You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New challenge for the donk starting from the begining

edited August 2015 in Poker Chat
Gonna start from the beginning starting from scratch just gonna deposit a £20 if i lose it withing that week i will not deposit again until the begining of a new week

my aim is to play 4nl and small buy in mtts £1.10 - £2.20 buy ins and the dtd weekly + freerolls

target to make £100 a month solely playing 4 nl and mtts

talking to dohhhh and he said i should start playing again as i hardly play anymore as i cnt stand grinding cash but i thought i give it ago again

not gonna play much as i used to lol just when i get bored really as i used to play 12 hrs a day can be addictive but im just gonna play 6 hrs a day max

Comments

• edited June 2015

Good luck dude.

I would focus on nl4 and only play the mtts out of daily winnings. £20 is a thin kitty but do-able. 

The level has changed alot from the old days, but with good table selection and discipline you'll be able to overcome the 7.5% rake and bring in a few quid.

Don't be tilt buying into 50/1 PLO as soon as you lose a hand though, that wont work.
  • edited June 2015
    haha i wont m8 cheers i just stuck to £20 a week that is it once i lose it not depositing anymore need to be strict on my brm as u know i am abit of a spew monkey 
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    gl with the challenge! How's things been going for you?
  • edited June 2015
    cheers guys  been ok larson thaks just not played poker much whenever i get moey i bet with it o horses footy etc and dt put it on poker so i basically spew my money ha but gonna get back on the horse n start playing again starting low stakes  try and build a roll up again :)
  • edited June 2015
    gl... forum is not the same without a Donk Diary
  • edited June 2015

I didn't see £5.50 turbo dyms mentioned in your plan Steve!

3.5 buyins is a risky bankroll strategy.
  • edited June 2015
    What a rocky start to the day played 5 4nl tables  within a hour i lost 3 buy ins so £12 down got me lil tilted so i played a 5.50 dym ha plan out of the window shouldnt be doing that with my roll but played 4 of them cashed in 3 so all good not playing them anymore 

played a £1.10  £25 gtd managed to took that down cost me £4.40 tho doe 2 rebuys and a add on played £2.20 scary no good ak vs my aq pre that was that thats about it atm regged for the dtd games so playing that and theres a gd tourney tonight at 9.45pm £100 gtd £1.10 freezeout 3 min blinds my kida mtt never gets 100 players either so loads of overlay
  • edited June 2015
    haha yeah cheers dohhh just tilted from losing 3 buys at 4nl
  • edited June 2015
    [  ] solid BRM 
  • edited June 2015
    best of luck with you poker.
  • edited June 2015
    Day 1 over with a quick summary i made a massive mistake earlier i meant to reg for a £2.25 dym and accidently clicked a £22 dym and it filled up really quick so no time to de reg i was on the edge all my b/r i 1 game i was lucky to cash tho 

played about 12 £2.25 dyms today cashed in 8 so a small profit of a fiver then played a £25 gtd £1.10 rebuy managed to bink that  cost me for £4.40 tho

no good in dtd a couple of deep runs but no cash and played the 9.45 rebuy £2.20 speed mtt no good got coolered qq vs kk gg happens

so a good start tbh

started with £20
    after day 1 £47.40

so profit of just over 27 quid

i think i am gona stick to 2.25 buy ins on dyms and small mtts from now on 4nl isnt for me
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    Not sure I buy the 'accidently regged' story when a £22.50 DYM would NEVER be anywhere near a £2.25 DYM in the lobby (or any low stake DYM), but I won't dwell on it cos your response will be the same whether it was a genuine mistake or not.

The thing I would say is
    1) Set your filters to 'low' stakes or whatever it is that includes the £2 games so it's literally impossible to make that mistake ever again.
    2) Grind 4NL
  • edited June 2015
    was a genuine mistake paul i would never play a 22 dym with about 28 in my account at the time lol
  • edited June 2015
    Now I've read this I feel like you must have been bumhunting now when you took position on me at a MC10 table on Sunday rather than play at NL4...

The donk has got my number, gonna have to ease off the bluffing :(

GL with your challenge, hope it leads to a big bink somewhere along the journey.
  • edited June 2015
    cheers m8 having a day of today just gonna play the ukpc freerolls later and the 1k freeroll enjoying the sun having a few colds 1s in garden :) run good at the tables shakinaces
  • edited July 2015
    Just a quick update not really played much as catching up on tv watching films and poker watched the alpha 8 london thing last night was good viewing always good when tony g is at a table   

back to how im doing only played 8 x £2.25 dyms in the last couple of days cashed in 5 so a lil profit played a few £1.10 rebuy mtts for £25 gtd but no good in them and couple of £2.20 mtts no good still got £30 tho so all good be bk on it over the weekend
  • edited July 2015
    Not updated in a while lets just say my plan of depositing £20 and playing small stake mtts didnt go well went busto

the last week on my betting site went ok tho only made a deposit of £10 won £40 on the horse racing which was nice :)  yesterday was the big bink tho from a £10 outlay on the greyhounds i won just over £800 booom :)

so i decided to withdraw £750 as i want a nice roll on sky again to start with so i can play sats and mtts again ive left £50 on my sports accountso all is good in the donk household atm
  • edited July 2015
    Nice bink Steve.
    Hope you run well back at the tables

Btw Lambert, it is quite easy to reg for the wrong Dym.
  • edited July 2015
    Bink!!!!!!!!!
    Very nice gl at the tables Sir!
  • edited July 2015
    You playing on the site now IDCU?
  • edited August 2015
    no not now dtm  i will playing next week as takes a few days for my withdraw from other site  to go in the bank
  • edited August 2015
    tnx timmy and jac cheers be good to come back aint been on the site for a month now
  • edited August 2015
    just saw this thread

gl donk at the tables, gd to have u back :)
  • edited August 2015