You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question for Tikay?

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat

Should I buy a hat?

Comments

• edited June 2015
    It almost worked for Barny Boatman (although he didn't wear it on the FT)
  • edited June 2015

Hats are great.

Baseball caps worn back to front, not so much. 
  • edited June 2015

Hi Teeks,  the OP should be read in a scouse accent a la Cilla Black.

Or is it a rumour that you are only 1 step away from a trip to the wedding chapel?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Question for Tikay?:
       Hi Teeks,  the OP should be read in a scouse accent a la Cilla Black.    Or is it a rumour that you are only 1 step away from a trip to the wedding chapel?
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Ahhh, I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Gotcha. You completely whooshed me.

I need to do my morning duties, reply to e-Mails & PM's, sort myself out, but I'll reply later today.

Thank you for asking.

• edited June 2015
       Hi Teeks,  the OP should be read in a scouse accent a la Cilla Black.    Or is it a rumour that you are only 1 step away from a trip to the wedding chapel?
    Posted by pomfrittes
    I got it.. and if it's true then.. MEGA! SUPERB! And there had better be a 'do' in Stoke later
  • edited June 2015
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Just a rumour, really.

I never intended to make it known, except to close friends, but you know how it is, I told Julian - obviously - & a few other close friends, & before I knew it, everyone in Vegas seemed to know, so I had to break cover & make it known.

So yes, I got engaged, but there are no plans to do any more than that, & we have not even discussed it. At my age, it's not wise to think too far ahead. We don't live together or anything either, we just see each other every other weekend, though we chat endlessly every night on "Message".

Suffice to say, I've fallen very lucky indeed, she is just the kindest, sweetest, most caring person I have ever met. We've known each other for over 25 years. I'm not one to be hasty.....  

• edited June 2015
    congrats tony 
  • edited June 2015
    Been reading all about it "next door" this evening.
    Congrats to you both
  • edited June 2015
    Congratulations Tikay. Nice to hear some happy news on here for a change.
  • edited June 2015
    Good evening Sir Tikay.
    Excellent news. would it be possible to ask  Lady Tikay if she can spare the time to play the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited June 2015
    Congratulations Tikay. Nice to hear some happy news on here for a change.
    Posted by FCHD
    Amen to that.
  • edited June 2015
    Good evening Sir Tikay. Excellent news. would it be possible to ask  Lady Tikay if she can spare the time to play the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    She does not play poker, and that won't change.

Her only experience of poker is when she visited me during the UKPC @ DTD on the last 2 renewals, & Anna took her under her wing. 

To complete outsiders to poker, it's all a bit much to understand how it works. I was playing a UKPC on Sky Poker over Christmas, & she was asking me how I was getting on. I said I was doing OK, it was a nice table, but there were still 200 players left. 

"200 players, crikey it must be a big table" she said.....

Sounds really daft, but if you have zero experience of poker, it can be a bit hard to comprehend.   

• edited June 2015

Congrats  you both.
  • edited June 2015
    wp tikay, congrats, hope you both very very happy times,chuffed to bits for you
    happy vibes for a change
  • edited June 2015
    Fantastic news congrats to you both.

Pat
  • edited June 2015
    Congratulations to you & Gill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Chuffed for ya! Wish you all the best.

Elliot

* use of multiple punctuation points justified in this case.

• edited June 2015
    Cute! Congrats :)
  • edited June 2015
    Congrats Tony, a table of 200 players would need a big pack of cards probably 5 packs with burn cards required. Would 5 of a kind beat a royal flush? Maybe you should have 3 hole cards and keep 5 community cards but it is the best 6 cards that count. Hands like 6 of a kind or a super full house 3 aces over 3 kings. Has this been invented yet? sounds like a bit of fun.
  • edited June 2015
    Congratulations and the very best of wishes to you both.

The on air comments about stoke and christmas trees from anna all make sense now. Kind of figured there was a lady involved and so happy to read this news.

• edited June 2015

Unbelievable news.....I dread to think what this poor woman must have done in a previous life to deserve this...x (from Kelly)

• edited June 2015
    Congratulations and the very best of wishes to you both. The on air comments about stoke and christmas trees from anna all make sense now. Kind of figured there was a lady involved and so happy to read this news.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Ha, rumbled.

I've made an oblique reference to Gill on the Shows quite often actually. She watches every minute of "my" Shows.

Her initials are "GB" so when I'm working in Vegas, I often say in blogs & phone calls "I'm missing GB".

• edited June 2015
    Unbelievable news.....I dread to think what this poor woman must have done in a previous life to deserve this...x (from Kelly)
    Posted by Maggiesdad

Kelly, if you can cope with Mike, I'm sure Gill can cope with me. ;)

PS - Great to hear from you.
  • edited June 2015
    wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I must admit to reading between the lines of some recent posts and hoping that there was this type of understory

vwp

& glgl
  • edited June 2015
    salt o thee earth Tikay thats us Stokies,hope you,re having a blast m8