You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

500 points beware token??????

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat
just been on cc and got told this can't be right ???? 

Ok D, The reason why yoyu have not received a £2.30 token is because you earned more points than the token was for. Therefore, because of this you earned £7.25 of cash rewards, which means you reached bronze level in which you earn cash rewards, the £2.30 token is only for steel level, in which you surpassed

Comments

• edited June 2015
    So you'd rather have stopped at 499pts in order to earn a £2.30 token rather than play on and end up with £7.25 in cash?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: 500 points beware token??????:
    So you'd rather have stopped at 499pts in order to earn a £2.30 token rather than play on and end up with £7.25 in cash?
    Posted by shakinaces

considing i was on 125 last friday yes =) i tought i was accumulative. 
  • edited June 2015
    from the promo FAQ as of today

The token can be used for both MTT's and Sit & Go's. The tournament token will be credited within 48 hours of the week ending, providing you have earned the required number of Poker Points. To use it, simply register to the tournament you wish to play. If the buy-in is equal to, or lesser than the sum of the token you will automatically be registered. Please note, the whole token will be used regardless of the buy-in. If you are required to put money towards the buy in, the token will be deducted and you are to pay the rest from your available cash balance. Please also note, the Tournament Token will only be given to players who earn between 100-499 Poker Points. Should you surpass into the next bracket you will not receive the token in addition to the 1p per point.

although the t&cs merely say

8. Players must have earned at least 100 Poker Points to receive a £2.30 Tournament Token. These tokens will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue, and can be used cumulatively. The token can only be used to enter MTT's and Sit & Go's - it cannot be used on Cash Poker.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to 500 points beware token??????:
    just been on cc and got told this can't be right ????  Ok D, The reason why yoyu have not received a £2.30 token is because you earned more points than the token was for. Therefore, because of this you earned £7.25 of cash rewards, which means you reached bronze level in which you earn cash rewards, the £2.30 token is only for steel level, in which you surpassed
    Posted by D_Legend
    Yes, it's very right.
  • edited June 2015
    I am really confused by this. Why would you not want cash instead of a token? You played more and got more!

Also it clearly states what you get so if rewards are that important to you why didn't you look at the rewards section on the promotions page?
  • edited June 2015
    I am really confused by this. Why would you not want cash instead of a token? You played more and got more! Also it clearly states what you get so if rewards are that important to you why didn't you look at the rewards section on the promotions page?
    Posted by MattBates

lol i tough sky would give people both a only reason i played extra. 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: 500 points beware token?????? : lol i tough sky would give people both a only reason i played extra. 
    Posted by D_Legend
    But it clearly stated that u wouldnt get both
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: 500 points beware token?????? : lol i tough sky would give people both a only reason i played extra. 
    Posted by D_Legend
    You played extra and were rewarded for it in Cash by achieving the next level - I would be happy with that.
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by D_Legend
    The rewards seem to be pretty important to you, so as Matt suggested, maybe you should read up on them. Then there won't be any nasty surprises like this.
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by D_Legend

Take a look at the widget, when you reach 50 pts, you get 5k worth of freerolls, it tells you  50 more points and you get your token....

When you get the token, you still keep the freerolls , the freerolls dont vanish, so why would the token when you reach the £5.00 ?

Im on 82 points, the widget says Earn 18pts more to receive a £2.30 tournament token.
    then................................................. e
    arn 418pts more to receive £5 in cash
    then...................................................
    Earn 918pts more to receive £12.50 in cash

when it says earn more to get something else, how can you lose what went before ? Its inconsistent, for it to be consistent, you should lose the freerolls.

Ill stop now in case Im not making any sense.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: 500 points beware token?????? : The rewards seem to be pretty important to you, so as Matt suggested, maybe you should read up on them. Then there won't be any nasty surprises like this.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

i heck it i asn't here ,  but thnk u sky defender =) but i expexcted more and just letting other know 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: 500 points beware token?????? : i heck it i asn't here ,  but thnk u sky defender =) but i expexcted more and just letting other know 
    Posted by D_Legend
    Over to you, Slippy.

