You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rumour has it Tikay has cashed in Vegas

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat
Heard on a table tonight Tikay has had a small cash in a PLO event.

WP Sir

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Rumour has it Tikay has cashed in Vegas:
    Heard on a table tonight Tikay has had a small cash in a PLO event. WP Sir
    Posted by VespaPX
    I really hope he has!!!   Good luck Sir Tikay - run golden xxx
  • edited June 2015
    well done Tikay
  • edited June 2015
    Brilliant news!! Well done sir - bet that was a great feeling. Hope had good fun on the tables
  • edited June 2015
    I take it this is the PLO at the Golden Nugget?

Wp Tikay
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    im in awe :) wp m8
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Rumour has it Tikay has cashed in Vegas:
    I take it this is the PLO at the Golden Nugget? Wp Tikay
    Posted by waller02
    I believe so.
  • edited June 2015

Well played Tikay My hero!!

• edited June 2015
    well played sir
  • edited June 2015
    With the mout of erm...trinkets he gathers along the way, if, when he bags his1st WSOP BRACELET, i foresee all sorts of shenanigans at the baggage weigh in on return flight!!

WP Tikay sir glgl
  • edited June 2015
    Well Played Sir!
  • edited June 2015
    Just spent a few minutes trying to find out more details about Tikay's success or otherwise and stumbled on his Wikipedia page..if ever there was a case of not believing everything you read on Wikipedia check it out :)

• edited June 2015
    Just spent a few minutes trying to find out more details about Tikay's success or otherwise and stumbled on his Wikipedia page..if ever there was a case of not believing everything you read on Wikipedia check it out :)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Kendall_ (poker_player)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Good Lord, no wonder my ears are burning.......

No idea who has been up to mischief on that Wikipidea page, but the part about Golf Course bunkers is nothing short of incredible. And there is some substance to the story of my prowess in golf course bunkers, but that's a story which may never see the light of day......

• edited June 2015

Morning all.

Thanks for the kind words, especially as it was just a min cash, $445, & it cost me $220 to buy in. Had a simply wonderful day, too.  

I also played a $600 PLO @ Venetian, which had a $30,000 Guarantee, & made an astonishing $99,000+. Think I finished 29th in that, with 21 paid, so close, but no cigar.

The rest of the time since I arrived has been non-poker, & am having a little holiday, then starting poker properly in the next few days.

• edited June 2015

On Tuesday, I had, arguably, one of the most wonderful days of my life, up at Mt Charlston, where I was able to see, close up, at first hand, & in the wild, humming birds, chipmunks, mule deer & "road runner" birds. The chipmunks are called "Palmers Chipmunks" & are not found anywhere else in the world.

Love wildlife, so this was such a thrill, one of the best days I can ever remember.
  • edited June 2015

On Thursday, caught a Southwest Airlines flight at 0830 from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.

At LAX Airport, caught the "flyaway" Bus to Union Street Station, which has been on my bucket list to visit for decades. It was worth the wait.

Then got on the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner down to a place called Oceanside, California, right down the Pacific Coast, including Huntingdon Beach, which is where Jen Mason was born.

Stayed at a Condo right on the beach on Thursday night, swum in the Pacific Ocean, & had dinner at Ruby's Diner, which is on the far end of Oceanside Municipal Fishing Pier.

Saw (& photographed) pelicans (right up close), an egret (ditto), & then, to top it all, a school (?) of Dolphins "porpoising" right by the end of the pier. Magical moments, memories forever. I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was to see such natural beauty.

Next morning, had breakfast at Oceanside Harbour, & saw some more chipmunks or squirrels, I'm not sure which. I have photos, so I'll research it later.

Then got back on the magnificent Pacific Surfliner & down to San Diego.   
  • edited June 2015

San Diego, wow, never realised what a great spot it was. Saw the stunning USS Midway of course, & caught a ferry to Coronado.

Then walked along the harbour front & saw 2 seals. Never seen seals in the wild before, can't begin to tell you what a thrill that was.

Eventually went to San Diego airport, to catch the Southwest Airlines 737-700 back to McCarron Airport, & got back to the room at 11pm last night.

The Amtrak Pacific Surfliner was sheer magic, too.

So a lovely few days.

Will play a small PLO or PLO8 Tourney either Sunday or Monday at either Golden Nugget or Binions, then on Wednesday, the "non-poker Holiday" ends, & I have a fortnight of Vegas poker to play.

Logged on to Sky Poker Community this morning, to see what's what, only to find we have a rampant troll giving it large. Sheesh, what is the matter with people? Fortunately, for every bad 'un, there are a 100 good people. The contrast between seeing all that wildlife & natural beauty, then logging on to see a troll having his idea of fun, is quite something. Yikes, what strange times we live in.  

Have a great weekend, & thanks again for the kind comments.  

• edited June 2015
    Congratulations Sir-Tikay,enjoy your adventures.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
    P.S. If you bump into Mr Phil Ivey, could you ask him if he has a spare afternoon, i would consider it a great honour if he could participate in the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.  
  • edited June 2015
    Congratulations Sir-Tikay,enjoy your adventures. All the best. Rainman397 P.S. If you bump into Mr Phil Ivey, could you ask him if he has a spare afternoon, i would consider it a great honour if he could participate in the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.  
    Posted by rainman397
    You might just be the GOAT.

Sadly, last I heard, Mr Ivey was in Macau, not Vegas, but if he shows up here, yup, I'll ask him.
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by VespaPX
    Does anyone care, I was hoping he would lose! just to balance out the comments! lol
  • edited June 2015
    San Diego, wow, never realised what a great spot it was. Saw the stunning USS Midway of course, & caught a ferry to Coronado.   Then walked along the harbour front & saw 2 seals. Never seen seals in the wild before, can't begin to tell you what a thrill that was. Eventually went to San Diego airport, to catch the Southwest Airlines 737-700 back to McCarron Airport, & got back to the room at 11pm last night. The Amtrak Pacific Surfliner was sheer magic, too. So a lovely few days. Will play a small PLO or PLO8 Tourney either Sunday or Monday at either Golden Nugget or Binions, then on Wednesday, the "non-poker Holiday" ends, & I have a fortnight of Vegas poker to play. Logged on to Sky Poker Community this morning, to see what's what, only to find we have a rampant troll giving it large. Sheesh, what is the matter with people? Fortunately, for every bad 'un, there are a 100 good people. The contrast between seeing all that wildlife & natural beauty, then logging on to see a troll having his idea of fun, is quite something. Yikes, what strange times we live in.   Have a great weekend, & thanks again for the kind comments.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sounds fantastic Tony
    Enjoy the rest of your stay.
  • edited June 2015
    Most splendid my good man, glad you are having a "whale" of a time, and a cash to boot- well done,and the very best of luck in your next forays on the felt.
  • edited June 2015
    Great to hear you're having such a good time.

Keep the updates (and the cashes) coming sir WP.
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by VespaPX
    big fkkinn dealk/ trememdous.