You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did I do something wrong? Should he make the turn call?

Yes, I'm bitter. Think there's no way he should've called but maybe I'm wrong
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jamal03 Small blind   50.00 50.00 2530.00
oldtowner Big blind   100.00 150.00 4057.50
  Your hole cards
  • A

LB438 Fold        
Seagull158 Raise   200.00 350.00 1197.50
jamal03 Fold        
oldtowner Call   100.00 450.00 3957.50
Flop

oldtowner Check        
Seagull158 Bet   200.00 650.00 997.50
oldtowner Call   200.00 850.00 3757.50
Turn

oldtowner Check        
Seagull158 All-in   997.50 1847.50 0.00
oldtowner Call   997.50 2845.00 2760.00
oldtowner Show
  • J

Seagull158 Show
  • A

River

oldtowner Win Straight to the 6 2845.00   5605.00

Comments

• edited January 2010

Yeh I dnno what he's thinking ...... Why make a small bet on the flop followed by the shove on the turn?, If I had a marginal hand in his situation, maybe 2nd pair, Id probably call you as ur betting patterns make no sense, u either have the nuts or nothing....

Min raise pre, small flop bet then all in, 2 + 2 = 75, something isnt right.....

I can only imagine this is what he's thinking, I hate his call pre, his call on the flop, and the call of your all in, All 3 bets should have gotten him off....I just h8 people who call like that in genral! - My weapons when Im playing are the bet and the raise button, playing guys like this, I have no weapons unless the dealer gives them to me!!! AGGHHH

DOHH

• edited January 2010
    Why do u hate people like this? This is free money. Sure, he got lucky, but other than that who cares? You went in a favourite and got sucked out.

By the way - Shove preflop with 11BB. I don't like the way you played this at all.
  • edited January 2010
    A min raise so he calls to defend his blind, then the same size bet on the flop showing weakness, with his
    stack worth another call.Not sure why he called on the turn, 2-1 on his money perhaps.
    Just over 10 big blinds, it's time to shove with that hand, you'd have picked up the blinds and had a free
    orbit to find another hand before the blinds came round. Better to win a small pot than lose a big one.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Did I do something wrong? Should he make the turn call?:
    Yeh I dnno what he's thinking ...... Why make a small bet on the flop followed by the shove on the turn?, If I had a marginal hand in his situation, maybe 2nd pair, Id probably call you as ur betting patterns make no sense, u either have the nuts or nothing.... Min raise pre, small flop bet then all in, 2 + 2 = 75, something isnt right..... I can only imagine this is what he's thinking, I hate his call pre, his call on the flop, and the call of your all in, All 3 bets should have gotten him off....I just h8 people who call like that in genral! - My weapons when Im playing are the bet and the raise button, playing guys like this, I have no weapons unless the dealer gives them to me!!! AGGHHH DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah I agree I should've shoved on the flop, maybe PF. When I saw the flop I thought 200 would be ebough to get him off if he had nothing. My thinking on the flop was that if I got raised I could fold and still have enough for one more AI.
  • edited January 2010

You can't play poker with 12 big blinds. Just get it in the middle and pray. ;)

• edited January 2010
    This is a shove pre. Your min raise does nothing. It was a bad call by him on the turn but you kind of payed into his hands by not being more aggressive pre flop.
    I would say that when your first to act with 11 bb in the future, get them in pre-flop as a min raise does nothing and a 3-4 times raise means you're committed anyway.

Salazar
  • edited January 2010
    Also don't be disheartened if u dont get called preflop by shoving. I'd rather have picked up the blinds/dead money (which is what late-game tournament play is all about) than go bust to some idiot donk calling me in this spot.