I'm struggling to decipher that.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: 500 points beware token?????? : Over to you, Slippy. I'm struggling to decipher that.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I reckon we should go with:

I checked it but it wasn't there, but thank you Sky defender =) I expected more and am just letting others know.

What do you think?
  • edited June 2015
    I admit I never thought for 1 minute you were going to get the £2.30 token as well if you got to the next stage, but strangely enough when I read this thread fron D Legends point of view I can see what he means, even if I may not agree entirely.

The freeroll is for all who achieve 50 pts, this is not cash and is probably a good idea for the lower stakes players, though some of the higher stake players will not think much of having to spend 3 hours with the top prize of £100 against 1,500 players, with the far more likely outcome of 1 to 2 hours for £1.00 or £2.00. Having said that this is still low level and is not meant to be making you money, but should probably be regarded as a return gift from Sky as opposed to money.

The £2.30 token for those who achieve 100pts. is also not cash as you cannot withdraw it. It is given as both an incentive to gain it and also as a means of increasing traffic on the site as it can only be used playing. This again is not that bad an idea as increased traffic benifits everyone. This again should be regarded as a return gift from Sky as opposed to money. Indeed Sky themselves don't regard it as anything else, as they remove the entire token from you if you play in a 30p S&G, thus depriving you of the extra £2.00. Obviously there would be an uproar if they removed £2.30 out of your account if you played in a 30p S&G(Sky really need to sort this)

When you reach 500pts you are now in the realms of being a serious player and they offer cash back, this is now real money, you can withdraw it or spend it on poker like me. Again this is a good idea as we are now talking about people gambling more that the average weekly wage to get £5.00 back out of the £50.00 they have given Sky in rake every week. This is nowhere as awful as it sounds this is pretty normal in the industry, and Sky follow the norm in that the more you play the more return you get and the greater amount of money Sky get.

Therefore the freerolls are promotional a token if you like and not cash, the £2.30 token is also to be treated as a promotion as it is not cash also, it is indeed a token and therefore should be accumlative, and the higher levels are of course cash back depending on player input.
  • edited June 2015
    Completely irrelevent I know, but I was actually quite impressed with the new widget. It was better than I expected so a thumbs up to the software people on that one, a great output result from so little allowed.
  • edited June 2015
    from the promo FAQ as of today The token can be used for both MTT's and Sit & Go's.  The tournament token will be credited within 48 hours of the week ending, providing you have earned the required number of Poker Points. To use it, simply register to the tournament you wish to play. If the buy-in is equal to, or lesser than the sum of the token you will automatically be registered.  Please note, the whole token will be used regardless of the buy-in . If you are required to put money towards the buy in, the token will be deducted and you are to pay the rest from your available cash balance.  Please also note, the Tournament Token will only be given to players who earn between 100-499 Poker Points. Should you surpass into the next bracket you will not receive the token in addition to the 1p per point. although the t&cs merely say 8. Players must have earned at least 100 Poker Points to receive a £2.30 Tournament Token. These tokens will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue, and can be used cumulatively. The token can only be used to enter MTT's and Sit & Go's - it cannot be used on Cash Poker.
    Posted by GELDY
    Hi Geldy,

Thank you for raising this - it has now been amended.

Sky Kirsty
  • edited June 2015
    Completely irrelevent I know, but I was actually quite impressed with the new widget. It was better than I expected so a thumbs up to the software people on that one, a great output result from so little allowed.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Thank you for your kind words Gary, I will definitely pass this lovely feedback on.

Sky Kirsty
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: 500 points beware token?????? : I reckon we should go with: I checked it but it wasn't there, but thank you Sky defender =) I expected more and am just letting others know. What do you think?
    Posted by Slipwater
    lol that how you troll the troll , but slip this was intended as a imformative one, for those who didnt know

i am wrong excepting more.  
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: 500 points beware token?????? : lol that how you troll the troll , but slip this was intended as a imformative one, for those who didnt know i am wrong excepting more.  
    Posted by D_Legend
    Oh I see, so this was just an informative post for the community, letting people know that you don't get the token after 500 points.

Thank you so much.