You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Free Entry Comp. 5 prizes worth £27.50 in total. Or 5 prizes worth £55 in total?

1235»

Comments

• edited May 2015
    30 mins left to get your entry in
  • edited May 2015

Closed for Entries.

Good luck all.

• edited May 2015

The winning distance, expressed as time, was 4.486 seconds, so our 5 winners are.....

paddie19854.388
    gerardgirl4.4
    VespaPX4.456
    tillpoll4.587
    Phantom664.698
    Vespa was 0.030 seconds out
    Ger was 0.080 seconds out
    paddie1985 was 0.098 seconds out
    tillpoll was 0.099 seconds out
    Phantom66 was 0.212 seconds out.

They all win Free Entry into this Tuesday's (26th May) Mini, worth £5.50.

POKERTREV will play as Sky Poker's Guest, too, for all his hard work summarising the entries.

These results are provisional only, pending any appeal, or mess up on  my part. If there are no legit objections by Noon tomorrow (Monday), that'll be "weighed in".   

• edited May 2015

Thought that worked pretty well, so we'll do something similar at the next realistic opportunity.

Any suggestions welcome.
  • edited May 2015
    Wooohooo now i have to think of an excuse to reschedule my meal for Tuesday night ! lol

Ger (I will be shot if i said its because of poker!)

• edited May 2015
    BOOM
    Complete guess
    Had to be something with a 4 in it !!
    Cheers Tikay
  • edited May 2015

WOW  Thanks muchly TK
  • edited May 2015
    Whoop whoop. 

Dont know much about F1 but went with bookies who had under 6 secs for the gap and the 4s have it. Team ploppers ftw.

About as lucky as Nico Rosberg though as it took a safety car and an idiotic pit stop to get the win as would have been hamilton by over 20 otherwise.

Thanks Tikay

How about time of 1st goal in FA cup final?
  • edited May 2015
    I've an idea for a competition....guess how many total runs will be scored in one of the upcoming test matches? Possibilities are wideranging because of the weather and because one team might score so low that there might only be three innings played in total rather than four etc. 
  • edited May 2015
    wimbledon is coming up next month....you could guess how long the wimbledon fortnight will appear to last....my initial guess would be "an eternity"
  • edited May 2015

Thanks for the suggestions for the next comp, including that corker from mac24. ;)

Slight problem with the FA Cup Final is the possibility of 0-0 after 90 minutes, but we could get round that. I like the idea of runs scored in the next Test, too, & that one gives us, probably, a 5 day sweat, which appeals. (It starts on Friday).

The main problem is that I go away on Friday, & my availability will be hard to predict for the first few days, & I'll be in a different time-zone, too.

I'll have a thing tonight, but we might just go with the next Test, or perhaps leave it until next week, & find something else.

I had another idea, too, which I think might work well, based upon the WSOP.

The WSOP "Colossus" starts on Friday, with 4 opening flights on Friday & Saturday. "Guess the number of runners" might work. Just need to get my head round when we would need to close the thread, & where I'm likely to be at the time.

Will give it some thought. 

Thanks for the interest in this one, it went pretty well.   
  • edited May 2015
    How about how many cappachino's you will drink while you are away?

Have a good trip.

You could also have how many corners/free kicks/ throw ins/ meters covered by certain players in the FA cup final
  • edited May 2015
    well done to everyone have a great game and thanks mr tikay for doing these comps,and a thank you to pokertrev :):):):)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Free Entry Comp. 5 prizes worth £27.50 in total. Or 5 prizes worth £55 in total?:
    How about how many cappachino's you will drink while you are away? Have a good trip. You could also have how many corners/free kicks/ throw ins/ meters covered by certain players in the FA cup final
    Posted by cenachav
    Easy - None
    Tikay is a Latte man :-)
  • edited May 2015
    Hi Tikay.
    Can I just point out it is "gerardirl" & NOT gerardgirl

Soz for the typo
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Free Entry Comp. 5 prizes worth £27.50 in total. Or 5 prizes worth £55 in total?:
    Hi Tikay. Can I just point out it is "gerardirl" & NOT gerardgirl Soz for the typo
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I did notice, Trev, but I never corrected it, as I got in trouble myself, about 7 years ago, on 861, for the same thing, so I thought you can take a bit of heat this time. ;)
  • edited May 2015
    How about distance covered by bradley wiggins in his 1 hour world record attempt?
  • edited May 2015
    Great comp, well done all winners and lovely gesture for Trev, well deserved
  • edited May 2015
    How many sets will be played in mens singles Wimbledon, or how many tie breaks.

Ger 
  • edited May 2015
    Oh and please withdraw Trevs prize for calling me gerardgirl :D

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Free Entry Comp. 5 prizes worth £27.50 in total. Or 5 prizes worth £55 in total? : I did notice, Trev, but I never corrected it, as I got in trouble myself, about 7 years ago, on 861, for the same thing, so I thought you can take a bit of heat this time. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    HaHa - apologies, I am happy to take the blame on this occasion. :)

My excuse is I wasn't wearing my reading specs :)
  • edited May 2015

There have been no objections or Stewards Inquiries, so the results are now official.

I have this morning sent a request up to Head Office as follows......

"Good morning, 

I have 6 Free Entries for TONIGHT’s 8.30pm £5.50 Mini Event  as follows; 

These are screen-names. 

paddie1958
    gerardirl
    VespaPX
    tillpoll
    Phantom66
    POKERTREV  

These are for the Monaco F1 GP based Community Competition last week, which attracted around 90 entries, including several first time posters. 

Total cost = 6 x £5.50 = £33.  

Thank you."
  • edited May 2015
    Hi Tikay dont mean to be awkward but I wont be able to play....any chance you can pass my prize on to the 6th placed person? or someone else!

Ger
  • edited May 2015
    Hi Tikay dont mean to be awkward but I wont be able to play....any chance you can pass my prize on to the 6th placed person? or someone else! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Sorry Ger, but I can't change it now, they get a bit cross with me if I keep chopping & changing these.

If you had said earlier, I could have re-arranged it, but it's too late now, sorry.