You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ADVICE PLEASE

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi just want some advice as i have never had such bad beats and general bad luck in the past 3 weeks of poker.I consider myself as an average poker player more for fun on computer and more serious live.The question is should i just take a break from poker all together or just battle through it and wait for my luck to change.When i get knocked out of a tourney i can honestly say i played well and made right calls but seem to keep getting busted by runner runner i have no comfidence at the moment shoving with A A as it will get busted by A 10  K 2  ect ect 

Comments

• ommomm
    edited May 2015
    In Response to ADVICE PLEASE:
    Hi just want some advice as i have never had such bad beats and general bad luck in the past 3 weeks of poker.I consider myself as an average poker player more for fun on computer and more serious live.The question is should i just take a break from poker all together or just battle through it and wait for my luck to change.When i get knocked out of a tourney i can honestly say i played well and made right calls but seem to keep getting busted by runner runner i have no comfidence at the moment shoving with A A as it will get busted by A 10  K 2  ect ect 
    Posted by millwise11
    Put some hands up in the clinic to make sure you are playing properly (we all continue to learn), if you feel like you need a couple of days or weeks off then do it, poker is not going anywhere and will always be there. Sometimes a change of scenery or breath of fresh air does us good. Also read the mental game of poker it will help u with techniques to deal with tilting. 
  • edited May 2015
    Hi thanks omm how do u post hands i hav plenty off them??????
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: ADVICE PLEASE:
    In Response to ADVICE PLEASE : Put some hands up in the clinic to make sure you are playing properly (we all continue to learn), if you feel like you need a couple of days or weeks off then do it, poker is not going anywhere and will always be there. Sometimes a change of scenery or breath of fresh air does us good. Also read the mental game of poker it will help u with techniques to deal with tilting
    Posted by omm
    Yeah great advice, i find i get more annoyed/tilted when i make bad decisions than when i get a bad beat as the latter is out of my control so the former is the only thing i can effect through better choices.

There are a wealth of good poker books and online tutorials available, infact i think there is a thread running atm on this.

Good luck
  • edited May 2015
    Nothing wrong with taking a week or two off, I did when I was on a particularly bad downswing and it did me the world of good.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: ADVICE PLEASE:
    Nothing wrong with taking a week or two off, I did when I was on a particularly bad downswing and it did me the world of good.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Thanks for advice how do i post handhistory
  • edited May 2015
    This all
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ALLIN93Small blind 20.0020.002470.00
    millwise11Big blind 40.0060.004980.00
     Your hole cards   
    playgameFold    
    doublenFold    
    BARADAKASFold    
    https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/hhdealer.gif') 100% 100% no-repeat transparent" class="dealer">Joey898Raise 80.00140.004410.00
    ALLIN93Fold    
    millwise11Raise 200.00340.004780.00
    Joey898Call 160.00500.004250.00
    Flop

millwise11Bet 120.00620.004660.00
    Joey898Raise 675.001295.003575.00
    millwise11Raise 1430.002725.003230.00
    Joey898All-in 3575.006300.000.00
    millwise11All-in 3230.009530.000.00
    millwise11Unmatched bet 530.009000.00530.00
    millwise11Show
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="heart">Q
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="club">Q

Joey898Show   
    Turn

• https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="heart">A

River

Joey898WinFull House, Aces and 2s9000.00 9000.
     but put me out of lastnights £2500 mini is this just unlucky or bad play on my part???
  • edited May 2015
    You might need too try a different browser too post the hands some browsers just dont seem too work well with it.

chrome and firefox work fine