You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live NLHE Tournament Hand Analysis

edited May 2015 in The Poker Clinic
Early stages of £50 freezeout, starting stack 30k. Blinds are 100/200. I've got pretty much what I started with.

UTG raises to 600. I look down at 9c 9s. I elect to call. So do the button and BB. Pot is now 2500.

Flop comes down 9h Ah 6h. BB checks, original raiser checks. I lead out for 1400. Dealer raises to 5,000. BB moves all-in for 22,000. Original UTG raiser folds. 

What do you do?

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Call :) If BB or BTN has AA then gg me! But they flat pre so I'm just discounting it from their range. I guess BTN can be more likely of the 2 to have AA (hoping for a squeeze from behind) but BB just flatting with 4 left in the pot would be really bad.
  • edited May 2015
    so you don't want to see AA
    or a flopped flush vs which you're prob only 30-35% to win and you're not priced in enough to make it worth risking your tournie life
    but add in a few draws into the shovers range such as AxKh etc and you get priced in pretty quick

readless and with a re-entry available i might call
    no re-entry and a weak field i'd fold and look for a better spot

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Live NLHE Tournament Hand Analysis:
    so you don't want to see AA or a flopped flush vs which you're prob only 30-35% to win and you're not priced in enough to make it worth risking your tournie life but add in a few draws into the shovers range such as AxKh etc and you get priced in pretty quick readless and with a re-entry available i might call no re-entry and a weak field i'd fold and look for a better spot
    Posted by GELDY
    Unless have specific reads, I am never folding there
  • edited May 2015
    Yeah never folding
  • edited May 2015
    i see a lot of level 1 play early on in these cheapie live events, and more often than not that means at least one of the two still to act will have the made flush, and usually the guy who shoved. 
  • edited May 2015
    If this is the £50 event that I think it is (and I sometimes play it), then you'd have to be off your rocker to fold.
  • edited May 2015
    Well, I pretty much snap-called and they both had a flush! I bricked out, boo hoo.

Figuring that nobody had AA and the other guy was likely going to call (he's a nutter) I thought the price was ok - 30k to win 90k and I'm what, about 30% to win against a flush and AK with Kh?

That was my reasoning anyway, might be completely wrong!
  • edited May 2015

Think 66 is a very feasible villain holding as well, making it a great spot to GII I reckon.

Live poker obv rigged for action.