You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this site is a joke

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
It is just bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat. Dont say it will even its self out because it dont. 1 good day 5 bad one's, bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat after bad beat. Nothing but a con and a fix.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Yeah - No-one ever wins anything.
  • edited July 2009
    Calm down dear!
  • edited July 2009
    If you REALLY believe that then why continue to play here? I just got busted out of a BH by a joker calling my 4xBB raise with Q9 and then hitting a straight on the flop against my AJ when the board was jack high. It hurts and its annoying but its poker.

There are so many stories of similar bad beats in both live poker and other sites. Its not just this site, its not just the next site, its not just online poker, its not just live poker. Its just poker. Thats the way of the game - accept it and play but, if you cant accept it, then you are better off playing a non luck related game.
  • edited July 2009
    Area 51 alert thats poker.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke:
    If you REALLY believe that then why continue to play here? I just got busted out of a BH by a joker calling my 4xBB raise with Q9 and then hitting a straight on the flop against my AJ when the board was jack high. It hurts and its annoying but its poker. There are so many stories of similar bad beats in both live poker and other sites. Its not just this site, its not just the next site, its not just online poker, its not just live poker. Its just poker. Thats the way of the game - accept it and play but, if you cant accept it, then you are better off playing a non luck related game.
    Posted by dowzer
    thats the thing its not poker? like live poker is not that predictable,sky pokers software is the same as vegas rigged software, look the many times 44 hits set and ak beats pair not 50 / 50, like this site i play on now its much easyer 2 hit flush draws? skypoker u rarley hit flush draws only the runner runner,kk is cursed on sky
  • edited July 2009
    you sound like bullyfish used too......oops   thats me aint it  LOL    area 51 for you sir     goodbye
  • edited July 2009

Attention Sky Mod, transfer to Area 51!

• edited July 2009
    In Response to this site is a joke:

Yawn, such an original thread, can we have a new section on the forum for I had AA but lost to 7 2.
  • edited July 2009
    @olcksnot poker so again, do 1.
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    I'll be very honest with you Bossbox, I'm sick to the back teeth of people who come on whinging all the time.
    It's very simple in my eyes. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO TO ANOTHER SITE, OR SHUT UP AND ACCEPT IT.
    We all suffer these type of runs but most of us dont make a fuss about it as there is nothing you can do about it.
  • edited July 2009
    Wow, thought i had a hard luck story to tell,  AA 19 times and only winning twice??

Bit out of love with poker after my recent bad beat.  Dealt KK and then the button goes all in with 1000 chips (blinds are 50/25).  Called it as I had doubled up.  Someone else goes all in with 900 chips.  The button had A 8 and the villan had 7 9 hearts????  Yup a flush on the river for 9 7.  Grrrr. 

Annoyed, yes!  However can't say the site is fixed or a con. 

• edited July 2009
    hey trust me    no 1 has had more bad beats and bad luck than me on here     i used to moan all the time (not anymore)    dust urself down   learn from it    maybe visit area 51    and get back to it as a better player    u learn alot from mistakes        it just seems like its a fix      i went on a run of bad luck for about 5 weeks solid    followed that up with a 3 week winning streak where could do no wrong    it REALLY does happen like that
  • edited July 2009
    Bullyfish great post!  Good to hear other people's views and I look forward to my three week winning streak ;)
  • edited July 2009
    I'm happy enough, I cracked aces 17 times out of 19 with junk in the past week. Boooooooom!
  • edited July 2009
    I'm happy enough, I cracked aces 17 times out of 19 with junk in the past week. Boooooooom!
    Posted by Chompy_imo
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • edited July 2009
    MR mbro if people are whinging about it all the time dont you think there COULD be some truth in it? Just remember no smoke without fire. I would also like to make another point just for you, don't tell me to shut up there's a good chap. The community is for getting things of your chest for all people and not just for people who THINK they are something special. If you are fed up to the back teeth with reading about whingeing all the time i have simple solution for you, DONT COME ON HERE, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. 
  • edited July 2009

Guys, shall we quit with the personal abuse, before the Mods get on the case? Calling fellow Members "idiots" ain't gonna be well received upstairs, & it's just a game, poker.

I actually drove this - the picture was taken at Old Oak Common Shed. It's a 2-6-2 Tank Engine - as you can clearly see - & we used to cal them "tunner wunners". I don't really know why.

Weaher's been nice today, too. Grass needs cutting, though.

• edited July 2009
    Let me guess all this happened after you cashed out?What happens is sky have employed a gremlin who works in the office his job is to scan who wins and cashes out then when this is done, his job is to switch the doomswitch button on and then the player will not win a hand ever again ;-)
  • edited July 2009
    Nice train TK, reminds me of some my dad had on his hornby sets.

