You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Completely Gobsmacked.

This is an expensive tournament, quite early on.

Was a wrong to fold? Did i play it too tight, anyway be prepared at the outcome.... ridiculous
layerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
cappkid Small blind   25.00 25.00 855.00
HartshorN Big blind   50.00 75.00 3431.25
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

AlanBond Call   50.00 125.00 4090.00
martyn75 Fold        
LeopardGod Raise   150.00 275.00 1888.75
TOADIE767 Fold        
cappkid Fold        
HartshorN Raise   300.00 575.00 3131.25
AlanBond Call   300.00 875.00 3790.00
LeopardGod Call   200.00 1075.00 1688.75
Flop

• A

HartshorN Check        
AlanBond Bet   537.50 1612.50 3252.50
LeopardGod Call   537.50 2150.00 1151.25
HartshorN Fold        
Turn

• Q

AlanBond Check        
LeopardGod Check        
River

AlanBond Check        
LeopardGod Check        
AlanBond Show
  • J

LeopardGod Show

LeopardGod Win Pair of 4s 2150.00   3301.25

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I know i played it wrong but i doubt these too were folding pre...

Just took my by complete suprise, affected the way i played and eventually eliminated me.
  • edited January 2010
    hello

its a very, shall we say, ' loose ' bet by alanbond on the flop in my opinion.

i can undertand u not calling there but cant understand leopeard calling it.

you might think u played it wrong cos you didnt bet on the flop first,

but then you could agrue that you played it correctly by folding, after suspecting the other playrs might hold an ace.

i think it's possibly bad play from the other players making you look like you made a mistake.

• edited January 2010
    pre flop your oop the min raise killed you giving leopard value to stay, im deffo makin it 650 pre not 300,
  • edited January 2010
    Yeh i know mate, lets look past my bad play now... lol.

Still don't undertsand the bet and call post flop. was early on in the 1.5k bounty hunter.
  • edited January 2010
    Think i need to start growing a pair, and insert that pair in my throat and hope for the best.
  • edited January 2010
    Horrible board for your Kings, even so I would still put out a bet to see where I was about 350-400 to see where you are. By checking after a big reraise you let them take the advantage.
  • edited January 2010
    Yeh I'm makin it 600 preflop.

Not really ridiculous. Alanbond was trying to buy it or rep an ace after your check and the fish called with a gutshot.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Completely Gobsmacked.:
    Horrible board for your Kings, even so I would still put out a bet to see where I was about 350-400 to see where you are. By checking after a big reraise you let them take the advantage.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I'd also bet. Although its hard to not put one of them on an Ace. Then again im not sure they would both be in the hand if the flop 3bet was bigger.
  • edited January 2010
    re raise more pre 600 or so, then put out a decent bet on the flop or even check raise flop for info, if u get called proceed with caution n b prepared to fold
  • edited January 2010
    yeah the min raise preflop was pretty bad its inviting a multiway pot, i dont mind the check on the flop, if you lead out and sum1 calls with a draw you still dont know were you are so i think check calling the flop is ok, you can lead out on the flop to rep a big ace just to try and slow things down on the other streets but going back to the mini raise preflop thats why this hand has become tricky to play
  • edited January 2010
    obviously raise more preflop... but dont think when that ace flops that its shutdown time for you... hello you raised preflop!!! represent that ace yourself! obviousily any resistance then its probably shutdown time but this was a perfect opportunity to rep the ace and take the pot.