You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AJ Milton: Backslap...

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat

My knowledge of Omaha is fairly limited, but it is a game I am playing more often than I used to. I’m still not all that good at it, and oftentimes I don’t really know what action I should be taking, but it’s fun, and I’m learning…

…and it is largely thanks to AJ Milton and his amusing, take-it-with-a-pinch-of-salt, self-congratulatory ramblings about his greatness at Omaha, over here:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a56b9fd9c-62ed-4ed0-8966-e861e040c8cf

-- that I recently jumped on the wagon and became one of the many attempting to dethrone him… which of course, is not possible due to the immeasurable talent that man possesses in the four card game.

The game needs more characters like AJ, so I just wanted to give him a shout-out here, to show that his efforts in pushing the game on Sky have not gone unnoticed.

Well played sir, and I look forward to doing battle with you again on a PLO table near you soon.

Comments

• edited May 2015

Nice one Slippy

Sir AJ is a true champ on and off the felt.

• edited May 2015
    I agree, many of us have tried to come up with ways to encourage more people to play the beautiful game (not football! plo8 ;)).

I'm sure all of us started out with holdem and turned to omaha or plo8 by accident and then realising how exciting and challenging a game it is.

Personally I stumbled accross PLO and didnt venture accross to plo8 for quite a while as originally splitting a pot annoyed me it didnt seem right for a hi and lo winner!

I read comments from Tikay saying how this was his favourite version of poker and now I understand these comments.

Its not going to be for everyone but Im sure many will love this variation of poker.

People like AJ are like gold dust because his attitude to poker is exactly the attitude that is needed as at the end of the day we arent pros and most of us will never be pros so we are playing for entertainment and not our livelihood!, yet so many people dont have fun when they are playing which is sad.

Well done AJ we are proud of you!

Ger

ps I always select AJ'sposts to have a read before i read any other posts!
  • edited May 2015
    I started playing PLO8 a few weeks ago, still not got a clue what i'm doing but I have fun. Trying to work out what hand would be better for a low hand is just play and hope. If I hit a low hand it's a bonus. I will get better at it though and it's more fun to play than NLH as it really taxes the old grey brain cells that I have got hidden somewhere rattling around my brain. Aj is a true gent and also loads of fun too. One day AJ will be coming for your crown ;)
  • edited May 2015
    absolutely agree with everyone, AJ is a legend (so he tells us anyway ;-))
  • edited May 2015
    Wow thanks guy's, seriously don't know what to say.
    Thank's for the slap on the back slippy lad.
    and all the kind words from everyone, really is appreciated.

Haven't been at the tables this week ( sorting my game out lol )
    Looking forward to Thursday night plo8 league.
    Where i will return,and crush, you have been warned!

Regards Alan (future ultimate plo8 champion)  
  • edited May 2015
    Certainly AJ needs a slap. Whether it should be on the back or across the face is a matter for conjecture. 

Probably both.

On the back for great banter & stimulating interest in PLO8 and across the face to bring him back to reality so he might realise that he will never be the SKY PLO8 Champion.

See if you can match my winning score of TWO from last week tonight!

Good Luck Sir!
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: AJ Milton: Backslap...:
    Certainly AJ needs a slap. Whether it should be on the back or across the face is a matter for conjecture.  Probably both. On the back for great banter & stimulating interest in PLO8 and across the face to bring him back to reality so he might realise that he will never be the SKY PLO8 Champion. See if you can match my winning score of TWO from last week tonight! Good Luck Sir!
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Hi Tiger,

You have had your 4 PLO8 Free Entries for tonight (for winnng last week) sorted now.

Good luck.
  • edited May 2015
    Wow thanks guy's, seriously don't know what to say. Thank's for the slap on the back slippy lad. and all the kind words from everyone, really is appreciated. Haven't been at the tables this week ( sorting my game out lol ) Looking forward to Thursday night plo8 league. Where i will return,and crush, you have been warned! Regards Alan (future ultimate plo8 champion)  
    Posted by ajmilton
    No need for thanks, Milton.

Just get yourself registered so I can knock you out!
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: AJ Milton: Backslap... : No need for thanks, Milton. Just get yourself registered so I can knock you out!
    Posted by Slipwater

se you there slipslappy lad