You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Have your hand personally critiqued by Neil Channing and on YouTube within the week!

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
Hello everyone. I'm recording loads more YouTube vids with Mr Channing tonight and in response to many of you asking for more hands from the community to be shown, we're thinking of doing some dedicated poker videos for your requested hands. Think of it as...

The Poker Pitstop

Take a quick break from all the poker and pull into the pitlane to have our expert mechanic give you a quick tune-up before sending you on your way

Choose one hand. And one hand only. That hand that's been keeping you awake at night. Or a typical example of a hand where you feel there's a leak in your game.

Analysing your play will be one of the UK's greatest ever players, 
Neil Channing 

and it will live forever on YouTube on our 'SkyPoker' channel, helping you and educating others forever more.

So, here's your chance to be one of the first...take a hand from one of the televised tables that you've played on over the last few weeks, (Mastercash tables, or the main/mini events every night at 8/8.300.

Make a note of the hand i.d. number from the hand history and post it on here, along with maybe a quick question about it e.g. Could I have played this better?Should I have bet on the turn? What do you think about my bet sizing on the river? Is this an insta-laydown on the flop? 

We'll select some tonight for Neil and I to record before we do the live show at 10pm and they'll be posted on YouTube within the week.

Look forward to your requests. :-)

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Hi Rich - Wouldn't mind having this hand analysed - 918632969. It is from the Mini Rebuy last Wednesday. I think we were in the money, but can't be sure. Below is my thoughts at the time.

I had 55 in BB, with 30BB's behind.
    Cut-off min raises (one of the best players on the site).
    Am I too deep to shove? Not keen on 3-betting such a small pair out of position and not that deep.
    I flat-called and have an over pair to the board on flop, so call the c-bet.
    Turn gives me an up/down straight draw (and still an over-pair to the board), didn't know whether to check-raise all-in on this street, but bet seemed strong from oppo, so just called again.
    River bought flush, but no straight for me and another strong bet from oppo. Folded my hand. I suspect he made the flush, but excellent triple barrel bluff if not.

Would love to see Neil's analysis later.

Cheers

Greg.
  • edited June 2015

That's a pretty interesting one Greg. Have you got a number for it? If you haven't I'll reply here tomorrow.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Have your hand personally critiqued by Neil Channing and on YouTube within the week!:
     That's a pretty interesting one Greg. Have you got a number for it? If you haven't I'll reply here tomorrow.
    Posted by NChanning

(just read that for the third time and finally saw the number in the first sentence). Looks like we'll be doing this one.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi Neil, this hand was heads up on the FT of the Roller last Sunday.

Hand History #919971126 (02:37 22/06/2015)

Did I play this right post flop? Was I right to fold river? He was generally a very tight player who, from what I could tell, didn't bluff much. The all in on the river looked to me as if he had a King and was hoping I'd call with an Ace. However he may well have bluffed me off the pot.

I think most people would have called "heads up" here, but I decided to fold, interested in your thoughts.

Good luck with the Youtube clips.

Cheers,

Graham (StayOrGo)

P.S. We are up to £3,371 for the charities.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi guys, thanks for sending those in- I can tell you right now that Neil and I recorded both your hands tonight, so look out over the coming weeks for the first two Poker Pitstops as you two are the stars.

:-)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Have your hand personally critiqued by Neil Channing and on YouTube within the week!:
    Hi guys, thanks for sending those in- I can tell you right now that Neil and I recorded both your hands tonight, so look out over the coming weeks for the first two Poker Pitstops as you two are the stars. :-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You're welcome Rich. Is it possible to post the link where we can find them?

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks Rich and Neil, I am looking forward to seeing it and the analyse from Neil.

Cheers

Greg.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Have your hand personally critiqued by Neil Channing and on YouTube within the week! : You're welcome Rich. Is it possible to post the link where we can find them? Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham, it's not on there yet but keep checking back to

The latest videos are always at the top. I can't say for sure when it will be on there, as it depends when the team get around to editing it and uploading it, but I would guess within a fortnight and definitely within a month.