The forum is to air all views pro or cons any subject but abusing players is out of order. This is a game of cards, not life and death.

We ALL suffer bad beats, if you want to air them then fair enough, but no need to be abusive in the process.

Personally I am learning to laugh off annoying beats - talking about them and thinking about them just makes me want to tilt more.

This community has become very friendly and since the success in Vegas I would like to think it will grow and get more successful. Imagine the SPUKT tour in the future now we all chat together :)

Thanks for all your hard work in Vegas TK, we ALL appreciated it.

Dave  

• edited July 2009
    do u ever see me moanin? NO take in ya stride BOSSBOX theres a light at the end of the tunnel, if u keep gettin ur chips in ahead ur doin sumthin right yeh, come on fella ur bigger n better than this, poker is wat it is every1 gets beats its part the game, ive had more than enuff of mine and no doubt ive giv sum out myself, things r not goin my way at the mo but in the long run il come thru it, 
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by Chompy_imo
    Hes not fibbing either, chompy loves hands like 93 soooooted:) Ive seen it with my own eyes
  • edited July 2009
    Nice train TK, reminds me of some my dad had on his hornby sets. The forum is to air all views pro or cons any subject but abusing players is out of order. This is a game of cards, not life and death. We ALL suffer bad beats, if you want to air them then fair enough, but no need to be abusive in the process. Personally I am learning to laugh off annoying beats - talking about them and thinking about them just makes me want to tilt more. This community has become very friendly and since the success in Vegas I would like to think it will grow and get more successful. Imagine the SPUKT tour in the future now we all chat together :) Thanks for all your hard work in Vegas TK, we ALL appreciated it. Dave  
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Me too.

Was it OO (Double-O) Gauge?
  • edited July 2009
    To be fair I dont play much on here but all poker is the same, live, other sites, home games.....

In the long run are bad beats not good? It means you are going in ahead and they other guys needs to get lucky. Maths state that people will not always get lucky, therefore, you become a winning player in the long run.

Also re your comment on tracking hands dont you need a sample size of like 20k hands for analysis to be meaningfull??
  • edited July 2009
    Nice train TK, reminds me of some my dad had on his hornby sets. The forum is to air all views pro or cons any subject but abusing players is out of order. This is a game of cards, not life and death. We ALL suffer bad beats, if you want to air them then fair enough, but no need to be abusive in the process. Personally I am learning to laugh off annoying beats - talking about them and thinking about them just makes me want to tilt more. This community has become very friendly and since the success in Vegas I would like to think it will grow and get more successful. Imagine the SPUKT tour in the future now we all chat together :) Thanks for all your hard work in Vegas TK, we ALL appreciated it. Dave  
    Posted by Grimstar30
    What a great paragraph that is, & how true.

The next SPUKT Day will be wicked, now that we sort of "know each other" via the Forum. And if there is not another SPUKT soon - & I have no idea one way or another - we'll organise one privately, one weekend, somewhere. We'll have a nice little Tourney, some Heads-Up matches (Teams?), a quiz, a 5-a-side footie Tourney, Karaoke, demonstrate our Train Sets, la de da.

Actually, that sounds like an idea to me.....
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : Me too. Was it OO (Double-O) Gauge?
    Posted by Tikay10
    IS it me or is this going to turn into a train thread to deflect from the moaning, well ive added a train local to me Tikay just for you... Extra points if you can name it!

• edited July 2009
    boss if you can't take the swings quit poker take up checkers. You don't get bad beats in that game, i think you'd enjoy it.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: this site is a joke : What a great paragraph that is, & how true. The next SPUKT Day will be wicked, now that we sort of "know each other" via the Forum. And if there is not another SPUKT soon - & I have no idea one way or another - we'll organise one privately, one weekend, somewhere. We'll have a nice little Tourney, some Heads-Up matches (Teams?), a quiz, a 5-a-side footie Tourney, Karaoke, demonstrate our Train Sets, la de da. Actually, that sounds like an idea to me.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    If you do Tikay can you do arange for it to take place in the old GWR sheds at southall  then it would be the closest tourney sky have set up for me .... if not southall i hear the diesel shed in Didcot is free next week....
  • edited July 2009
    I can take swings and rounabouts but it happens time after time and dont say it will even it self out because it doesn't. I seem to go in, in front and ALWAYS yes always get out drawn. Mickjenn1 has said if you are going in in front you are doing something right, yep to true always lose. This is why i said at the start, bad beat, after bad beat, after bad beat. FH 3 times in 5 games beaten by quads is a bit much, i have NEVER heard of that in a live game but bet your bottom doller someone will have, just wait and see.