You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Trolling - trying to get you to play higher stakes?

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi all
Just a question on the above. Playing £5 HU hyper, my usual mini session. Play a reg player at the cash games, normal first game and it bink it, click rematch.....

In next game, villain starts trolling me, asking why I would want a rematch as clearly not as good as him.  This is fine, I am polite and say just play for fun no dramas

Then he starts goading me, telling me he is a troll, if I think I am so good play him at 400nl HU cash. No way I would ever get involved in a measuring comp ;) he tried and tried, beat me at HU few times then admitted was trying to wind me up to get me on cash tables. I stopped playing and thought nothing of it until........

Talking with a close friend, said he was playing 10nl cash. Said he done well bla bla bla. Then mentioned a villains name... Same guy I played ay HU - same story! Trolled him, opened up a 400nl HU cash table and tried getting him to play. My mate said wanted so badly to have a shot at him but didn't have enough roll for min sit down.

So my question is what can be done other than just ignore them, I only worry the easily wound up could spew a lot of £ to a guy like this, obviously knows what he is doing. 6 tables 10nl, few HU and goes bum hunting in an extreme way.

As said i play for a giggle so would never be tempted, maybe does not mean others may not.....

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Trolling - trying to get you to play higher stakes?:
    Hi all Just a question on the above. Playing £5 HU hyper, my usual mini session. Play a reg player at the cash games, normal first game and it bink it, click rematch..... In next game, villain starts trolling me, asking why I would want a rematch as clearly not as good as him.  This is fine, I am polite and say just play for fun no dramas Then he starts goading me, telling me he is a troll, if I think I am so good play him at 400nl HU cash. No way I would ever get involved in a measuring comp ;) he tried and tried, beat me at HU few times then admitted was trying to wind me up to get me on cash tables. I stopped playing and thought nothing of it until........ Talking with a close friend, said he was playing 10nl cash. Said he done well bla bla bla. Then mentioned a villains name... Same guy I played ay HU - same story! Trolled him, opened up a 400nl HU cash table and tried getting him to play. My mate said wanted so badly to have a shot at him but didn't have enough roll for min sit down. So my question is what can be done other than just ignore them, I only worry the easily wound up could spew a lot of £ to a guy like this, obviously knows what he is doing. 6 tables 10nl, few HU and goes bum hunting in an extreme way. As said i play for a giggle so would never be tempted, maybe does not mean others may not.....
    Posted by Nuggy962
    This.
  • edited May 2015

There is no depth to which some players will not stoop to win at poker.

Just ignore them. They have always tried these sort of tricks, here & elsewhere. It is particularly prevalent on I-Poker sites.

Fortunately, the very great majority of poker players are decent people, but as with other improper practices on poker sites, it is the very small minority who behave improperly who attract all the headlines.  

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Trolling - trying to get you to play higher stakes?:
    There is no depth to which some players will not stoop to win at poker. Just ignore them. They have always tried these sort of tricks, here & elsewhere. It is particularly prevalent on I-Poker sites. Fortunately, the very great majority of poker players are decent people, but as with other improper practices on poker sites, it is the very small minority who behave improperly who attract all the headlines.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Totally agree with both points right there. Case closed :)
  • edited May 2015
    I had a guy do this recently during a PLO ring game. Chat went something like this:

Villain: HAHAHAHAHAH FISH
    Villain: HEADS-UP?
    Villain: AHAHAHAHAHA YOU IDIOT
    Villain: PLAY ME HEADS-UP
    Villain: I LOVE THIS TABLE, FISHPOOL

It literally would not stop. I couldn't press the 'Ignore Player' button quick enough.
  • edited May 2015
    ^ I get this a lot, I usually reply sorry I am new to this game, can you teach me please ( usually after I have stacked them ;) )

Duno why I get more abuse after my polite enquiry :)
  • edited May 2015
    Let me at em. Lol 
  • edited May 2015
    i find a useful counter is to discuss the fact that i'm playing while in the bath
    it adds a whole new view to the conversation
  • edited May 2015
    My trolls tell me to play lower stakes! ^^
    fml
    ;)
  • edited May 2015
    I would politely decline saying you would feel guilty taking their money it wouldnt be fair on them :D.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Trolling - trying to get you to play higher stakes?:
    My trolls tell me to play lower stakes! ^^ fml ;)
    Posted by mrsduck
    that's because not all trolls are bum hunters
    even if they're in the bath
  • edited May 2015
    Haha, enjoying the comments guys :)

May try that in the bath one :) or maybe just start talking politics or space invaders or corrie haha 

• edited May 2015
    Have you seen 'Rounders' Nuggy?  I say take them on and take the lot!  If it doesn't work out go looking for professor Tikay for a loan ;)