You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FOLD EQUITY

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat
IF WAS IN SMALL BLIND WITH 1000 CHIPS, AND MOVE ALL IN, THE BIG BLIND HAS 7000 CHIPS. DOES THIS MEEN I HAVE NO FOLD EQUITY, OR IS THE BIG BLIND HAVE NO FOLD EQUITY.
 I THINK THE 1ST IS RIGHT, OR MY MATE WHO SAYS THE 2ND IS RIGHT.

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to FOLD EQUITY:
    IF WAS IN SMALL BLIND WITH 1000 CHIPS, AND MOVE ALL IN, THE BIG BLIND HAS 7000 CHIPS. DOES THIS MEEN I HAVE NO FOLD EQUITY, OR IS THE BIG BLIND HAVE NO FOLD EQUITY.  I THINK THE 1ST IS RIGHT, OR MY MATE WHO SAYS THE 2ND IS RIGHT.
    Posted by phibaoptic

You are right. You have no (or little) fold equity when you shove and the potential caller(s) have you well covered and have the odds to call you with a wide range of hands.

• edited June 2015
    Your mates right. You can win chips by your opponent folding, therefore you have fold equity. He cant win any by you folding, as it is impossible for you to fold, therefore has no fold equity.

Assuming the tournament is below the 500/1000 level and he has the option to fold.

• edited June 2015
    Aha.

Reread and it does rather matter what the blinds are. You always need to have at the very least more chips than the big blind to have any fold equity.

Could be that neither of you have fold equity if say the blinds are 800/1600.

You are first to act and cannot make the big blind fold - The big blind cannot put any more chips in to make you fold.

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: FOLD EQUITY:
    Aha. Reread and it does rather matter what the blinds are. You always need to have at the very least more chips than the big blind to have any fold equity. Could be that neither of you have fold equity if say the blinds are 800/1600. You are first to act and CAN make the big blind fold - The big blind cannot put any more chips in to make you fold.
    Posted by Phantom66
    FYP