:-)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Have your hand personally critiqued by Neil Channing and on YouTube within the week! : Hi Graham, it's not on there yet but keep checking back to www.youtube.com/user/SkyPokerChannel/videos The latest videos are always at the top. I can't say for sure when it will be on there, as it depends when the team get around to editing it and uploading it, but I would guess within a fortnight and definitely within a month. :-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Great, I will look out for it.

Thanks Rich!
  • edited June 2015
    Congrats on your Speed Bounty Hunter win Rich! :=)
  • edited June 2015
    Congrats on your Speed Bounty Hunter win Rich! :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo

Cheers mate!
  • edited July 2015

Mr Channing & Miss Fowler will be recording a few more of these on Tuesday (tomorrow) evening, so if you have an INTERESTING hand, & you'd like some advice from Neil about it, & it has been played on a "Televised Table" (one with the TV Icon) in the last week or so, send it in please, via this thread.

Please remember we MUST have the hand number.
  • edited July 2015
    Mr Channing & Miss Fowler will be recording a few more of these on Tuesday (tomorrow) evening, so if you have an INTERESTING hand, & you'd like some advice from Neil about it, & it has been played on a "Televised Table" (one with the TV Icon) in the last week or so, send it in please, via this thread. Please remember we MUST have the hand number.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi TK,

I have plenty of hands that I would like advice on. :=) However, I do believe Neil has already critiqued one of my hands in the first Poker Pit stop, and I didn't want to "hog" his resources. However, if you would like another hand of mine, let me know.

By the way, I haven't seen any Youtube's up yet with last month's ones. Are they there and I've missed them, or are they still to be edited/uploaded?

All the best!

Cheers,

Graham (StayOrGo)
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Have your hand personally critiqued by Neil Channing and on YouTube within the week! : Hi TK, I have plenty of hands that I would like advice on. :=) However, I do believe Neil has already critiqued one of my hands in the first Poker Pit stop, and I didn't want to "hog" his resources. However, if you would like another hand of mine, let me know. By the way, I haven't seen any Youtube's up yet with last month's ones. Are they there and I've missed them, or are they still to be edited/uploaded? All the best! Cheers, Graham (StayOrGo)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I honestly don't know, Graham, I've been away since the end of May, & only got back this afternoon, so I don't know what's what yet, sorry.  
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Have your hand personally critiqued by Neil Channing and on YouTube within the week! : I honestly don't know, Graham, I've been away since the end of May, & only got back this afternoon, so I don't know what's what yet, sorry.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    No problem TK, I've got a couple of "juicy" hands from yesterday's roller. First one's probably the most interesting. However if you get hand requests from others let them take priority, because, as I mentioned before, Neil's already analysed one of mine.

Hand History #926579633 (23:41 12/07/2015)

Hand History #926595100 (00:30 13/07/2015)

If you want my thought process regarding these hands, let me know.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited July 2015
    Hi Guys

Two hands from the roller which i finished 11/150 odd, these were hands i lost chips in, so would be interested to hear how someone much more skilled would have played it differently.

Hand #1
    Hand Number: 

Hand History #926584505 (23:55 12/07/2015)

Few key talking points
    - Call pre flop, is it ok to continually call these bets hoping to hit a nice flop?
    - Flop action, obveously flopped quite nicely for QJ, is call or shove better?
    - River bluff, advised spot to bluff at? 

Hand #2
    Hand Number:

Hand History #926599461 (00:48 13/07/2015)

At this stage i'd been chipping away and built my stack up with around 65k with no major all ins, feeling quite confortable. Should i be risking half my stack with 55 here? This pot ultimately led to my demise, got short after losing this and never got going again with a lack of hands/blinds going up
  • edited July 2015
    Thank you for these hands :)

Hope life is good xx
  • edited July 2015
    Thank you for these hands :) Hope life is good xx
    Posted by MissFowler
    Its not bad, only way it could significantly improve is it i watched a video of Miss Fowler analyse my hand. (and you also Neil) but fowler gets bonus points.
  • edited July 2015
    Played this hand earlier this month where i made a big fold on the river, still not sure if i made the right decision, would be interested in hearing Neils thoughts, thanks.

