You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Leicester to be relegated

edited July 2015 in Betting Chat
With the news Leicester have sacked Nigel Pearson 
9/2 to go down seems big
They stayed up last season Because they stuck with him
Looks like yet anouther owner expecting too much from there club.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    How about Pompys odds? the fancy prices have all gone now, but still look a decent bet at 9/2?? looks they have a very solid team for a very weak looking league 2. Would be good to have a pompys fan opinion. Anyway im balls deep into them this coming season, with a saver on the mighty Luton 
  • edited July 2015
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Leicester to be relegated:
    How about Pompys odds? the fancy prices have all gone now, but still look a decent bet at 9/2?? looks they have a very solid team for a very weak looking league 2. Would be good to have a pompys fan opinion. Anyway im balls deep into them this coming season, with a saver on the mighty Luton 
    Posted by moonooo
    Positive noises coming in from fratton. 
    some good looking signings especialy Roberts. Dont think 9/2s value for any team outside the premiership.
    think we will either walk it by xmas or it might be yet anouther false dawn.
    think Luton are a better value bet.,like the look of some of their signings.

• edited July 2015
    Cobblers!
    Posted by splashies
    fell for that on last season!
  • edited July 2015
    If the favourites for the job are Harry Rednap or Sam Allardice .......then pile in for relegation. But the Thai owners have created a stable club willing to spend money on transfers and put the money up. So you have to think are there 3 teams worse than Leicester in the final show down at the end of the season? The answer has to be yes!! At the minute Leicester should be ready for another battle again after the great escape last season. Newcastle,Villa,Watford,Norwich.. and maybe more teams that stuggled last year won't be battle ready.

Just my opinion as an Arsenal fan who would not be betting Arsenal at 5/1 to win the league with your money! Hope they do it but no value.

Cheers Dave.
  • edited July 2015
    I think 9/2 is great value as it stands, although i think if they persuade Allardyce or Dyche to take over then Id expect them to stay up, if they go for someone with zero prem experience then id be backing them for the drop...

as for league 2 pompey are way to short, no league 2 team should be 9/2 unless they have a huge budget. I'm also opposing Orient and Oxford so i think the value is with Luton and Wycombe.

As for the championship I backed wolves at 20/1 last month as i strongly fancy them to score a lot of goals next year, and as Bournemouth and Watford proves last year that attack is the best form of defence in that league... I think Wolves are only 16/1 now so the value is going but still i think they are a cert to challenge
  • edited July 2015
    derby for the championship agree arsenal 5/1 for the league is ridic odds get on alladyce for lecister job i think they will stay up if they get alladyce or redknapp klopp 12/1 for the job lmao should be 10000/1
  • edited July 2015
    Think I would rate Leicester at 7/2 to be relegated so if you can pick up better (4/1 is available) then there is value.

All three promoted sides face a tough battle to stay up & Sunderland are the most likely team to drop if one of them stays up. I also think that Leicester have a stable enough set up to be only slightly affected by Pearson's departure.

I haven't finalised my bets for next season yet but i think Derby are fair value at 7/1 to win the SBC and hard to see any other stand out team for L2 other than Portsmouth at 9/2. Both have new managers so there is a risk.
  • edited July 2015
    Think I would rate Leicester at 7/2 to be relegated so if you can pick up better (4/1 is available) then there is value. All three promoted sides face a tough battle to stay up & Sunderland are the most likely team to drop if one of them stays up. I also think that Leicester have a stable enough set up to be only slightly affected by Pearson's departure. I haven't finalised my bets for next season yet but i think Derby are fair value at 7/1 to win the SBC and hard to see any other stand out team for L2 other than Portsmouth at 9/2. Both have new managers so there is a risk.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Agree about Derby untested manager been a coach at very big clubs so has to contend with a big step down in finances and player abilities. also Derby should have been promoted the last two seasons so 7/1 is way to short imo.
  • edited July 2015
    JUST SEEN ON FOOTBALL TELETEXT THE FAI HAVE GIVEN MARTIN O'NEILL PERMISSION TO TALK TO LEICESTER,
    TO MY MIND THAT MAKES 7/2 SEEM VERY SKINNY.