You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it.

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat

A few weeks ago, based on what I had been told, I posted that Sunday's Final would be capped at 50 Entrants (= 5 packages).

There is a slight change to this now - the Final will be capped at 59 runners.

That would still only ("only"!) mean 5 Packages, of course, but it would result in a cash balance.

So, if the Final gets MORE than 50 runners, up to the capped max of 59, the surplus prize pool will be awarded to the BUBBLE position.

Any questions, fire away.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it.:
    A few weeks ago, based on what I had been told, I posted that Sunday's Final would be capped at 50 Entrants (= 5 packages). There is a slight change to this now - the Final will be capped at 59 runners. That would still only ("only"!) mean 5 Packages, of course, but it would result in a cash balance. So, if the Final gets MORE than 50 runners, up to the capped max of 59, the surplus prize pool will be awarded to the BUBBLE position. Any questions, fire away.  
    Posted by Tikay10

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWSERRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So the bubble boy (or girl - please let it be me lol) would get £9000 cash instead of package?   

Sounds lovely jubbly - will be praying to the run good Gods on Sat and Sunday night lol.
  • edited May 2015
    so much better teeks

• edited May 2015
    That's really good news. It's gonna make for a vvv interesting dynamic on the bubble because you could arguably get alot/all of the contents of the package for less than £9000 cash... bubble is gonna be everyone actively trying to bust lol.

Although saying that, the whole going to Vegas 'with Sky' is a massive positive for alot of people (would be for me)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it.:
    In Response to Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : WOWWWWWWWWWWWWSERRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS So the bubble boy (or girl - please let it be me lol) would get £9000 cash instead of package?    Sounds lovely jubbly - will be praying to the run good Gods on Sat and Sunday night lol.
    Posted by IrishRose
    Well that would assume 59 runners, Rose, which, at present, looks far from likely.

But if we took the mid-point, say 54 or 55 runners, it'd still be handy.

• edited May 2015
    No sliding scale for the surplus £?

1-5 = packages
    6th = £4000
    7th = £2,500
    8th = £1,500
    9th = £1,000

As an example, assuming the 59 ceiling is met.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it.:
    No sliding scale for the surplus £? 1-5 = packages 6th = £4000 7th = £2,500 8th = £1,500 9th = £1,000 As an example, assuming the 59 ceiling is met.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Nope, no sliding scale, just a great big wadge of virtual £50 notes to the Bubble.

Personally, I'd prefer that (sliding scale) for a number of reasons, but as I am not playing it, I guess that's irrelevant.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : Nope, no sliding scale, just a great big wadge of virtual £50 notes to the Bubble. Personally, I'd prefer that (sliding scale) for a number of reasons, but as I am not playing it, I guess that's irrelevant.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ditto for me :)

Gonna be great to watch though. I just feel incredibly sorry already for whoever pure bubbles this!
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : Ditto for me :) Gonna be great to watch though. I just feel incredibly sorry already for whoever pure bubbles this!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Would have liked "extra" cash to be:
     50% 6th
    30% 7th
    20% 8th

I will feel incredibly sorry if I'm 6th, 7th or 55th-looking forward to this one...
  • edited May 2015

There may end up with 50 runners exactly, then many will feel sorry for the player who finishes 51st.

Whatever happens, come Monday morning there will be a few with faces as long as a seaside donkey I suppose.

The beauty of poker..... 
  • edited May 2015
    There may end up with 50 runners exactly, then many will feel sorry for the player who finishes 51st. Whatever happens, come Monday morning there will be a few with faces as long as a seaside donkey I suppose. The beauty of poker..... 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I know I am not the worlds best player, but to finish 51st out of 50 would be v. Impressive ;)
  • edited May 2015
    There may end up with 50 runners exactly, then many will feel sorry for the player who finishes 51st. Whatever happens, come Monday morning there will be a few with faces as long as a seaside donkey I suppose. The beauty of poker..... 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Didn't realise Orford had moved to Blackpool.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : I know I am not the worlds best player, but to finish 51st out of 50 would be v. Impressive ;)
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Ugh, I just got owned there by a Motorway Service Station Top Cheese.

Think I will log off for half an hour, & take a welcome break.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : Would have liked "extra" cash to be:  50% 6th 30% 7th 20% 8th I will feel incredibly sorry if I'm 6th, 7th or 55th-looking forward to this one...
    Posted by Essexphil
    I agree with Phil or Harry - sliding scale would have been a lot nicer (think they did that in the last VLV games years ago?).  

Somehow don't think you'll have much to worry about though Phil - you're on my fantasy list of winners of the final (oh - that sounds sooooooooo wrong but I mean it in the innocent way!!)

Don't suppose there's any chance the "suits" will consider changing to slider scale as it seems the more preferred option and direct entry not open yet so no-one can be annoyed if it's changed before general entry opens up??
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : Nope, no sliding scale, just a great big wadge of virtual £50 notes to the Bubble. Personally, I'd prefer that (sliding scale) for a number of reasons, but as I am not playing it, I guess that's irrelevant.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was on a downer for days after bubbling the £660 bubble payout in the semi final a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm glad I didn't qualify for the final as I'm pretty sure I would be the one to bubble a possible £9,000 cash payout if I had.

