You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Software Updates?

edited May 2015 in Feedback & Suggestions
Are we ever going to get any incremental updates of the software? It's been nearly two years since the new release went live, and nothing seems to have been improved in the meantime.

Comments

• edited May 2015

Hi Barny,

They are tweaking it all the time, & they are soon to announce a major innovation, but I assume you are referring to more basic matters?

I'll send it upstairs for possible further comment.
  • edited May 2015
    Hi Tikay , Did sky update the before yesterday. I play on the old tables and yesterday I couldn't get the old table, im not keen on the new tables. Can let me know if sky updated,much apprerciated. Thank- you , Take care.
                                         truly56
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Software Updates?:
    Hi Barny, They are tweaking it all the time, & they are soon to announce a major innovation, but I assume you are referring to more basic matters? I'll send it upstairs for possible further comment.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay. There doesn't seem to have been any visual improvements since the last major upgrade, so I'm assumng all the tweaks are technical stuff behind the scenes we don't get to see.

The first improvement I'd like to see is the colours. I still can't do more than one table as I need the table virtually full screen to be able to distinguish all the different shades of blue. The blind level and time to next blind increase is essential information while playing a DYM, and it's almost like it has been deliberately been made difficult by being in blue on a slightly lighter shade of blue.

I'd also like more space in the notes box, but that doesn't direcly affect gameplay.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Software Updates?:
    In Response to Re: Software Updates? : I'd also like more space in the notes box, but that doesn't direcly affect gameplay.
    Posted by FCHD
    This has already been changed at least on the windows version. Try double clicking on the bottom edge of the game window (where the mouse pointer becomes an arrow with two heads).  
  • edited May 2015
    Hi all,

As Tikay mentions, updates are made more regularly than before, though they're not always something that you can see on the tables. Since the release of the new tables, we're able to provide regular tweaks and improvements to the table without you having to download a new version of the Download Client - both Download Client and Web users get the improvements straight away.

FCHD: Do you use the Classic View that Sam wrote about last year, or is it missing some of the features you use?

Hope this proves useful, and please do suggest any further improvements you'd like the team to make.

Chris
    Sky Poker Technical Team
  • edited May 2015
    While the classic view does have a lot to recommend it, it doesn't have a chat box so I don't really want to play using that view.

All it takes is for the blind info to be using the same display characteristics (bold white text) as the Roulette/Blackjack/PVZ (whatever that is) links on the right hand side, in both main view and mini view.