Everyone at Northampton is stunned that you can release someone like him.

Holmes said that Awford told him to hug the left touchline, which is maybe why you haven't seen the best of him.

At Northampton, he literally goes wherever he wants, he plays from the right from the left and also behind the striker, he has a free license. And you're right about his work rate too, it's outstanding.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Football league season over how did your antipost bets do? : To be honest was never a big fan of Holmes always works hard but not always much end product.  See were favorites for the league again.  Cooks already got rid off 9 players and saying anything apart from automatic promotion is a failure.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I've been watching league 2 football for most of my 28 years and Holmes is one of the best players in the 4th tier I've ever seen.

Everyone at Northampton is stunned that you can release someone like him.

Holmes said that Awford told him he hug the left touchline, which is maybe why you haven't seen the best of him.

At Northampton, he literally goes wherever he wants, he plays from the right from the left and also behind the striker, he has a free license. And you're right about his work rate too, it's outstanding.