You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SkyPokerTV live on SkySports4 10pm-midnight with Fowler, Tikay and the Bromleys

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
Hey guys,

Hope life and the game is all good with you. We'll be live tonight from 10pm, with myslef, Tikay, and the Bromleys; Adam and Natalie. They will both be taking on the 100 Challenge, and I put my money on Natalie!!

I hope you manage to catch the show tonight, and if you have any questions for them let us know. I will keep an eye out on here for you,

A xxx

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Hi Miss Fowler. I know it's early but can you please ask Tikay what on earth he's wearing? I've seen wounds better dressed than him...
  • edited May 2015
    have a great show i do like this 100 challenge makes good tv :)
  • edited May 2015
    100 Challenge Leaderboard:

NAME PROFIT/LOSS KO TIME
    1 Neil Channing 184.64  
    2 Jamie Sykes 184.16  
    3 Kevin Williams 165.55  
    4 Jamie Burland 150.21  
    5 Tim Slater 42.51  
    6 Tony Kendall 15.13  
    7 Ryan Spittles 4.87  
    8 Joe Stapleton -18.35  
    9 Daiva Barauskaite -44.09  
    10 Stuart Rutter -100.00 23.45
    11 Simon Hemsworth -100.00 23.39
    12 Alex Goulder -100.00 23.33
    13 Ian Simpson -100.00 23.16
    14 Tommy Dyer -100.00 23.15
    15 Leigh Wiltshire -100.00 23.07
  • edited May 2015
    I'll be tuning in.

I enjoy the 'guess the pocket cards' bits.

Although, I may be at North Staffs trauma unit. FIL has confirmed gravitational theory, using a set of stairs and his body.
  • edited May 2015
    Have a good show, and Tikay, have a great trip to the US. I'm sure you will love San Diego, I think it's my favourite US city before, as the kids say, crushing in Las Vegas
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SkyPokerTV live on SkySports4 10pm-midnight with Fowler, Tikay and the Bromleys:
    100 Challenge Leaderboard:   NAME PROFIT/LOSS KO TIME 1 Neil Channing 184.64   2 Jamie Sykes 184.16   3 Kevin Williams 165.55   4 Jamie Burland 150.21   5 Tim Slater 42.51   6 Tony Kendall 15.13   7 Ryan Spittles 4.87   8 Joe Stapleton -18.35   9 Daiva Barauskaite -44.09   10 Stuart Rutter -100.00 23.45 11 Simon Hemsworth -100.00 23.39 12 Alex Goulder -100.00 23.33 13 Ian Simpson -100.00 23.16 14 Tommy Dyer -100.00 23.15 15 Leigh Wiltshire -100.00 23.07
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    Great Post !..... I do genuinely mean that!
    .. But as somebody who hasn't got Sky sports, but has an interest in the presenters and players on the forum that i may have played with or against over different tourneys over the years. This post is exactly the way a person without sky sports can be updated from people playing or watching the show,and they can interact with the forum,with a table like this. For example with the -£100 players you could explain why they may have being shoving any flop light with any 2 cards because they needed to race up the table to win with 20 minutes of the challenge left; so it was sh** or b**t to win the challenge. Give us some more information! For all i know Sensei(i,ve heard that somewhere!)Channing could have being going all in late on with 22 to steal the pot and got 4 callers thinking he's full of it and he hit quad 2's to go from - whatever to + £184.64 winner!(**Never seen the show so this is just an extreme(ish) example of how these things can happen.) Good Luck All, Dave.
  • edited May 2015
    Good evening

Whenever I play in a live tournament and I've travelled with a friend, there's always an awkward moment when one of us gets knocked out of the tournament first: do you play cash? Go to the bar? Stand around and rail your friend?

So, my questions for the married couple: who is usually out first and what do they normally do while waiting for their beloved?

Oh, and is it true that on his Vegas trip tikay will be playing exclusively in tournaments where he is the youngest participant?

Tal
  • edited May 2015
    Pretty sure this wont count for the comp as I dont tweet, but is it Burnley (see you next season - from a PNE fan)

PS Has Adam got any tips for renogotiating leases on commercial property? Despite the recent "deflation" figure and reduced energy prices, my landlord has just put up prices.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SkyPokerTV live on SkySports4 10pm-midnight with Fowler, Tikay and the Bromleys:
    Good evening Whenever I play in a live tournament and I've travelled with a friend, there's always an awkward moment when one of us gets knocked out of the tournament first: do you play cash? Go to the bar? Stand around and rail your friend? So, my questions for the married couple: who is usually out first and what do they normally do while waiting for their beloved? Oh, and is it true that on his Vegas trip tikay will be playing exclusively in tournaments where he is the youngest participant? Tal
    Posted by Tal_1960
    Marv.

Welcome to the Sky Poker Community, Tal Bloke.

Tell us about yourself - Arsenal supporter, I assume?

Play a bit of chess, presumably, too.
  • edited May 2015
    Tuned in for the first time in ages last night. Have to say, I really enjoyed the show and thought that the Bromleys did a great job.

Just wondering how long this 100 Challenge will be carrying on for? It would be nice to go back to old days occasionally and have a night of tournament coverage. Any plans to do this?
  • edited May 2015
    2 great guest people and 2 great presenter people on the show and it gets a total of 11 posts. How much evidence do you want Sky before you will see that you have stopped doing what made you good? So sad.
  • edited May 2015
    2 great guest people and 2 great presenter people on the show and it gets a total of 11 posts. How much evidence do you want Sky before you will see that you have stopped doing what made you good? So sad.
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    To be fair on this - Sky are only actively encouraging input/entries via Twitter.

Apparently the emails are still monitored and sometimes a presenter will put a thread up like this one.

