You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO / PLO8 rebuy MTTs

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
I just wondered if these may sneak on to the schedule at some point?

Maybe it's just me, but having a couple of rebuys as an option in the steadily growing omaha games in the lobby may help to grow the game more... particularly as any guarantees seem to be challenging to meet at the moment.

Would arguably help add a bit more action to proceedings and as most of the games are only a couple of quid, its unlikely to break too many banks. Especially if we'll all have lots of £2.20 tournament tokens to use from next month!

Comments

• edited May 2015
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to PLO / PLO8 rebuy MTTs:
    I just wondered if these may sneak on to the schedule at some point? Maybe it's just me, but having a couple of rebuys as an option in the steadily growing omaha games in the lobby may help to grow the game more... particularly as any guarantees seem to be challenging to meet at the moment. Would arguably help add a bit more action to proceedings and as most of the games are only a couple of quid, its unlikely to break too many banks. Especially if we'll all have lots of £2.20 tournament tokens to use from next month!
    Posted by shakinaces
    Green Shield stamps any good?
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO / PLO8 rebuy MTTs:
    In Response to PLO / PLO8 rebuy MTTs : Green Shield stamps any good?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Wow, that's like a trip back in time. My dad used to collect them.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO / PLO8 rebuy MTTs : Wow, that's like a trip back in time. My dad used to collect them.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    We got them with petrol mainly.

There were also "Pink" Stamps.

Soon, a "price war" broke out, & garages or supermarkets advertised double, treble & then quadruple Green Shield Stamps.

Before long, they were offering 32 fold, 64 fold, & 128 fold Green Shield Stamps. 

We had to stick them in little books. 3 gallons of petrol, which cost 15/- (fifteen shillings = 75p), would yield a huge roll of stamps, all of which needed licking & sticking.

Eventually, of course, the wheels came off, & they went out of fashion.

The system was operated by a company called Sperry & Hutchinson (S & H). 

Unrelated to S & H, one of Warren Buffett's earliest ventures was in Trading Stamps, his brand was "Blue Chip Stamps" & they became part of Berkshire Hathaway. In 1970, Blue Chip Stamps had revenues of $126,000,00. By 2006, that figure had dropped to $25,000.   

• edited May 2015

Oops, went a bit of topic there.

Rebuys in PLO & PLO8 - I like that idea, just so long as freezeouts are still available, for those who cannot afford rebuys.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO / PLO8 rebuy MTTs : We got them with petrol mainly. There were also "Pink" Stamps. Soon, a "price war" broke out, & garages or supermarkets advertised double, treble & then quadruple Green Shield Stamps.   Before long, they were offering 32 fold, 64 fold, & 128 fold Green Shield Stamps.  We had to stick them in little books. 3 gallons of petrol, which cost 15/- (fifteen shillings = 75p), would yield a huge roll of stamps, all of which needed licking & sticking. Eventually, of course, the wheels came off, & they went out of fashion.   The system was operated by a company called Sperry & Hutchinson (S & H).  Unrelated to S & H, one of Warren Buffett's earliest ventures was in Trading Stamps, his brand was "Blue Chip Stamps" & they became part of Berkshire Hathaway. In 1970, Blue Chip Stamps had revenues of $126,000,00. By 2006, that figure had dropped to $25,000.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was struggling to wake up this morning after a late night. Thought I'd go on the forum to catch up with the latest news but now seem to be nodding off again!

Tikay, you would be a fine asset to any pub quiz team, Especially as  you don't seem to play the pokers any more!
  • edited May 2015
    It's an idea, but I wonder if the volume of traffic for these would make it worthwhile. We could always try it and see if they prove popular, does it cost anything to suck it and see?
    I, despite only being a young man despite what TiKay says, also remember the green shield stamps and it got silly at the end when filling up with petrol could get you enough stamps to fill the book.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO / PLO8 rebuy MTTs : I was struggling to wake up this morning after a late night. Thought I'd go on the forum to catch up with the latest news but now seem to be nodding off again! Tikay, you would be a fine asset to any pub quiz team, Especially as  you don't seem to play the pokers any more!
    Posted by Enut
    Tuney!

Not given up poker, am off to Vegas on Friday, & playing a bunch of stuff.

I'll probably resume playing Online when I get back home. Can't wait, to be honest, I've missed playing.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO / PLO8 rebuy MTTs : Tuney! Not given up poker, am off to Vegas on Friday, & playing a bunch of stuff. I'll probably resume playing Online when I get back home. Can't wait, to be honest, I've missed playing.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good luck in Vegas Tikay....i hope you are planning to write the odd blog or two, they are always great to read. Have been to Vegas five time and love it but not been for seven years now and it's nice to read your tales and take myself back to my last visit.
  • edited May 2015
    Try two rebuys per night on PLO & two on PLO8 at £1 & £2 initially with a view to increasing it in time.

Although there will be some overlap of players with standard freeze outs, there will be a whole new group of players that will play a rebuy that don't play freeze outs.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO / PLO8 rebuy MTTs : Good luck in Vegas Tikay....i hope you are planning to write the odd blog or two, they are always great to read. Have been to Vegas five time and love it but not been for seven years now and it's nice to read your tales and take myself back to my last visit.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Hi Brrrrrrr,

Thank you.

Yes, that's the plan, to send back plenty of blogs, & I write them, or try to, specifically aimed at those who cannot be in Vegas, for some vicarious Vegas fun. Not a lot of poker in them, it's more a sort of curve ball look at Vegas, there are more than enough Vegas poker blogs out there.

They will be in a different place this year, which means I can't upload them myself, so they may not be as up to date as we might like, but they are not really time-sensitive, so that won't matter too much. They will be uploaded to "LATEST NEWS" section,
    HERE

There are quite a few various pieces there already (see the Sidebar), including some great stuff by Neil Channing.