You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Doug Polk et al vs Super Bot Claudico

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
Did anyone else watch some of this footage? The quality wasn't great but there are some good highlights around.

For those of you who don't know, 4 poker pros took on a poker bot (supposedly the best that has ever been developed) and ended up beating it for $732,713. I would have always backed the pros TBH. Doug Polk is a boss.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    The programmers are claiming victory:

"Over 80,000 hands and $170 million of virtual money being bet, three-quarters of a million bucks is pretty much a rounding error", the experimenters said, “and can’t be considered a statistically significant victory.”

The computer bluffed and bet against the best poker players the world has ever known and over 80,000 hands the humans were not able to discover an exploitable flaw in the computer’s strategy. Thus, a significant win for the computer.

• edited May 2015
    Can see that side of it too I suppose.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Doug Polk et al vs Super Bot Claudico:
    Can see that side of it too I suppose.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    No way! If I beat you consistently for 9 bucks a hand, you wouldn't call it a victory!
    Only computer programmers (or maybe politicians) could claim that losing 732K is actually a victory.