You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Having a favourite site for poker............

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat
Is that you Toby?  Alan?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    I win, I do, sometimes
  • edited June 2015
    And the point is? is it multiple choice?
  • edited June 2015

That's a very interesting first Post, Pokermar.

I presume you are aware that Sharkscope does not track Cash Games, which are around 70% of traffic on most sites?

What sort of games & volume did you play on Sky Poker before you went elsewhere? Did you give it a fair crack over a decent volume to arrive at the view that "AA is weak here"? (That' be 100,000 hands or more).

Have to say, I've never known of a Poker Pro who writes down every hand they play, that must be very time-consuming. 

I'm only guessing - as you are - but I'd suggest the amount of "depositing players" on Sky Poker is much the same as on any other site. I can't think of a single reason why that would not be the case.

The fact that, (if true), players win here & lose elsewhere could be due to various factors. Your logic suggesting that is the case seems a tad tenuous, imo.

Sky Poker is, uniquely, an almost 100% "6 Max" site. 6-Max is quite different to Full Ring, & requires a different skillset.

Sky Poker is also probably unique in that it does not permit Third Party Software. When players are on, say, Pokerstars, they face opponents who are allowed to use no less than 135 (ONE HUNDRED & THIRTY FIVE) different types of Third Party Software. I would imagine - just guessing again - this confers a great advantage on those who use Third Party Software, as opposed to players who don't take advantage of such artificial assistance.

Anyway, I hope you give it a try, but I doubt, in the respects you mention, much has changed.

Best of luck, wherever you play, of course.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Having a favourite site for poker............:
    That's a very interesting first Post, Pokermar. I presume you are aware that Sharkscope does not track Cash Games, which are around 70% of traffic on most sites?   What sort of games & volume did you play on Sky Poker before you went elsewhere? Did you give it a fair crack over a decent volume to arrive at the view that "AA is weak here"? (That' be 100,000 hands or more).   Have to say, I've never known of a Poker Pro who writes down every hand they play, that must be very time-consuming.  I'm only guessing - as you are - but I'd suggest the amount of "depositing players" on Sky Poker is much the same as on any other site. I can't think of a single reason why that would not be the case. The fact that, (if true), players win here & lose elsewhere could be due to various factors. Your logic suggesting that is the case seems a tad tenuous, imo. Sky Poker is, uniquely, an almost 100% "6 Max" site. 6-Max is quite different to Full Ring, & requires a different skillset. Sky Poker is also probably unique in that it does not permit Third Party Software. When players are on, say, Pokerstars, they face opponents who are allowed to use no less than 135 (ONE HUNDRED & THIRTY FIVE) different types of Third Party Software. I would imagine - just guessing again - this confers a great advantage on those who use Third Party Software, as opposed to players who don't take advantage of such artificial assistance.   Anyway, I hope you give it a try, but I doubt, in the respects you mention, much has changed. Best of luck, wherever you play, of course.
    Posted by Tikay10

Sky Poker is also probably unique in that it does not permit Third Party Software. When players are on, say, Pokerstars, they face opponents who are allowed to use no less than 135 (ONE HUNDRED & THIRTY FIVE) different types of Third Party Software. 

Most interesting - can you elaborate on the Thurday show some time - think this would make great viewing for the serious rec's/semi regs and could only be postive for Sky Poker

• edited June 2015

^^^^

On PokerStars, they permit the third party software listed below.

People who play poker are adults, they can make their own choices, we don't all like the same things.

Personally, I don't want to play against players who have all these artificial aids, that's not a level playing field in my personal view.
  • edited June 2015

The following Third Party Software are permitted on 'Stars.

