You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

technical help needed

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat
I got a pain in the backside adaware programme somehow (dragol/jungle net) which installed loads of other programmes today.

I removed them I think and everything seems to be running ok except sky poker.

skypoker opens ok but when I launch a table, it gives a blue screen in the box with a question mark in it.  I cant get any further.

could this be a adobe problem? (something adobe related got deleted I think)

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to technical help needed:
    I got a pain in the backside adaware programme somehow (dragol/jungle net) which installed loads of other programmes today. I removed them I think and everything seems to be running ok except sky poker. skypoker opens ok but when I launch a table, it gives a blue screen in the box with a question mark in it.  I cant get any further. could this be a adobe problem? (something adobe related got deleted I think)
    Posted by MrWh1te
    reinstalled adobe air, still not working
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: technical help needed:
    In Response to technical help needed : reinstalled adobe air, still not working
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Are you sure you have removed all the malware.
    Have you tried running a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, that normally catches most stuff.
    You dont need to use the full version the free version will do the job.
  • edited June 2015
    i think I got it all but will try that too
  • edited June 2015
    you need to install "adobe flash player" - please note this is different to "Adobe Air"

Once installed - delete all your cookies & internet history in your Explorer - re-start PC and try it again.
  • edited June 2015
    It sounds like the OP is running the Download client, so deleting the IE cookies would not be of any help. Even it was using the web browser, deleting the IE history would definitely be a waste of time too, that couldn't possibly help.

• edited June 2015
    It sounds like the OP is running the Download client, so deleting the IE cookies would not be of any help. Even it was using the web browser, deleting the IE history would definitely be a waste of time too, that couldn't possibly help.
    Posted by FCHD
    yeah I am on download client.  might have to use web one to clear points for freeroll but don't wanna :/

pokertrev I have a feeling it could be that, I think it was adobe flash player or something that got deleted.
    my problem is, when I try and download it, it says it is integrated with windows 8 and blocks the download :/
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: technical help needed : yeah I am on download client.  might have to use web one to clear points for freeroll but don't wanna :/ pokertrev I have a feeling it could be that, I think it was adobe flash player or something that got deleted. my problem is, when I try and download it, it says it is integrated with windows 8 and blocks the download :/
    Posted by MrWh1te
    adobe flash player can only be updated in windows 8/8.1 by using the windows update. Have you tried going to windows update for the latest version?
  • edited June 2015

thought I had, maybe not

gonna give up for the night, early start in morning, will try again tomorrow,  thanks for your help

• edited June 2015
    thought I had, maybe not gonna give up for the night, early start in morning, will try again tomorrow,  thanks for your help
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Just a quick update:

Last night I did a system restore to two days earlier and this failed.  This morning it was connecting me to sky poker but on opening a table it said 'no connection available, please check cconnection' although all other poker sites were working.

Just tried again now after work and it is running fine.

So in short, it fixed itself, no idea how, and thanks guys for your help.
  • edited June 2015
    Now your issue is solved I'm gonna jump in with a problem I keep having.

On numerous occasions my tables have started lagging to the point where it becomes unplayable. This normally happens around 2hrs into the session. My only option is to restart my laptop, which can (and has) result in me losing dyms. Once restarted, the tables are running fine again.

Why is this? Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
  • edited June 2015
    How many tables do you play?

I find anything over 6 dym's and I start lagging enough to time out and my laptop is only a year old. 
  • edited June 2015
    I'm normally only playing 2 dyms alongside 2 mtt. The puzzling thing is why the tables run fine again after restarting my laptop
  • edited June 2015
    hmm sorry, im a techie-noob.

hopefully someone else will come along who can help
  • edited June 2015
    Now your issue is solved I'm gonna jump in with a problem I keep having. On numerous occasions my tables have started lagging to the point where it becomes unplayable. This normally happens around 2hrs into the session. My only option is to restart my laptop, which can (and has) result in me losing dyms. Once restarted, the tables are running fine again. Why is this? Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
    Posted by waller02
    Are you playing via Browser or using the skypoker client ?
  • edited June 2015
    Sounds like something mentioned by NoseyBonk called memory leak.
    Read this.

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: technical help needed : Are you playing via Browser or using the skypoker client ?
    Posted by mumsie
    I'm playing on the client. Would you suggest trying the browser? I had no lag tonight, I really don't know what causes it but it always happens at the worst possible time
  • edited June 2015
    Sounds like something mentioned by NoseyBonk called memory leak. Read this. SKY TECHNICAL TEAM PLEASE GIVE US FEEDBACK ON CONSTANT FREEZING TABLES
    Posted by belsibub
    Ty for the link. I have read through the thread and it certainly does sound similar. Especially as the lag is gone after I restart my laptop. Wouldn't others be affected by this though? Haven't heard anybody else complaining recently.

I think I am going to try playing on the browser and see if things improve.
  • edited June 2015
    I have had dreadful lagging problems when running more than 2 tables.I notice this in particular when sky has free rolls with more than 500 people!
  • edited June 2015
    I have had dreadful lagging problems when running more than 2 tables.I notice this in particular when sky has free rolls with more than 500 people!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Yeah mine always seems to happen at these times too. I'm going to try playing on the browser tonight and see if it's any better
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: technical help needed : Yeah mine always seems to happen at these times too. I'm going to try playing on the browser tonight and see if it's any better
    Posted by waller02
    Try Chrome as the latest version of Firefox is baddd
    GL
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: technical help needed : Try Chrome as the latest version of Firefox is baddd GL
    Posted by VespaPX
    How do I do this? lol

I don't think I'm using Firefox? I'm using Internet explorer? Is that what you mean?

I really am useless with computers! 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: technical help needed : How do I do this? lol I don't think I'm using Firefox? I'm using Internet explorer? Is that what you mean? I really am useless with computers! 
    Posted by waller02
    google google chrome then install,you cannot post hand histories in chrome tho you have to revert to IE to post hand histories
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: technical help needed : google google chrome then install,you cannot post hand histories in chrome tho you have to revert to IE to post hand histories
    Posted by stokefc
    Cheers. So then will I have to uninstall the Sky download and reinstall it using Chrome?? Or are we talking about using Chrome to play on the browser version?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: technical help needed : Cheers. So then will I have to uninstall the Sky download and reinstall it using Chrome?? Or are we talking about using Chrome to play on the browser version?
    Posted by waller02
    No need to uninstall the download :)

Chrome/IE/Firefox are browsers so you'll use either of them to run the browser version of the Sky client. Nowt to do with the download client :)

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: technical help needed : No need to uninstall the download :) Chrome/IE/Firefox are browsers so you'll use either of them to run the browser version of the Sky client. Nowt to do with the download client :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Ahh I see.

Well I tried using the browser version last night and had no problems. So I guess that I will have to stop playing on the download version then.

Cheers for all the advice