You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

News from FlyingDagg

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Cant really add to all thats been said man.Youre never alone with this forum.
  • edited June 2015
    Thoughts are with you Dale.  I fancy myself as a pretty handy punter and I'm backing you to beat this!
  • edited June 2015

How are you coping now, Dale?

Honestly, I've no idea how I would cope in your spot.

Not sure how I'd cope with people moaning & groaning about poker matters, that's for sure. 

Bear up mate, you can beat this.  

• edited June 2015
    I thought it was about time I updated you all on my progress.

I came out of hospital on Friday and on Friday night i had my first serious bout of pain from the tumour. By the time the Locum doctor arrived the pain had eased. Luckily I've been pain free since then.
    Sunday sees the start of 2 days of nausea and vomiting so another Doctor was called out. He gave me a prescription for an anti vomiting drug and it seems to have done the trick. Duncan Howarth (benalman) was visiting me at the time and the Doc asked if he was my son. God I must have aged badly! Feel pretty good today so I hope it continues although my energy levels are non existent.

Credit to my daughter and her partner nothing has been too much trouble for them and I know I would never manage without them.

Just to add well done to Tomgoodun in taking down DTD. A fitting result under the circumstances.
  • edited June 2015
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling to well at present Dale, hope things improve gradually and you get all the medication you need.Have you got any dates for your chemo yet? Don't worry if you would rather not post on here, I think folk would like to keep in touch with your progress, I know it has helped me to put things on my story thread, folk are different though and I would respect your decision either way.
    Thanks for the mention re Dtd, I am running quite well on the felt lately,don't mention my name to FlashJonny though, I just luck boxed and knocked him out the £3 b/h this aft( I fin 2nd) 

I wish you all the best Dale, keep in touch. Take care, and it is so nice to hear your family is there for you.
  • edited June 2015

Hi Daggy,

Hope you are bearing up.

Like everyone else, I don't really know what to say, but I do think it important that you know we are thinking of you, & you are in our minds.
  • edited June 2015
    Prayers are with you Dagg, stay strong!
  • edited June 2015
    Dale, hope you are doing ok and you've got some strength, thinking of you always, and sending all the positive thoughts your way.
  • edited June 2015

Does anyone have any news on how Dale is? I don't have Facebook, so I don't get to see what is posted there.

Thanks.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: News from FlyingDagg:
    Does anyone have any news on how Dale is? I don't have Facebook, so I don't get to see what is posted there. Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10
    He popped on a PLO8 table last night to rail a friend.
    Been sick a lot due to medication, but now on different sickness pills and was chatting well.
  • edited June 2015
    hi all im wrighting this for dale(flyingdagg) im sorry to say hes had a bad turn and ended back in hospital they are keeping him in over night for observation as he keeps being sick and has some pain the doctor has given him some anti sickness meds and some antibiotics to help ease the symtoms i will know more tomorrow and keep you all up to date with thing as soon as i know

• edited June 2015
    hi all im wrighting this for dale(flyingdagg) im sorry to say hes had a bad turn and ended back in hospital they are keeping him in over night for observation as he keeps being sick and has some pain the doctor has given him some anti sickness meds and some antibiotics to help ease the symtoms i will know more tomorrow and keep you all up to date with thing as soon as i know                                                              
    Posted by bigbob7213
    Give him my best wishes please.

Ryan
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by bigbob7213

Thank you. Pass on my best wishes, please.
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by bigbob7213
    Thank you, please pass my best wishes also, and let him know all his friends here are thinking of him.
  • edited June 2015
    Yep,

he is always in our thoughts
  • edited June 2015
    Tell him we miss him please, and never far from our thoughts, Hope they get you sorted out soon Dale. xxx
  • edited June 2015
    We all miss you Dale you are in our thoughts and all our skypoker hearts love paige xxx
  • edited June 2015
    Thoughts are with you Dale.
  • edited June 2015
    just seen this news, my thoughts and prayers are with you dale stay strong and keep fighting bud
  • edited June 2015
    hi all just a quick update on dale, hes responded very well and im glad to say he will be discharged from hospital tomorrow he should be back home for about 4 oclock
  • edited June 2015
    Best wishes Dale, keep fighting those cotton picking pesky varmits.
    TPT awaits the return of their VC.

• edited June 2015
    hi all just a quick update on dale, hes responded very well and im glad to say he will be discharged from hospital tomorrow he should be back home for about 4 oclock
    Posted by bigbob7213
    That is the best news I've heard all week - thanks for the update, Bob, & well done Dale.
  • edited June 2015
    Well that was an eventful week. I went back to hospital a an outpatient to have a bile duct drain removed on the 10th and all hell broke lose. What the hospital didn't tell me was that having medical kit removed can have the same effect as having something put in; ie your antibodies attack it thinking it is a new infection so everything else is undefended.

Within half an hour of having the drain  removed  I'm home but shivering, having sweats , pains and vomiting. Doctor arrived and promptly called an ambulance. This was the worse I'd felt since being diagnosed and I honestly thought I was in serious trouble. Luckily steroids and slow release mor phine soon sorted me out but I just wish they had told me this could happen.Seeing my daughter looking so worried was not easy to handle.

Thankfully all is well now and I feel as good as possible.
  • edited June 2015
    Best wishes Dale, keep fighting those cotton picking pesky varmits. TPT awaits the return of their VC.
    Posted by Red_King
    Got to knick this :)
  • edited June 2015
    onward and upward deputy dagg

• edited June 2015
    Well that was an eventful week. I went back to hospital a an outpatient to have a bile duct drain removed on the 10th and all hell broke lose. What the hospital didn't tell me was that having medical kit removed can have the same effect as having something put in; ie your antibodies attack it thinking it is a new infection so everything else is undefended. Within half an hour of having the drain  removed  I'm home but shivering, having sweats , pains and vomiting. Doctor arrived and promptly called an ambulance. This was the worse I'd felt since being diagnosed and I honestly thought I was in serious trouble. Luckily steroids and slow release mor phine soon sorted me out but I just wish they had told me this could happen.Seeing my daughter looking so worried was not easy to handle. Thankfully all is well now and I feel as good as possible.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Doesn't sound good! But glad things have picked up.

Keep fighting.
  • edited June 2015
    Glad that you're back home Dale and feeling a bit better.

Stay strong mate.
  • edited June 2015

Morning all.

Is there an update on how Dale is progressing, please?
  • edited July 2015
    how you doin dagg hope all is well m8
  • edited July 2015
    Hi Dale,

I hope you are keeping well mate, keep fighting.