You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

mtt main schedule

edited July 2015 in Poker Chat
before i give my personal opinion on the main mtt schedule i would like to ask the question whats others opinion of it is and if it could do with a bit of a shake-up?

i would like to see a 2nd night of the £11 rebuy,maybe on a friday or saturday night so as to break up the 3 consecutive nights of £33 bounty hunters or maybe a freezout on a smaller scale of the sunday roller,i realise the reason so many bountys run is because of their popularity but even if one of them was dropped as the main mtt for a night there is still numerous other bountys running around the time of the main.

The reasoning i have for preferring rebuys and freezeouts over bountys is i like the fact all buyins end up in the prizepool but as i say its just my personal opinion so please dont bash me for knocking bounty hunters.

Another possible idea for sky could be a £22 rebuy but i guess now would not be the time to consider that as the long summer days affects traffic,maybe an idea for the winter.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    I love the idea of a weekend rebuy as I can't play Wednesday's as it runs too late. In a perfect World I'd say run a rebuy and a £33 bh on Fridays.
  • edited July 2015
    Just my 2cents...

I think the Tuesday main needs dropping tbh. One original selling point of it was that it was a main event they could show on 861 and was quick enough to finish live on TV but 861 doesn't exist anymore. There's room to just have an £11 turbo comp 7 nights a week (even if it's only guaranteed at £500) just not as a main.

I like rebuys, as do a lot of regs, but alot of recs don't because it significantly reduces their chances (both because they play deeper and because a lot of recs dont wanna fire 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 BIs at it).

Again though, there's room for a solid £5 or £10 rebuy 7 nights a week.
  • edited July 2015
    Would like to see the tuesday main replaced the numbers have been dropping in it since the tv channel left.
  • edited July 2015
    What about making tuesday an £11 Turbo Rebuy and then sticking a decent £33 freezeout or deepstack on wednesday..

Either that or start making some of the BH's into BH rebuys.

Tuesday is currently the least fun to play imo, tp deep at the start and too shallow at the end. And the wednesday rebuy i do enjoy, but a 3am+ finish means i probably dont play it 50% of the time.