You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Own site!

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat

A few years back.  I got so fed up with online poker.
Boring tournaments. Sites with such strict Ts and Cs.
Tournaments that lasted for many hours. and so on..........

So I looked into the possibilities of running my own site.
This turned out to be a real mind blower.

1st
I needed a graphics designer. This was to put my designs into place. etc, The sites appearance, lobbies, tables and play area.
2nd
I then had to get 4 software coders. Why 4. I didn't want any *one* coder to know everything about how the software was created. So split this problem into 4 zones.  Each coder had a specific zone.
3rd
The RNG. This is the bit that taught me an awful lot about online poker and poker site software.
I learnt, that in order to do this, the whole system and software was terribly flawed!
It's how it's done. Lets takes RNG. "Random Number Generators" What does this really mean?
Well. Think of it like this. If I filled a bath with ping pong balls, and say got 5000 in there. The chance of getting No 3782 is 5000/1 Simple eh..... No..... why? Ok why 1 bath, 2 baths full, now 3 baths full, where do you stop?
In the case of poker, you stop at 52. So RNG could not be created. What I found out was that I needed *was CS* card selectors. Now, on top of that I needed a dealing program, this again is terribly flawed. The way it's done would shock you in that no many of you know the difference between a live dealer, and an online electronic dealer!
Ok, so you have to ecept a flawed system of RNG and dealing. This is where morals come into play.
Now, the hands. Every hand has to be built into the software, this again is flawed.

On top of all this, office location, site page, servers, and red tape a 1000 miles long.
Banking, some won't touch online poker! I wonder why?

By trying to enter the online poker biz, boy, did I learn how flawed and corrupt the software has to be!

Now then, what am I trying to say...... I know, do you lot?

So when sites say. "Don't question our integrity" I now know why. They know they are running a flawed and corrupt online poker system! What do they mean by integrity? That they pay out quickly, well they might. But that's not the point. They still have to run a flawed software system to create online poker in the 1st place!

Do remember the inverted pyramid syndrome, the cash tumbling down to the bosses.

Depositing!
Why would any player need to reload? Because they are a poor player? Some are. But if one has to keep reloading, either your a bit dim, or the site needs the cash, and takes it anyway. Easily done!

None of the above is directed at SKY POKER...but all online poker sites!

You lot, ignorance is bliss. Well that's what poker sites want you to be.