#921268905 (13:09 26/06/2015)

• edited July 2015
    Played this hand earlier this month where i made a big fold on the river, still not sure if i made the right decision, would be interested in hearing Neils thoughts, thanks. #921268905 (13:09 26/06/2015)
    Posted by BigHawk89

Hi BigHawk89. What tournament/cash table was this from?

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Have your hand personally critiqued by Neil Channing and on YouTube within the week! : Hi BigHawk89. What tournament/cash table was this from?
    Posted by Sky_DanB
    Hi Dan, it was from Mastercash 27 - 20nl.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Have your hand personally critiqued by Neil Channing and on YouTube within the week! : No problem TK, I've got a couple of "juicy" hands from yesterday's roller. First one's probably the most interesting. However if you get hand requests from others let them take priority, because, as I mentioned before, Neil's already analysed one of mine. Hand History #926579633 (23:41 12/07/2015) Hand History #926595100 (00:30 13/07/2015) If you want my thought process regarding these hands, let me know. Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi StayOrGo, we'll get Neil to take a look at hand ending 633. Would be great to get your thought process.
    Cheers
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Have your hand personally critiqued by Neil Channing and on YouTube within the week! : Hi StayOrGo, we'll get Neil to take a look at hand ending 633. Would be great to get your thought process. Cheers
    Posted by Sky_DanB
    Sure thing Dan.

Hi Neil/Anna

So Hand History #926579633 (23:41 12/07/2015)

Fairly deep into last Sunday's Roller and I'm going nicely with about 80K (Blinds 500/1000)

I min raise in the Cut Off with 9T and get called by the small blind.

Flop comes 89T (two spades)

Opponent checks and I lead out to protect and get value for my hand, but get re-raised.

I decide to just call the re-raise and re-assess after the turn. I'm quite sure I'm ahead, but there are so many draws out there, that I wanted to see a brick before committing. I get my brick on the turn, my opponent leads out. I feel he has a strong draw, either "flush" and/or "pair and straight". So I put him all in.

He called and, well you can see what happened. :=(

I'm not keen on how my opponent played the hand, but who am I to judge. :=). However, did I play it OK?

Thanks again,

Graham

P.S. The TLB charity initiative has now raised over £3,500! Thanks Neil, and to all who have supported.
  • edited July 2015
    BTW Neil/Dan.

Do you know if the last "Poker Pit Stops" have been uploaded to Youtube yet? I haven't seen any yet, but may have missed them.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited July 2015
    Just seen my hand on the YouTube Channel. Thanks for the analysis Neil, really enjoyed watching it and glad you would of played it the same!

Cheers

Greg.
  • edited July 2015
    Just seen my hand on the YouTube Channel. Thanks for the analysis Neil, really enjoyed watching it and glad you would of played it the same! Cheers Greg.
    Posted by GREGSTER

Just bumping this up guys as the hands are now making their way regularly on to YouTube and we're recording more of these tomorrow evening (Tuesday 28th).

So, if you want a hand of yours get expert advice from the likes of a Neil Channing, Stuart Rutter or Ryan Spittles then stick the hand i.d. on here and we'll do the rest tomorrow.

Then just look out on our YouTube channel over the coming weeks.

Remember it must be from a TV table i.e. an 8pm main event, 8.30pm mini event, any mastercash table or any other tournament which had a TV icon next to it in tthe lobby. And it can be from any time over the last couple of weeks.
  • edited July 2015
    Hey, saw you posted my hand up - thanks chaps interesting analysis - more post more up as they come.

• edited July 2015
    Hi guys,

I got an interesting one (imo) from last night's Roller. It'd be great if you could have a look cos I was pretty stumped in game, I think I should probably call river in the end...

Hand History #931019252 (23:10 26/07/2015)

• edited July 2015
    Thanks Paul.

Any more?

We'll be recording in a couple of hours time.

See Lambert180s post for the general idea of what we require info wise. Hand id number and a quick question with a tiny bit of info attached. Nothing too detailed as these wil make 5 minute videos on YouTube.
  • edited July 2015
    BTW Neil/Dan. Do you know if the last "Poker Pit Stops" have been uploaded to Youtube yet? I haven't seen any yet, but may have missed them. Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

Hi mate,

I've been told that your video will up on YouTube in the next 2 weeks.

Sorry about the delay and hope you like it!