You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is Sky Poker dying a slow and painful death?

edited June 2015 in Poker Chat
Is it just me, or has general traffic on Sky Poker reduced dramatically this year?

I used to be able to multi table 10+ £11 and £22 DYM consistently from 2pm onwards on a daily basis....nowadays I struggle to get 4 simultaneous games in the earlier hours and even going into the evening session too.

Are players jumping ship because even during "peak" hours I cant get more than 2 games at a time going?

Thinking of leaving as there simply isn't enough volume available anymore. Its now 7pm and its taking an age for even one game to fill...just not good enough!

The TV channel stops, traffic slows, rewards change for the worse (in my opinion) and it simply isn't the same anymore.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited June 2015
    its summer ry its always quiet this time of year
    ill tell you what sky should do tho is drop the gtd for the cheepy to £50 and put the 7.15 deepy up to £150 in the winter months
    EDIT:theres nowt wrong in playing on other sites when times are quiet come back here when its busy,simples
  • edited June 2015
    Summer months generally do hit Sky Poker but I have noticed a drop in player traffic and I do agree the TV channel has had a lot to do with it.
  • edited June 2015
    Always the same this time of the year, especially if the weather is nice like today 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Is Sky Poker dying a slow and painful death?:
    Is it just me, or has general traffic on Sky Poker reduced dramatically this year? I used to be able to multi table 10+ £11 and £22 DYM consistently from 2pm onwards on a daily basis....nowadays I struggle to get 4 simultaneous games in the earlier hours and even going into the evening session too. Are players jumping ship because even during "peak" hours I cant get more than 2 games at a time going? Thinking of leaving as there simply isn't enough volume available anymore. Its now 7pm and its taking an age for even one game to fill...just not good enough! The TV channel stops, traffic slows, rewards change for the worse (in my opinion) and it simply isn't the same anymore. Thoughts?
    Posted by waller03
    Hi Waller03

Thanks for your question. The honest answer is 'no' and categorically so.

As the other guys have pointed out it is a bit quieter at this time of year but, comparing to the same time as last year, we are growing.

Thanks for your concern though.

Sky Poker
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker dying a slow and painful death?:
    its summer ry its always quiet this time of year ill tell you what sky should do tho is drop the gtd for the cheepy to £50 and put the 7.15 deepy up to £150 in the winter months EDIT:theres nowt wrong in playing on other sites when times are quiet come back here when its busy,simples
    Posted by stokefc
    Who is Ry? Am I being confused with Waller02 again lol?
    As the other guys have pointed out it is a bit quieter at this time of year but, comparing to the same time as last year, we are growing.

Thanks for your concern though.

Sky Poker[/QUOTE]

Ok maybe its because previous years I havnt noticed as didn't play during the day times. Been a loyal Sky Poker customer for years so don't want to migrate but maybe during summer months day time play will have to go elsewhere.

Thanks for your responses guys!
  • edited June 2015
    Totally cocked that quote up lol!
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker dying a slow and painful death? : Who is Ry? Am I being confused with Waller02 again lol?
    As the other guys have pointed out it is a bit quieter at this time of year but, comparing to the same time as last year, we are growing. Thanks for your concern though. Sky Poker[/ QUOTE ] Ok maybe its because previous years I havnt noticed as didn't play during the day times. Been a loyal Sky Poker customer for years so don't want to migrate but maybe during summer months day time play will have to go elsewhere. Thanks for your responses guys!
    Posted by waller03
    ha,sorry m8,got me eye test on Friday:) well that's my excuse,i thought it strange ryan posting what u did cuz im pretty sure he knows the economics of poker this time of year,apologies
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker dying a slow and painful death? : ha,sorry m8,got me eye test on Friday:) well that's my excuse,i thought it strange ryan posting what u did cuz im pretty sure he knows the economics of poker this time of year,apologies
    Posted by stokefc
    No worries I get "Hi Ryan" constantly on the tables too so i'm used to it now, thinking of changing my name to Ryan just so I can say Hi back lol.

Picked a bad time of year to go semi-pro then! Its not too bad still at the moment as even though im playing a lot less volume the win % has shot up a bit as concentrating more on fewer games....just not racking up anywhere near as many points anymore so losing out on RB.

Think i'll just enjoy the heatwave like everyone else this week! :o)