You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority Freeroll?

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat
Promo page says 'will appear in lobby day before', supposed to start in a few hours. Is it still on?

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Priority Freeroll?:
    Promo page says 'will appear in lobby day before', supposed to start in a few hours. Is it still on?
    Posted by raggy94
    Hi Raggy,

Been a delay from the team that set up these freerolls, but I've been assured it will be sorted. I'll give them another chase now, so you can expect them there within the hour!

Cheers,
    JP.
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    Hi,

These have now been set up and the players entered.

Cheers.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Priority Freeroll?:
    Hi, These have now been set up and the players entered. Cheers.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Hi, whilst on the one hand it's good to have players automatically entered in case they had forgot about it - on the other hand, you end up getting a lot of people not playing anyway. As such, the first hour or so of a tournament you can be sat at a table with 1 or 2 other active players and stealing the blinds of the away player - which is rather tedious.

Surely a better solution would either to be put the tournament in the lobby earlier (so that people have more time to check it and remember about it) or to let Priority members know by text or email that the tournament is now in the lobby?
  • edited June 2015
     I agree with Ivanovic if the tournment is put up in time anyone who wants to play will register
  • edited June 2015
    Its absolutely ludacris (see what I did there) to register everyone.  The tournament started with about 35 active players and 55 sitting out.  My table was me and 5 away players, nice for me getting chips but rather dull.  It also screws the payout structure, with a third of the actual players getting paid. 

Please dont that again, just put them in lobby on first of the month (or a suitable period before) and let those who intend to play register.  I'm sure you did this same thing middle of last year and people said exactly what I'm saying now, and the response from Sky was to not do that again.
  • edited June 2015
    Thin brag but do you still get the jackpot for winning the mini and the main over any time period?  

tia
  • edited June 2015
    For the Main next week every1 has been automatically entered as with the mini yesterday.

It's not very good playing and half the folk are away.
  • edited June 2015
    Morning guys,

Just a quick update on this. Many thanks for your feedback. Since everyone has already been entered into the next Priority Main on Tuesday 24th, this will remain the same this time around. Although after this, we will allow eligible players to register themselves.

Cheers,
    Kirsty

(Sky Poker)
  • edited June 2015
    its funny i remember when people werent entered automattically they complained about missing it :/ you just cant win
  • edited June 2015
    its funny i remember when people werent entered automattically they complained about missing it :/ you just cant win
    Posted by RLT16
    You're probably right RLT - you can't please everyone! :)
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by RLT16
    Spot on Buddy
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by RLT16
    I mentioned this in my post saying about the pro's and con's. If they are only going to put it in the lobby the day before or the same day then it's no wonder people forget about it - but if people get a txt/email OR it's put in the lobby at least a few days in advance I suspect less people would forget and miss it by accident.
  • edited June 2015
    Forgot why I came back here too - there's a table of players tonight where not one player is there. So blinds keep moving around - hopefully that table breaks soon otherwise there will be a weird dynamic going on later on ITT.