You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad fold?

oatso Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.36
muffinman6 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.63
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

aftershock Fold     
MacLik Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.63
captape16 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £3.92
Dudeskin8 Raise  £0.24 £0.38 £3.64
rapier1226 Fold     
scrumdown Fold     
oatso Call  £0.22 £0.60 £3.14
muffinman6 Fold     
MacLik Call  £0.20 £0.80 £4.43
captape16 Fold     
Flop

• A

oatso Check     
MacLik All-in  £4.43 £5.23 £0.00
Dudeskin8 Fold     
oatso Fold     
MacLik Muck     
MacLik Win  £5.19  £5.19
Once I hit the ace I'm feeling good, but then he goes and shoves all-in, I'm just starting to think maybe he has 2-pair not wanting call from flush draw but is this the wrong way to see it ?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Call.  He almost certainly has a worse A.  Sometimes he has a flush draw.

He never ever has AQ beat here OTF.
  • edited January 2010
    dude i cant belive u folded m8 like scotty says  at most ace rag drawing to a flush
  • edited January 2010
    So you both think that if he had hit 2 pair he'd have bet less or maybe even checked to the initial raiser?  I'm not sure.

I've been playing the micro stakes cash tables recently and I've noticed that there are not many players who would fold their hand if they've hit an Ace on the flop (even with a weak kicker).  Dudeskin8's pre-flop raise indicates he has a decent hand.  If I hit 2 pair on that flop I'd be tempted to push, trying to send the message "I'm trying to scare you out of the pot", knowing that Dude is likely to have hit the Ace and I'm likely to get a call.  If he has trips or ends up out drawing me then so be it...
  • edited January 2010
    Auto Call. Especially at this level.
  • edited January 2010
    Yh probably should have called, after I started thinking why would he push with a stronger hand.