You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KK in small blind

I think I played this as well as I could and just shows how hard it can be to have a high pocket pair in the blinds. Could Tallboy have done anything differently?

phil12ukSmall blind £0.15£0.15£27.28argoBig blind £0.30£0.45£20.41 Your hole cardsKK   CandidFold    tallboyCall £0.30£0.75£44.18sloubyCall £0.30£1.05£32.54captainCabCall £0.30£1.35£29.35phil12ukRaise £1.35£2.70£25.93argoCall £1.20£3.90£19.21tallboyCall £1.20£5.10£42.98sloubyCall £1.20£6.30£31.34captainCabFold    Flop  978   phil12ukBet £4.20£10.50£21.73argoAll-in £19.21£29.71£0.00tallboyCall £19.21£48.92£23.77sloubyFold    phil12ukFold    argoShowKA   tallboyShow10J   Turn  10   River  J   argoWinFlush to the Ace£47.12 £47.12

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I think this is 15/30, so you raised to 4.5 after 3 callers. I would raise a lot more tbh. Especially in an awful position. After your raise it probably prices in Tallboy.

P.S can you repost the hand please :)
  • edited January 2010
    My hands always post naff!!!

Basically I felt the 5x raise (after limpers) was prob a tad small but I did want some action.

Unfortunately once the first call came, I feared the domino effect of everyone else being priced in.
  • edited January 2010
    If you are using Chrome/Safari then the hands always come out weird.  Switch to FF when you wanna post hands Phil.

I think you played it ok, depending on the table I might ahve raised it a couple of BB more.

Really tho with AK and KK the money shoulda been going AIPF.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: KK in small blind:
    If you are using Chrome/Safari then the hands always come out weird.  Switch to FF when you wanna post hands Phil. I think you played it ok, depending on the table I might ahve raised it a couple of BB more. Really tho with AK and KK the money shoulda been going AIPF.
    Posted by scotty77
    Cheers Scotty.
    Yeah I use chrome and it always pastes the hand wierd.  Will try firefox from now on.
  • edited January 2010
    i cant really see much point to this thread, how could tallboy play this any better? or are you just posting this because you let your kings go and want a pat on the back?
  • edited January 2010
    i cant really see much point to this thread, how could tallboy play this any better? or are you just posting this because you let your kings go and want a pat on the back?
    Posted by N1CK
    SIGH yes I want u to congratulate me............thank u for being so helpful and constructive yet again.
  • edited January 2010
    how could of tall boy done anything differently post flop though? he has a straight and gets sucked out on after the money goes in :S
  • edited January 2010
    how could of tall boy done anything differently post flop though? he has a straight and gets sucked out on after the money goes in :S
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Yeah my wording is awful............really should have been 'how ul was tallboy'. My bad - posted straight after hand and felt bad for him.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: KK in small blind : Yeah my wording is awful............really should have been 'how ul was tallboy'. My bad - posted straight after hand and felt bad for him.
    Posted by phil12uk
    STOP BACKING TRACKING PHIL AND JUST ADMIT IT LOL.....was a nice lay down btw