You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's it going to take to put the fun back in poker?

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat

Ok enough is enough, too many negative posts lately.

What is it going to take to put the fun back into poker?
Where has all the banter gone?
 I know it's still there......some where. As my team mates know and those that know me I am always laughing at one thing or another.  Bad beats happen, my thinking is to shake it off and move on. Don't let it affect your game. Even if your the short stack don't give up. As long as you have chips your still dangerous. Infact your more dangerous than the larger stacks. My saying is keep your head and pick your spots and time and time again i've seen it come true and they end up with more and more chips.

Come on guys and Girls, lets try and put the fun back in Poker.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I pretty much always enjoy my poker.

I think playing low buy in PLO8 is a good way to invigorate your game if you need to find more fun.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: What's it going to take to put the fun back in poker?:
    I pretty much always enjoy my poker. I think playing low buy in PLO8 is a good way to invigorate your game if you need to find more fun.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Tiger, have you not seen me on the PLO8 tables?? Have started to become a regular at that now in the league. Apparently owning Mr Geldy and Mr Vespa on thursday. Tbh I was that shattered I can't even remember so my game was not up to usual standards. hahaha
  • edited May 2015
    It hasnt gone your right ! Its at the plo8 tables! Sorry holdem players :D
  • edited May 2015
    I agree, there's plenty of fun stuff happening in poker that can be discussed. Too much focus on the negative aspects recently. Going to start a few threads today...
  • edited May 2015
    Plenty fun to be had, people need to stop taking themselves so seriously, I am not sure I have ever met people with thinner skin. 

Moving from Edinburgh to Glasgow when I was 17 might have had the effect of giving me skin like a rhino, then being called jock and asked if TV had reached us every day in London for about 3yrs probably sealed the deal.

we don't all need to become Mary Poppins, people crossing swords and having some edgy banter is fine, just steer clear of getting too personal and don't go over the top.

We are grown ups after all....sometimes ;-)

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: What's it going to take to put the fun back in poker?:
    Plenty fun to be had, people need to stop taking themselves so seriously, I am not sure I have ever met people with thinner skin.  Moving from Edinburgh to Glasgow when I was 17 might have had the effect of giving me skin like a rhino, then being called jock and asked if TV had reached us every day in London for about 3yrs probably sealed the deal. we don't all need to become Mary Poppins, people crossing swords and having some edgy banter is fine, just steer clear of getting too personal and don't go over the top.  We are grown ups after all....sometimes ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Big +1 from me.

In fact +1 for all of it.