You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this may sound stupid

edited May 2015 in Poker Chat
for does of us who have euro accounts how does the exchange rates affect how we should be managing our accounts i.e. should we be planning withdrawals or deposits at certain times depending on the exchange rate or does it not matter,as i said this may sound stupid but i cant entirely get my head around it. 

Comments

• edited May 2015
    It doesnt mstter when you deposit or withdraw. All it means is the stakes ur playing at in euros will change.

Unrealistic numbers but lets say £3.30 was 4 euro one day and rates changed then its simply maybe 4 euro 2 cent.
    In effect in this example your stakes are higher but you either win more or lose more as a result of stakes being higher and not because of exchange rates.

Ger
  • edited May 2015
    Blimey the exchange rates must have changed dramatically!!!

A £3.30 game was 3.99 euro and now its costing 4.59 euro!!! wtf

Ger
  • edited May 2015
    Yea Euro at a good price, well for us maybe not u Ger

1 euro is 72p
  • edited May 2015
    as well as winning/losing at poker every day you have money on the site you are winning/losing at the FX tables as well. if you or your advisors think the gbp is going down against the euro you should keep the minimum on the site and deposit only when necessary. also note that fx speculation is taxable so any fx gains should be declared to the tax man. 
  • edited May 2015
    Since the exchange rates changed I cannot stop losing!!! ahhh the pressure!!! lol
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: this may sound stupid:
    as well as winning/losing at poker every day you have money on the site you are winning/losing at the FX tables as well. if you or your advisors think the gbp is going down against the euro you should keep the minimum on the site and deposit only when necessary. also note that fx speculation is taxable so any fx gains should be declared to the tax man. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Forex Deffo rigged
    Sort it out Sky! :-)
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: this may sound stupid:
    In Response to Re: this may sound stupid : Forex Deffo rigged Sort it out Sky! :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Certainly used to be, as current court case is showing!
  • edited May 2015
    So can we claim tax back on our losses? I will keep losing so!!! woohoo

Ger