You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sharkscope

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi i just wondered how accurate sharkscope is at keeping track of players results as it seems to be missing more and more of my wins and losses.I got in touch with them once and they told me the amount of data they have to deal with they are bound to miss the odd 1 or 2 results but it seems to be happening more and more.since the start of the year i have been keeping track myself of wins and losses and there is a large discrepance between there findings and mine

Comments

• edited July 2015
    It is only any good as a rough guide really, I had a bit of a look a month or two ago when it was being discussed and saw some glaring errors in my stats. Nearly all of these were around satallites there software struggles sometimes with some of them, but when you consider the amount of data from various sites and the different formats on the different sites I think they do well. Having said that I never use it myself
  • edited July 2015
    Pretty much what Sir Gary just said.

Last year when I made the Punta Cana final qualifier it showed up as a £700 loss albeit I had got there for £1.
    It has also shown several Sunday roller entries as £90 ish losses when it has missed reporting the original satellite.

Also doesn't cope well with 'special' events, eg it completely missed an event Sky put on early last year (think it was a landmark event of some sort).

I gave up even bothering to report any missing results, but still check it out now and again, even just to get a background on  players I don't know (stakes etc )
  • edited July 2015
    SS doesn't track the Rewards FR, so everytime I've cashed, which has been every one I've played, I've to report it manually!
  • edited July 2015
    Its over 99% accurate for dyms and tournaments.

It doesnt count some sky freerolls, if you satelite into a tournamaent it treats this as if you just bought in so this is where it is inaccurate.

It doesnt track cash games at all.

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: sharkscope:
    Its over 99% accurate for dyms and tournaments. It doesnt count some sky freerolls, if you satelite into a tournamaent it treats this as if you just bought in so this is where it is inaccurate. It doesnt track cash games at all.
    Posted by gerardirl
    The satellite thing evens out.

If you play a £12 direct sat into the roller say, when u win the sat it shows as £98 profit

Then when you play the roller it'll show as -£110 (assuming u dont cash).

Those 2 figures together = -£12 which is what you've lost.

==============================

SS is pretty accurate for MTTs but far from perfect. One thing it gets wrong is overlay, SS will just take the prizepool and divide it by the number of runners so when there's overlay it makes the BI bigger. It also just randomly misses some MTTs, and some heads in BHs too.

I keep a spreadsheet of my profit/loss and my profit for this year is actually £600 more than SS says so that's a pretty big difference over a small period of time.