Not saying I like it or agree with it - but there is a legal issue apparently as Sky the TV channel need an open means for people to access the show and you need a skypoker account to post on here.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: SkyPokerTV live on SkySports4 10pm-midnight with Fowler, Tikay and the Bromleys : To be fair on this - Sky are only actively encouraging input/entries via Twitter. Apparently the emails are still monitored and sometimes a presenter will put a thread up like this one. Not saying I like it or agree with it - but there is a legal issue apparently as Sky the TV channel need an open means for people to access the show and you need a skypoker account to post on here.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Get that Phantom, but there would still have been many more posts than 11 when things were run differently - especially 24 hours later!
  • edited May 2015
    Admittedly the lack of the live stream and move to a subscription channel are probably bigger factors on the posts here.

• edited May 2015

I'm not sure I agree with the number of posts being a measure of success. My memory of the threads that had a lot of posts were that many consisted of two letters (in).

I guess some might say that sometimes the 861 shows got less than 1000 viewers on a free to view for all with a box channel and these current programmes are getting 25,000 viewers at the worst and 50,000 at the best and this is in the summer.

Again, I stress that I understand that people loved 861 very much, but this constant harking back will not really have much of a positive effect. Sky Betting and Gaming is owned 80% by a company called CVC and 861 was owned 100% by a company named BskyB and they held the licence for the channel. It's not just as simple as refusing to believe it's gone and people stamping their feet.
  • edited May 2015
     I'm not sure I agree with the number of posts being a measure of success. My memory of the threads that had a lot of posts were that many consisted of two letters (in).  I guess some might say that sometimes the 861 shows got less than 1000 viewers on a free to view for all with a box channel and these current programmes are getting 25,000 viewers at the worst and 50,000 at the best and this is in the summer.  Again, I stress that I understand that people loved 861 very much, but this constant harking back will not really have much of a positive effect. Sky Betting and Gaming is owned 80% by a company called CVC and 861 was owned 100% by a company named BskyB and they held the licence for the channel. It's not just as simple as refusing to believe it's gone and people stamping their feet.
    Posted by NChanning
    Lost me in the text!

Channel 861 was never free to view for all!

You could only view with a sky subscription!

Your 25,000 to 50,000 how was your figure obtained? It does not correspond to the stats I have access to.

Everyone loves the shows and wants the site to be successful,
    but success can only be measured by bums on seats!

I haven't seen an increase at the tables since the alleged 24 to 49 thousand increase in viewers. Am I looking in the wrong place?

All I know is

- They live stream horse races if you wager why can't they do that for Sky Poker? If you play the main event why can't you be given access to Sky Go for the show?

- Havre De Paix wins at Salisbury on 14th June.

- Anyone fortunate to have seen 861 were privileged to witness the nicest and most talented presenting team on TV.

- And you are destined to bring something back from Vegas this year! ( Hopefully a bracelet not just a cold)
  • edited May 2015
    Hi Neil I do have Sky Sports so I can watch the show - dont have twitter although I appear to be in a very clear minority in using the forum thread, so I might set up a twitter account just for competitions etc. 

The 100 challenge is fun - but for a rec on here there is less opportunity for engagement and I dont just mean being a TV Tart on the tables. The best example of this for me was once when I contributed a post in the old style on the forum and when it was read out Tikay gave me a shout and said he knew how my wife had been having a rough time in hospital but he was glad to hear she was home and recovering. None of that was in my post to the show of course - It was just something Tikay knew from reading my diary. That is customer engagement of the highest order. We have never met - and at that point we hadnt even played on the virtual felt - since then we have done many a time on the PLO8 tables.

I got the reasons for 861 finishing and have never had a go on here about it. But it is still a loss to those of us who followed it for a long time. It took me about 3 months to get over the loss of PNL back in the day and I suppose it's taking me about the same to get over losing 861. That means I have been a loyal skypoker player since about 3 months after it started. The interactive show and community forum were the reasons I hooked up with PNL and Sky became the only place that offered it so I soon "forgave" them for ousting PNL and signed up.

• edited May 2015

I simply asked the guys who work as producers of the TV show. I asked them several times when I appeared on the show several years ago and I asked them several years ago the effect of the numbers when the one hour of the five hour show was also on Sky Sports. Things like that are interesting to me and I've asked several times each year since I've ever appeared on the channel. I asked them just a couple of weeks ago what the viewing figures were like and how they compared to 861. Did they make a mistake?, did they mislead me? I sort of assumed they would know about that stuff.

What do you mean by "stats I have access to"? All I can find from Google is that 359,000 people have access to Sky Sports 4. Does it sound incredible that 10% watch the shows?

I'm sorry, I thought the 861 Channel was part of the channels you could get by freeview...in many posts here I have read people saying they can't watch anymore as you have to pay now...I did not realise you had to pay before, apologies.

I think the Channel stopped broadcasting in February and it's now June. My experiences of running a poker site tell me you should expect a hefty decrease in numbers between these months. This happened every year for the six years I ran a site. Every year those numbers went up again in September.

I'm sorry but reading the posts here this week I don't agree that everyone loves the site and wants it to be successful. Some seem to relish coming here to moan and they are poisoning the atmosphere for everyone.

I totally understand that some people preferred the old channel...there is no way it can return though. Sky Betting and Gaming does not own the channel or the licence to broadcast. Given the opportunity to make a programme for two hours a week on a channel watched by mostly young male sports fans the good people of Sky Poker TV have chosen to make a programme that fits well into two hours and which they hope will appeal to young male sports fans. To me the viewing figures are how their success in that endeavour will be judged.

Whatever some people might wish for it is simply not possible to make a three times a week five hour show and fit that into a two hour slot once a week.
  • edited May 2015
    You could watch 861 via this site, so it basically was free to view.

Nice post Neil.