You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can the mayhem continue?

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
Following the success of the mayhem freerolls, I was wondering if there would be any possibility of them continuing after the Vegas promotion.

I would think a roller seat and some cash prizes, not on the scale of the present promotion, would be an excellent idea.

Any thoughts? 

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Never seen a promo on Sky so widely received. Not a word of complaint about it, which is rare!

If it can continue, that would be great. Maybe it's not feasible to run it weekly, but returning it for stuff like UKOPs, VLV etc would go down very well.
  • edited May 2015
    Agreed has been a great promotion that is inclusive for everyone much better than the ussual rake races that probably 80% maybe more have no chance in.
  • edited May 2015
    Hey guys,

I will defo pass this onto the Promotions team to get their feedback. Glad it's gone down so well! :)

Sky Kirsty
  • edited May 2015
    From a selfish point of view I prefer rake races and know others who do too.  I seem to get jumped on whenever I say so though.

I also think Sky and imparticular JP and Kirsty do a great job adding plenty of variety with promotions.

Obvs not every promo is going to suit everyone but sky definitely do try.

Variety ftw :)

It would be interesting to know which promos generate most rake/traffic but I guess it would be difficult to gauge.

Run well poker peeps :)

• edited May 2015
    I like it better than the Vegas Free Roll.

Before this promo I used to enter VFR every night, but now its just all in shove and out. No structure to it. Am sure they think they are playing for heads!

Now the mayhem, I absolutely love it. Yes I am a newbie (or fairly new) but I find it a lot better to play than the above mentioned. Its more about strategy and biding your time and picking your spots. I find Bounty Hunter Tournies harder to play, maybe its just because I've got a target above my head and that takes my concentration away from really playing. But that's just me. In Mayhem the pressure is off. If you get a head you get a head if you don't and you do well and get to cashing then it's still a bonus. Plus it gives me an idea of how well I've been learning and playing. I am improving and will continue to do so. So when I post how many head's I've got I am over the moon and really happy. Hope it continues.

+1 to Arfur for starting this thread. lol

Olive
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Can the mayhem continue?:
    From a selfish point of view I prefer rake races and know others who do too.  I seem to get jumped on whenever I say so though. I also think Sky and imparticular JP and Kirsty do a great job adding plenty of variety with promotions. Obvs not every promo is going to suit everyone but sky definitely do try. Variety ftw :) It would be interesting to know which promos generate most rake/traffic but I guess it would be difficult to gauge. Run well poker peeps :)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Totally agree that their has to be a variety, and I would say that on the whole, Sky have got the balance right with all their VLV promotions this year. 

I think that the mayhem is one of the better promos, because it doesn't target one particular set of players.  All you have to do is get the requisite number of points, wether you play cash, MTTs, or SNGs.
  • edited May 2015
    +1 excellent promo imo as has something for everyone

Sky doesn't have many decent regular freerolls and think these would have been good even without the Vegas package on top

Think if sky ran a regular / daily freeroll for all players clocking 50/100 points that day with structure/prize pool similar to the mayhem ones would be a good incentive for lower stakes players to play a bit more on site 

Would also be good for the grinders as a significant portion of winnings are likely to be ploughed back into the site