You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Won a seat to UKPC Final!!!

Well only gone and done it! Won a seat to UKPC Final on Sunday night.

After trying on many occasions to get to further in the satellites and crashing. I've gone and won a seat to the final.

After crashing out of another UKPC satellite to try and get to the quarters was having a laugh with misty and the rest of the players left, brasshead said to me why don't you try and get in through FR. Crashed out of the first one and the 1k fr but was still in the second. We were laughing and joking and I jokingly said, oh well look well if I get through to the final and manage to get a seat to UKPC proper as I've never played live before.

Didn't even dream of getting a seat, but just kept on plodding. Soon enough we were down to the bubble! I've already been the bubble girl before so for me this was quite a tense situation as I was quite a short stack. Couple of hands later the bubble burst..........Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I made it.........I had got a seat to the Semi!!!

To say I was in shock was an understatement as this for me was a major achievement. Didn't really think I would get anywhere near to getting a seat into the final. After a promising start and quite a few chips, Matt Bates happened to steal a load of them, like he does........so was down to about 1600. Held my nerve and stood my ground against high calibre players (saying that anyone is that to me). At one time I was so scared of people with large chip stacks, now it doesn't bothe me. Then I got scared of having a large stack as I was so used to being the shorty I used to lose them all.

Well I kept plodding on like you do and the players kept on dropping like flies. Got down to the final 14 and I lost another stack of chips so was left with 1100 Lambert told me to have patience, well that I have a lot of. Usually I would have been out, but I was determined to get to the final 2 tables. Then I got a few DU then I managed to knock Lambert180 out! Massive shock to me.

Then it was bubble time! I was chip leader for quite a while, come from being the short stack to being top. I obviously had both tables up to see who was going all in etc. I knew I had to sit on my hands. Then once again the bubble burst and I won a seat into Sunday's UKPC Final. For most of you that know me, will know i've not been playing all that long so this for me is a major achievement. If I get through I get through, if I don't I don't. Either way it cost me nowt so everything is a bonus. Plus to play with high calibre players will be a great experience. Just gonna play my game. Hope the poker angels are with me Sunday night as they were last night.

Good luck to all in the Final and also those who are trying to get there. Maybe I could be the first player who's never played a live tournament to get there and play a blinder, I really don't know. We will see, just wanted to share my news. Didn't get to sleep till 4 am and no wasn't playing poker just couldn't sleep. Not really hit me yet hope it doesn't but I know it's a major achievement for me and I am proud of myself.

Comments

• edited June 2015
    So so pleased for you Angel what a chance and so well played. I know how that feels and like you I have never played liveMaybe we might both get through and play on the final table of the UKPC lol.
    But never mind me well done and really good luck for the final table may the poker gods be with you.

Nannypat66
  • edited June 2015
    Nice one Olive :-)
    GL in the Final
  • edited June 2015

Wonderful news - now finish the job on Sunday evening - it would be wonderful if you could win a UKPC seat.

Good luck on Sunday.

• edited June 2015
    Really pleased for you Olive, would be fantastic if you won your seat to the UKPC, Talking of bubble, I'm not bitter at all ;) good luck in the final x.
  • edited June 2015
    Thank you so much pat, vespa and of course Mr Tikay. Much appreciated.

Pat you never know stranger things have happened. It was like it was meant to be. As I always say short stacks are more dangerous than those that have the most chips. They don't have a lot to lose. While ever I have chips I'm still in. Never underestimate the Angel is my saying.........lol Just goes to prove what you can do when you are in the zone and put your mind to it.

Good luck all run golden and run deep.

Good luck Tikay in Vegas hope your having a brilliant time.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Won a seat to UKPC Final!!!:
    Really pleased for you Olive, would be fantastic if you won your seat to the UKPC, Talking of bubble, I'm not bitter at all ;) good luck in the final x.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Thank you Tom, once again sorry lol xx
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    Good luck!!
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thank you MrsD :) gonna need all the luck I can get. lol Have a very unorthodox way of playing. Mind you saying that only been playing 3 months.
  • edited June 2015
    Well done, wish you all the best on Sunday, hopefully you won't knock me out!
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Won a seat to UKPC Final!!! : Thank you MrsD :) gonna need all the luck I can get. lol Have a very unorthodox way of playing. Mind you saying that only been playing 3 months.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    You played well in the semi, from what I saw. Hope you qualify. My first ever live tournament was the wsop main event!
  • edited June 2015
    Good luck to all in the Final and also those who are trying to get there. Maybe I could be the first player who's never played a live tournament to get there and play a blinder, I really don't know. We will see, just wanted to share my news. Didn't get to sleep till 4 am and no wasn't playing poker just couldn't sleep. Not really hit me yet hope it doesn't but I know it's a major achievement for me and I am proud of myself.

I know exactly where your coming from I was a the same when I won my one and probably only dtd tournament
    I got to the final table and was determined to give it a good go and not be shoved about, before i knew it i was the one
    that was doing the shoving about.

so you have one soul mate here rooting you good luck angel  give it your best shot proud of you well done   db xxx
  • edited June 2015
    Thank you Gsmith, Phil and DB.

Phil now why doesn't that surpise me! Hope you did well in it and enjoyed the experience.

Well done DB massively proud of you for TID.