Every cloud and all that......
  • edited May 2015
    Could you save one of those 59 places for a £10 or £20 All In Satellite

To allow us dreamers a chance to dream?

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : I agree with Phil or Harry - sliding scale would have been a lot nicer (think they did that in the last VLV games years ago?).   Somehow don't think you'll have much to worry about though Phil - you're on my fantasy list of winners of the final (oh - that sounds sooooooooo wrong but I mean it in the innocent way!!) Don't suppose there's any chance the "suits" will consider changing to slider scale as it seems the more preferred option and direct entry not open yet so no-one can be annoyed if it's changed before general entry opens up??
    Posted by IrishRose

Good point
    although as a seat bubbler in the past I'd have (results based) preferred the bullet cash bubble. whichever is decided it's still better than a pure cliff bubble. 
    gl everyone who plays 
    with this change i might even have bought in direct
    if i hadn't have stopped playing online :-(

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : I agree with Phil or Harry - sliding scale would have been a lot nicer (think they did that in the last VLV games years ago?).   Somehow don't think you'll have much to worry about though Phil - you're on my fantasy list of winners of the final (oh - that sounds sooooooooo wrong but I mean it in the innocent way!!) Don't suppose there's any chance the "suits" will consider changing to slider scale as it seems the more preferred option and direct entry not open yet so no-one can be annoyed if it's changed before general entry opens up??
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hi Rose,

I already asked that question Rose, as soon as I saw the situation, but I got a reply in the negative, so no.

As to "nobody can be annoyed", that would be a wonderful thing, but I fear that happy state of affairs ain't ever never happen on a poker site. ;)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : Didn't realise Orford had moved to Blackpool.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Nowt wrong with the blackpool donkeys or the St Annes ones, I know the owners .....lol Plus Samuel L Jackson was up in Blackpool filming, Staying just down the road from where I go in St Annes filming a hollywood movie! Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children.
  • edited May 2015
    I think the payout structure makes a lot of sense.  5 packages plus cash for 6th means you need to reach the final table to get paid.  That's much better than having a bubble scenario dragged out from 9th/10th down to a final table.
  • edited May 2015
    I think the payout structure makes a lot of sense.  5 packages plus cash for 6th means you need to reach the final table to get paid.  That's much better than having a bubble scenario dragged out from 9th/10th down to a final table.
    Posted by Fortunatus
    True to an extent, but there will be 2 bubbles, and the first will be with 7 players
  • edited May 2015
    With a cap on the final of 59 and people able to buy in direct is it possible that you could win a seat in the semi and there not be an available spot in the final?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : True to an extent, but there will be 2 bubbles, and the first will be with 7 players
    Posted by Essexphil
    But there would be 2 bubbles the other way too, the biggest bubbles whatever way you go so going to be brutal for the poor few that just miss out. Its going to be fun railing this one, good luck everyone in it :)
  • edited May 2015
    Posted by Fortunatus
    In priciple I have to say I do agree with you there Fortunatus, I suppose though with the sort of money we are talking about for this game; it would be nice to have the 50/30/20 split as mentioned making 3 people cash happy, rather than just 1. But hey, beggers can't be choosers - absolutely buzzing for this Sunday!!
  • edited May 2015
    On a personal note, and as I am not in this final I can give it unbiased I hope. I hate the 7 player bubble as this means hand for hand play with 3 players on one table and 4 on another. Therefore I would prefer the scaled payout after the seats so that the jump from seven to six was not so massive. Another solution though I doubt we have the software available is to have an seven or eight player final table so as to avoid this awkward 3 player table before the final table.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £10,000 VLV Package Final. Please read this if you intend to play it. : In priciple I have to say I do agree with you there Fortunatus, I suppose though with the sort of money we are talking about for this game; it would be nice to have the 50/30/20 split as mentioned making 3 people cash happy, rather than just 1. But hey, beggers can't be choosers - absolutely buzzing for this Sunday!!
    Posted by BrayCorp83
    Hi Bray,

There possible snag with that is that if the Final got, say, 53 runners, the money for 53rd may be less than £1,000, which would be a bit odd, as in theory, the Buy-In is £1,000 + reg fee.
  • edited May 2015
    With a cap on the final of 59 and people able to buy in direct is it possible that you could win a seat in the semi and there not be an available spot in the final?
    Posted by MattBates
    That would be extremely unlikely, imo, Matthew.

At a push, I suppose, they could cap the semi, but even that would not necessarily solve it.
  • edited May 2015
    On a personal note, and as I am not in this final I can give it unbiased I hope. I hate the 7 player bubble as this means hand for hand play with 3 players on one table and 4 on another. Therefore I would prefer the scaled payout after the seats so that the jump from seven to six was not so massive. Another solution though I doubt we have the software available is to have an seven or eight player final table so as to avoid this awkward 3 player table before the final table.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Hi Gary,

There are so many ways to look at it, & concensus is impossible, as the thread shows.

It's poker, it is, at times, brutal, & at other times, a thing of beauty.

When the Final starts, with 50 odd runners (I hope....), everyone will be on an equal footing. That's all that matters imo.

We can hypothesise all sorts of scenarios where players may or may not feel disadvantaged, but they all start with the same chances.