You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Spanish Primera Divison Bets

edited January 2010 in The Shed
Hi Everyone,

Just decided to share again some of my bets...Have been pretty successful in Football lately, since I cut down on the numbers of bets and the number of leagues. So far I have 3 bets for the weekend:

Both games on Sunday in Spain:

Xerez v Osasuna - Xerez +0.25 Asian Handicap

The reason for this bet is quite simple, although many of you might be sceptical since I'm betting on the worst team in the league. However they have changed their coach before the last round and I beleive that is going to have a positive effect on the team. 

The main reason for by bet is, however, the state of Osasuna. They are quite average away from home, and the home advantage in Spain plays a very big role I believe. On top of that they played a midweek game in for the Spanish Cup, so I don't really think they are gonna be very fresh.

So both these cases and the fact that we are getting a +0.25 handicap for the home team makes me take the bet on Xerez and win even if they draw.

Getafe v Atletico Madrid - Atletico Madrid (Draw no bet) & Over 2.25

Theses bets are based mainly on the history between these 2 teams. Since Getafe entered Primera Division they have never won a game against Atletico and most of the games finished with Over 2.5 goals. 

Both teams played midweek Cup games, and both are gonna be a bit tired, which leads me to believe that there are gonna be mistakes made by both and we are gonna see some goals. 

On top of that Atletico seem to have found their feet in the new year and are scoring a lot of goals. So I believe a score of 1:2, 1:3, or 2:2 at the worst case is on the cards.

With the Over 2.25 we have some cover in case there are only 2 goals in the game. You can find the 2.25 line in many bookies, except for Sky of course.

Good Luck....

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Thanks Remy, nice bit of insight if I have a bet on Sunday. La Liga and Ligue 1 in France have been the cause of much swearing when an accumulator and perms have gone down before work on Monday.
  • edited January 2010
    Nice, i can't trust the foreign leagues, alway mess me about!

My bets for the weekend, followed in everyone elses footsteps and gone for an ambitious one.
    1. Wolves v Crystal Palace
    2. Wolves @ 4/5
    3. Notts Co. v Wigan
    4. Wigan @ 8/13
    5. Everton v Birmingham
    6. Draw @ 5/2
    7. Bolton v Sheff. Utd
    8. Bolton by Exactly 1 Goal @ 5/2
    9. Scunthorpe v Man. City
    10. Over 2.5 Goals @ 8/11
    11. Acc. Stanley v Fulham
    12. Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
    13. Aston Villa v Brighton
    14. Over 2.5 Goals @ 8/15
    Super heinz for £6 & 50p accy

Also got a bigger accy on for a pound
  • edited January 2010
    More decent Shouts, More food for thought, defo need to have a look at these over/under 2.5 goals bets. Never done them before.