To me your all massive SHARKS! and am a little tiddler. As I said If I get through I get through, If I don't I don't but its certainly a massive experience for me, as only been playing 3 months. So we will see how it goes. :)
  • edited June 2015
    Thank you Gsmith, Phil and DB. Phil now why doesn't that surpise me! Hope you did well in it and enjoyed the experience. Well done DB massively proud of you for TID. To me your all massive SHARKS! and am a little tiddler. As I said If I get through I get through, If I don't I don't but its certainly a massive experience for me, as only been playing 3 months. So we will see how it goes. :)
    Posted by Darkangel7
    I qualified via an $8 sub-sub-qualifier-it can be done. Loved the experience:-folded my way to Day 2....you can do it.
  • edited June 2015
    Very best Angel, keep enjoying yourself and you'll do fine.
  • edited June 2015
    Well done angel gl sunday I played it last year my first live tourney had great fun, already got there again through last weeks final, hopefully you can do it and the first drink will be on me when you get there gl Steve
  • edited June 2015
    Well done angel gl sunday I played it last year my first live tourney had great fun, already got there again through last weeks final, hopefully you can do it and the first drink will be on me when you get there gl Steve
    Posted by poshcole
    Thanks Hendo and Steve, even if I don't get there am going down anyway to see what it's all about and to meet up with some of you off here. Good luck
  • edited June 2015
    very best of luck!!!
  • edited June 2015
    very best of luck!!!
    Posted by mac24
    Thanks Mac gonna need all the luck I can get. Hope the poker angels are with me tonight. Here we go!
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Won a seat to UKPC Final!!! : Thanks Mac gonna need all the luck I can get. Hope the poker angels are with me tonight. Here we go!
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Very well done-see you in Nottingham
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks Phil!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Thank you all for the rail!!! Think most of sky was there. I've only gone and done it!!!! Came 7th!!!

I knew I would!

At the start of it, I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights, uncertain. Then I put some music on and a certain song came on and that was it game on. Am sorry for those I knocked out my sincere apologies. I have got a game all unto myself. Don't think anyone can understand my game. It's mine and mine alone. No poker book or statistics read no outs or anything like that. It's just pure me.  AJ I really hope you were drunk when you said what you said! lmao

Max am sorry I should have left the chat box alone but hey ho.............there ya go. Another great night tonight. Very well played to everyone who made it to the final and to those who actually got a seat. Not bad to say what started off as a joke ended up like this. Playing less than 3 months and into a huge LIVE! tournament. Best of it is never played live before!

Well I am happy. That's all i can really say about the matter. Not over the moon, or jumping for joy. Just happy, because it was meant to happen. Not gonna do my 24 hour heart trace any good when I do get it done tomorrow though.

How the heck I am going to sleep tonight to get up for school in the morning I really don't know. DTD i'm taking you down! (in my dreams hahaha)

• edited June 2015
    Brilliant result angel railed your table all night look forward to meeting you at dtd,
  • edited June 2015
    Brilliant result angel railed your table all night look forward to meeting you at dtd,
    Posted by poshcole
    Thank you so much steve, ul to hayley though would have liked her to qualify too. I am sure she will do it. Looking forward to that drink. :)
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks Phil! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Thank you all for the rail!!! Think most of sky was there. I've only gone and done it!!!! Came 7th!!! I knew I would! At the start of it, I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights, uncertain. Then I put some music on and a certain song came on and that was it game on. Am sorry for those I knocked out my sincere apologies. I have got a game all unto myself. Don't think anyone can understand my game. It's mine and mine alone. No poker book or statistics read no outs or anything like that. It's just pure me.  AJ I really hope you were drunk when you said what you said! lmao Max am sorry I should have left the chat box alone but hey ho.............there ya go. Another great night tonight. Very well played to everyone who made it to the final and to those who actually got a seat. Not bad to say what started off as a joke ended up like this. Playing less than 3 months and into a huge LIVE! tournament. Best of it is never played live before! Well I am happy. That's all i can really say about the matter. Not over the moon, or jumping for joy. Just happy, because it was meant to happen. Not gonna do my 24 hour heart trace any good when I do get it done tomorrow though. How the heck I am going to sleep tonight to get up for school in the morning I really don't know. DTD i'm taking you down! (in my dreams hahaha)
    Posted by Darkangel7
    well played last night and congrates on getting your seat from freeroll not easy to do ..im off to turkey now so will catch you at the tables when im back .... :) 

• edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    Thank you Mrs D :)
  • edited June 2015
    Thank you Will, enjoy your holiday..........looks like what I said is going to come true......lol
  • edited June 2015

Congrats DA. Really hope you enjoy your 1st live tourney at DTD. I played the 1st UKPC there after qualifing for 'free' too. It was a 1k buy in then and I was a bit nervous about the whole thing. I thankfully got some good advice of a few people before hand and did actually make day two and finish 130ish/500. Just play your own game but please get some advice of some of the more experienced players in your team about the whole playing live scene, as I believe this will be your 1st time.

Also make sure you find Tikay on arrival....he will put you at ease and he will answer any questions you have.

One final thing.....GOOD LUCK! .....oh, and chat as much as you want at them tables...;)
  • edited June 2015
    Congrats DA. Really hope you enjoy your 1st live tourney at DTD. I played the 1st UKPC there after qualifing for 'free' too. It was a 1k buy in then and I was a bit nervous about the whole thing. I thankfully got some good advice of a few people before hand and did actually make day two and finish 130ish/500. Just play your own game but please get some advice of some of the more experienced players in your team about the whole playing live scene, as I believe this will be your 1st time. Also make sure you find Tikay on arrival....he will put you at ease and he will answer any questions you have. One final thing.....GOOD LUCK! .....oh, and chat as much as you want at them tables...;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Dearest Max, thank you so much for this message. Am sorry re:chat box but it's just how I play the game. I did try...honestly... and I even apologised in the chat box for chatting too much to you and even got asked why I was apologising for it...lol I am going to get as much advice as I can. Tikay already knows I'm through. Lmao as chat as much as you want I might be really quiet for a change depends who i've got on my table. ;)