You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Content Feedback - WOF

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat

Wall of Fame
Do you check the Wall of Fame?
Have you ever appeared on it?
How did it make you feel?
Do you aspire to appear on it?
Would you like to see anything similar, that recognises players for achievements?

I'm just wanting general feedback on this and how you guys feel about the page. 

Any feedback is always appreciated.

Sky Kirsty

Comments

• edited June 2015

I think this sort of thing is good for rec players, its not going to mean much to a lot of the more regular players. Given this my question is how do these players know about it? Do they get an e-mail saying they made it onto the board?

If you look at the board atm I know 2 of the 4 on there pretty well and I know they wouldn't be fussed about being there (and probably don't even realise they are there!). So rather than put up the winners of the roller I would be putting up Mr Smith who made his first FT or Miss Jones who won 3 tournaments in a week. This will take more effort and will need some way of getting that information (maybe could link it into the teams and they could be feeding info into you). At the moment your putting up names who wont care about being up their the majority of the time/may not even know they are there.

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Content Feedback - WOF:
    I think this sort of thing is good for rec players, its not going to mean much to a lot of the more regular players. Given this my question is how do these players know about it? Do they get an e-mail saying they made it onto the board? If you look at the board atm I know 2 of the 4 on there pretty well and I know they wouldn't be fussed about being there (and probably don't even realise they are there!). So rather than put up the winners of the roller I would be putting up Mr Smith who made his first FT or Miss Jones who won 3 tournaments in a week. This will take more effort and will need some way of getting that information (maybe could link it into the teams and they could be feeding info into you). At the moment your putting up names who wont care about being up their the majority of the time/may not even know they are there.
    Posted by MattBates
    Matt makes a couple of good points. It's much more interesting to hear about... Smith & Jones, doing their thing, than to simply throw down a list of recent big tournament winners.
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks guys - I definitely agree and think we should engage with people more with this if it's going to work.

At present, we don't e-mail people about WOF achievements. We simply request that if anyone has anything that they would like to shout about, they get in touch. And to be fair, not a lot of people do, so we just display the Super Roller winners as a standard thing.

Many thanks for the feedback guys,
    Kirsty
  • edited June 2015
    I think the winner of The DYMathon challange currently on ther forum should be placed on the wall of fame for a year consider it a prize but with no cost. and seeing as im going to win u may aswell put it up now :)
  • edited June 2015
    I had honestly forgotten all about it.

When it first started there was a related thread in the sticky section and we could nominate people via it and you did interviews with winners.

I can see why you are using Twitter to attract a wider audience to SkyPoker.

It would be useful for us community peeps to have the option to engage via the forum still.

So for social media purposes keep tweeting and naming the big winners, but the small rec who does something good for them should also have the opportunity for a month of fame. 

PS Mr Smith (Gareth) seems to doing rather well of late.
  • edited June 2015
    I think the winner of The DYMathon challange currently on ther forum should be placed on the wall of fame for a year consider it a prize but with no cost. and seeing as im going to win u may aswell put it up now :)
    Posted by RLT16
    Would have to change the name to WTF ! :-))
  • edited June 2015
    It personally isnt appealing to me, and I dont think it will encourage players to play more poker in any way.. I think the tables that Aussie used to post on the forum were much more interesting for the players involved. I believe if sky produced their own tables for all stake MTT's and SNG's then that may encourage more friendly competition as well as bragging rights.

Just my opinion though.
  • edited June 2015
    As above, I didn't know much about it all.

There must be some legs in it though - maybe its something that could be incorporated into the live TV show to shout-out to people... a chance to TV Tart in the new shorter format.  Wouldn't even need to disrupt the studio chatter, could just scroll stuff along the bottom of have a little pop-up in the corner of the screen.

Make more of it, maybe set specific targets, maybe even chuck the odd incentive in there for people...?
  • edited June 2015
    It will be a year in October when i signed up. Im a rec player but like to try n mix it up with the big boys!

The excitement of winning a main the very next month was immense, and of course the money was a big part of that but having my name in 'lights' as it were was great.

Also felt id earned a little respect among the players, deluded i know! and those who dont keep up with Garyqqq or Aussies threads may see the WOF.

I was a little disappointed my win was at the end of November so was only there a few days, fastforward to the beginning of February and i did it again!! ok becoming a bit of a brag post now! but this time it was up a whole month! i was thrilled.

I completely agree with Matt that the top players have no interest in the WOF, but for players like me it meant a lot.

Obviously its not the norm for rec's like me to luckbox the main so totally agree a 're-shuffle' of the format is a great idea.

Perhaps we could have a brainstorming session to come up with ideas, DTD achievements? winning streaks? jackpot winners?(wd Andrew) newbie wins? just a few ideas but im sure you all have loads ; )
  • edited June 2015
    These are great ideas guys, I particularly like the idea of incorporating the TV channel.

Great feedback.

Kirsty
  • edited June 2015
    Perhaps the wall of fame could be extended to the "Chat Box" announcements?

Whilst you are announcing a tournament is about to start, you could congratulate the previous weeks winner in the link?

I also like the idea of scrolling previous winners across the bottom of TV Screen.

• edited June 2015
    Scrolling is a good idead. Is it possible to show it on screen in full as part of the "poker news" segment.

Also would it be better as a rolling 4 week wall of fame to avoid the issue of someone getting their dream bink at the end of the month and only having a fleeting appearance?
  • edited June 2015
    Just an idea, but maybe everyone who gets on the WOF in a month can all be put together in like a mini-tournament. Whatever it is, it should encourage people to play more / increase competition.
  • edited June 2015
    I agree with Jordz!

Like phantom I forgot about this, if I appeared on it I wouldnt know and Ive no idea who appears on it.
    The idea of a league table with several names on it however is appealing provided we are not in any way highlighing people that are making a loss....thats the only potential problem (which could become a big problem).

For me if there were leaderboards for the game types I play it would motivate me to play more. So even if your not top you might do your best to move up the board ....top 50 or top 10 etc. A skyversion of the sharkscope leaderboards for example. The more names that appear the more interest people will have if trying to climb the leaderboard! Currently just one name then the people not on it are not interested.

Ger 
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by RLT16
    This is one of the most silliest things i have heard in a while.
  • edited June 2015
    The old Sky Poker league was great. Never did know why it was dropped.............I miss it :(
  • edited June 2015
    just binked a main can i go on WOF please : ) cough brag
  • edited June 2015
    I agree with a lot of the posts Matt made some good points about it should be for the recreational players rather than those who keep winning the big tournies, as it is the recreational player who is more likely to be interested. A recreationasl player who wins their first tournament a £2.30 bounty hunter say will be pleased at their acheivement and rightly so. Therefore I think when a player wins their first tournament with at least say 100 players they should be put on the hall of fame, and should also be emailed to let them know they are there. Also the winner of the mains and minis go up providing it is the first one they have won this year, there is little point in repeatedly putting up the names of the people who quite likely won't be that interested in appearing half a dozen times.
  • edited June 2015
    Shame the following was never the case.

But don’t be deterred if you don’t match that criteria, if you think you deserve a spot on the Wall for whatever reason then 
    tweet @SkyPoker using the hashtag #SkyPokerWOF with why you deserve your place and if we agree, then you’ll go up.

Can't remember a single player who had one of these spots, why was that?

In fact the only none Main/UKOPS/JACKPOT winner was LFB got a spot due to winning the super6 comp 2 weeks running in November.

• edited June 2015
    Did anyone tweet? I doubt it!

Ger