You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky censorship

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

Can anyone tell me why SKY is removing legitimate and valid posts/ topics from this site which highlight shortfalls in this sites policy/ operation?

Replies welcome from players and SKY employees alike.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Note:-

If anyone reads this and then finds it has mysteriously dissapeared, then please make a similar new topic to this.

Maybe then this practice by sky will cease.
  • edited July 2009
    Can't say I've noticed.. (?)

• edited July 2009
    I have mate.

Its happening.

Perfectly reasonable, non slanderous ( eg 'conspiracy' posts ), considered posts/ topics too.
  • edited July 2009
    There are loads of conspiracy posts in Area 51 so I dont see why they would delete yours and not others unless it was something ridiculous - try posting it again (in Area 51 though so its in the right place) and see if its removed.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky censorship:
    I have mate. Its happening. Perfectly reasonable, non slanderous ( eg 'conspiracy' posts ), considered posts/ topics too.
    Posted by michael900
    Try looking in the area 51 section at the bottom of the page that is where the conspiracy theorists post.
  • edited July 2009
    There are loads of conspiracy posts in Area 51 so I dont see why they would delete yours and not others unless it was something ridiculous - try posting it again (in Area 51 though so its in the right place) and see if its removed.
    Posted by dowzer
    ?????

Im not talking about any of my posts.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky censorship : Try looking in the area 51 section at the bottom of the page that is where the conspiracy theorists post.
    Posted by JAMIEP
    eh?

Im saying that these particular posts were NON slanderous. Ie- were NOT conspiracy posts etc.
  • edited July 2009
    No idea. Lots of stuff gets MOVED to the other subforum (Area 51) - not personally seen anything deleted but I don't see everything!

Have you checked there?

PS, libel ;-)

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky censorship : eh? Im saying that these particular posts were NON slanderous. Ie- were NOT conspiracy posts etc.
    Posted by michael900

Oh sorry i got the wrong end of stick in that case it may be the mods moving the topic to the relevant section i would find it hard to believe they would delete them for the sake of it what threads have gone missing anyway?

• edited July 2009

There are a set of Rules for Forum & Community Usage, which are on the Site, & Posts which fall outside those Rules are, I assume, removed, & rightly so.

Were the Threads you referred to within the Rules?

It's nothing to do with Censorship, it's just good housekeeping, as would be invoked on any good, well-Moderated, forum. I don't speak for Sky Poker, but I DO speak from deep experience of running a Poker Forum, & indeed being a Moderator elsewhere. Scores of Posts which claim Sky is "fixed", question the RNG, or which mention other Sites, remain "up".

But there have to be Rules, for the benefit of the Community as a whole.

• edited July 2009
    I think sky is WXXXX in censoring posts made by players who are genuinely worried about the site

I had a PXXXXXX a couple of weeks ago and was informed by a SXX rep that my PXXX was removed because of a reference to another poker SXXX 
    I CXXXXXXXXX and was told by sky AXXX that this would be looked at

GXXX
  • edited July 2009
    I'm not aware of any censoring.  Can we get specific examples?  Links to competing poker sites would not normally be allowed but in my opinion mentions are fine.  The forum is still only a few weeks old, so there may be some inconsistency in modding; although I've yet to see that, but there should certainly be no censorship.