AdvancedPokerTraining
    Auto HandPoster
    AutoReg
    BlazingStars
    CardHider
    ChartManager
    Coach Rounder
    ColoringTool
    DoN Indicator
    DonkeyTracker
    Draw Poker Source
    EasySeatPoker
    EasySeatPro
    FlopInspector
    FlopZilla
    FlopZoom
    FPP Pro Plus
    FreePokerDB (aka FPDB)
    Gam Poker
    Analyzer
    GameTime+
    Hand2Note
    HighStakesDB
    Hiroku-Script
    Hold’em Cockpit
    Holdem Indicator
    Holdem Manager (including Table Scanner)
    Hold’em Manager 2 (including Hold’em Manager Sync)
    Hold’em Profiler (including Super HUD)
    HoldemBoss
    HoldemLuck
    Holy Grail of Poker
    iToldem
    Jivaro
    KayTeEmPro’s Odds Calculator
    KoySit
    LobbyHunter
    MacroPoker
    MagicHoldem
    Need4Seat
    NoteCaddy
    NotesNL
    Official Poker Rankings
    Omaha Indicator
    OmahaChecker
    OpenTool
    Perfect Reads
    PlaceMint
    PlayerGPS
    PlayerPeek
    PLO Ranger
    Pokalytics
    Poker Academy
    Prospector
    Poker Buddy
    Poker Calculator Pro by PokerProLabs†
    Poker Copilot
    Poker Evolver
    Poker Hole Cards
    Poker Indicator
    Poker Office
    Poker Pro Labs (including Super HUD)
    Poker Sharpener
    Poker Shortcuts
    Poker Sleuth
    Poker Stove
    Poker Vitals
    Poker Wizard
    Poker4Tuna
    PokerAce HUD
    PokerCoach
    PokerDebugger
    PokerDreamEquity
    Pokerface
    PokerGrapher
    PokerHands
    PokerJuice
    PokerObserver HUD
    PokerPlaner
    Poker-Spy
    PokerStat
    PokerStrategy SideKick
    PokerStrategy Equilab
    PokerTableStats
    PokerTracker (including TableTracker)
    Pot Odd Rechner
    ProPokerTool’s Odds Oracle
    PS Hand Watcher
    PS Mate
    PS Never SitOut
    PS Play ByVoice
    PS Wins Viewer
    PSxPoker Tracker and HUD
    RangeDefiner
    RankExplorer
    SeatMojo
    Secret Stats: Preflop Selektor
    SessionLord CashOpener
    SessionLord SnGOpener
    SessionLord SngAutoColoring
    SharkScope (including SharkScope HUD)
    Sharktoolz Bankroll Manager
    Sharktoolz Poker-Reader
    SharkyScanner
    Sharkystrator SitnGo Wizard (version 1.0.1.163 and newer) †
    Slice
    SmartBuddy
    SpinWiz
    StackAndTile
    Star Tracker
    StarsHelper
    Stud Indicator Table of Interest Table Optimizer
    Table Shark
    Table Tamer
    TableDroid
    TableJuggler
    TableNinja
    TableScan
    Turbo
    Telescope by SpadeIt
    ThePokerDB
    TiltBreaker
    TimeMojo
    Tournament Indicator
    Tournament Shark
    Tournament Updater
    Tourney Manager
    Turbo SeatIN
    Unfold Poker
    Universal Poker Table Organizer
    Usunpokertools
    VantageHUD
    Winning Poker HUD
    Xeester
  • edited June 2015

There are a ton of really decent people on Sky Poker (& most other sites), but the thought that those people are facing opponents with all that extra assistance just feels wrong to me.

Each to their own, good luck anyone who wants to fish in those waters, but for many of us, no thanks.

I must know hundreds of players on Sky Poker, maybe thousands, most of them play at fairly low buy in levels, & the thought of them being taken advantage of is not a pleasant one.

• edited June 2015
    ^^ Just ridiculous ^^
    Glad I play here
  • edited June 2015

This is the sort of thing we are up against on 'Stars. Good luck to 'Stars, it's a wonderful site, no doubt about it, but this sort of thing will kill online poker.

http://www.flushdraw.net/news/player-aid-software-disrupts-pokerstars-husng-community/

What chance have us recreationals got against that?
  • edited June 2015
    Is a poker pro someone that plays poker that doesnt have a job?
  • edited June 2015
    Donkey tracker?  I thought that was an app that shows Orfords GPS position at all times.  You live and learn
  • edited June 2015
    I'm sure I've seen Flopzilla on a different, none poker website.
  • edited June 2015
    If you think someone is playing against you and using the holy grail of poker, all you have to do is type NI into the chatbox a few times and it disables the software against you
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Having a favourite site for poker............:
    I win, I do more than OK, I earn a living from Poker. But I cannot win on Skypoker (havent played on here in a year). Using Sharkscope I have seen a fair few winners on Skypoker are losing thousands on other sites. How strange. I write down or record every hand I play, I as do most career (pro) players. I reviewed my Skypoker hands today after recieving an email from them and wow, Skypoker has a lot of AA v KKv JJ hands lol. An AA is weak on skypoker in my opinion. Now Skypoker, have things changed? For a site with such a small group of constant winners, it must have a HUGEEEEEEEE amount of what we call (depositing players) or the players that feed the winners.
    Posted by pokermar28
    How do you know players alias from other sites?

You write down every hand you play?

Pretty poor troll effort IMO
  • edited June 2015
    Nobody thinks you're a pro mate, they're just too kind to say it.
  • edited June 2015
    Sorry I don't usually get involved in all this sillyness but I just cant stop laughing at this latest attempt to upset our lovely site:
    Can you imagine at the final table of WSOP they all sit down with their pens and pads and try to write down every hand:
    Hold on dealer I cant see how many chips he just bet. Oh hang on Ive not written down what suits the cards were, Oh no hang on Ive forgotten how many chips I wanted to bet. Oh no call the security that mans looking at my notebook, lol I haven't laughed so much for ages.
    thank you Mr interloper you really are an idiot.
    This definitely comes under the heading of "mouth in 3rd gear and brain in neutral".
    This isn't meant to offend by the way.
    Nannypat66
  • edited June 2015
    Due to the nature of this original post, this thread will be closed.